Glad I got the tank stuff now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Hey folks,

You may or may not remember from this thread of mine & subsequent comments I made in others that I decided after some musings that I may as well get an eGo-t starter kit as just the batts to use out & about.

I got the kit on Tuesday & as I predicted after I'd checked the charge on both batts I set up the tank system on one of them to have a vape & check it out :vapor:

I was pleasantly surprised that it vaped pretty well out of the box. I think perhaps they have tweaked the kits a bit since they first came out (or I was just lucky) but I also think some of the following are responsible for some of the mixed reviews:

1) They are more sensitive to PG/VG mix than traditional carts. I've got a couple really good juices from a uk supplier that happen to be 50:50 bases and these work as well in the tank system as in the trad one. Some others I've tried since do come through a little thinner (but still beter than if I was using the trad cart on a slim batt). I reckon if your fave juice was affected this minor tank cart mod would be well worth a shot but I haven't had tinker time to try it yet.

2) It is absolutely essential to blow out the atties before use. They had far more primer in them than any others I've come across and seemed like fairly evil stuff. I'm prepared to bet that most of the "weird early flavour" types of problem have been down to tis cause.

3) Even with my good set vapour levels are slightly less & the draw harder than with traditional eGo systems. I still found production very acceptable & I'm sure the difference could be completely overcome with tinkering but I can imagine with the hype this system got initially long term eGo users could be a little underwhelmed.

All in all though I like the system. The tank carts are nearly as handy as cartos if you're gonna be on the go and are obviously easier to avoid vaping completely dry. It performs to enough of a degree for me that I've currently set up both batts with the tanks & have been using almost exclusively for the last day or so while I give all my other kit a lil' overdue running maintenance. The batts are excellent to use with any 510 stuff that you want to stick in your pocket due to the 5-click on/off mechanism. That was my original reason for interest so I am happy with my purchases :)

Peace, ethnobot

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
+1 on the primer comment. I recently got a 510 tank atty and carts for it and at first got this horrible earthy taste to my liquids... It's like soil, it's the best way I can describe it. I couldn't tell if it was burnt plastic (I've read it's common on tanks) or my juices. A bit latter though and more vaping done that taste has completely gone for me and they now vape like a boss.

I will say though, for me my juices flavours are somewhat less pronounced on the 510 tank. I find this really strange. Pure liquid filtered down with no wool filling? It should be stronger tasting right? Not for me. Exact same juice in a wool filled cart on a 510 for me at least had considerably more flavour... Odd.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
One factor that I've learned to appreciate is the ability to pop out the eGo T spike/wick for cleaning. I was amazed by the black build up on the wick fibers. Put a mini-torch to the strands and, lo and behold, it came out white as snow. Gotta love that.

Another thing I learned the hard way, after losing a T wick plate, I started dripping with the spikeless atty. Oh my... now I know what the drippers are talking about. Never been a dripping fan, but now I'm re-experiencing some ol' flavs with a new appreciation.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
The tank system has worked well for me after a little learning curve about cleaning. I have some cartos but don't use them any more. I find them to be more trouble topping off all the time than cleaning the attys once in a while when vapor and flavor drop off. I recently bought a type B tank and a low resistance atty and was amazed at the difference in production and flavor. I like something I can fill up in the morning and take with me without having to take a bunch of extra stuff to make it through my day and the tanks fit that bill well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread