Glass for aerotank giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
I went searching for replacement glass because I thought there could be no way Kanger made a glass tank without replacement glass.. but I didn't find anything. I'm really shocked they don't stock replacement glass for the Giants.

About a custom glass replacement.. I would assume any kind of custom glass, even at that size, would cost more than getting a new tank altogether.

I wish I could help you out. If I were you I would contact Kangertech and explain your situation. Surprisingly, their customer service is pretty solid. I broke a couple metal parts on my mini protanks and they sent me replacement bases. If you ask for replacement glass, they might offer to send you it for free, given that you purchase something else.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
If it is a straight glass tube and we can get solid dimensions we will see if a match is available for the size. You just never know with some of these products as they might be oddball sizes due to either sizes manufactured by their plants or even custom pulls where a large enough quantity is purchases to have it done to their proprietary specification.

If you have calipers then by all means measure it up. We need to know the OD (outside diameter) Wall thickness and length. It also helps to know the diameter of the metal part of the device that goes into the glass if it is designed with an oring that seals on the ID as this sometimes becomes an issue when the manufacturer does not allow proper clearance for the tolerance in glass manufacture. Glass is not turned on a lathe like steel parts so it is never perfectly round and the process is a continuously monitored adjustment back towards nominal size. The glass we use is very high quality and most times very close most of the time.

TimV30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Lincoln Nebraska
Ok, so I finally pulled out the calipers and measured the stainless steel insert for the Aerotank Giant, which is the same as the glas. I get the following measurements:

Wall Thickness = .080 inches
Outer Diameter = 1.182 inches
Inner Diameter = 1.022 inches
Height = .553 inches

I hope this helps. With these measurements, do you think it will be possible to find something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread