glass over plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan iredale

Oct 25, 2019
Been vaping now for 4 months, totally love it. I've decided to try and make my own liquid for the sake of cost. Is it possible for me to produce liquid on the same par as Riot Squad? Another question is glass over plastic bottles does it affect the taste, i recently decanted some cheap stuff from plastic bottles into glass and noticed my glass dropper bottle seems to make it more richer and smoother in some way, or is it just me?...

Reactions: BrotherBob

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome
For premixed juices I'm guessing it's just you. Glass does have some perks though if you use amber, cobalt, or green. The colors help slow down nic oxidation. Glass also doesn't let flavor molecules escape if using a solid cap and not a dropper lid. Personally I prefer ldpe for my mixes and pet for flavor concentrates. Just easier; for mixes I know will need a longer steep I will sometimes put in glass since I tend to forget about them.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've decided to try and make my own liquid for the sake of cost. Is it possible for me to produce liquid on the same par as Riot Squad?
Depends on what you mean by on a par. If you mean can you recreate the exact formula and taste on your own, extremely doubtful. Could you come up with a formula of your own that is equal to or better than RS, more likely if its a totally new mix flavor (other than RS).
Another question is glass over plastic bottles does it affect the taste,
It can, depends on the plastic used to store the mix and the flavor(s) contained therein. Some plastics degrade chemically over time when exposed to flavors/mixes.
re: Search Results for Query: tank cracking flavors | E-Cigarette Forum
In general, UV resistant colored bottles/plastic can add good protection.
re: SKS Bottle & Packaging - Product Spotlight - Glass & Plastic Packaging with UV Protection
noticed my glass dropper bottle seems to make it more richer and smoother in some way, or is it just me?
Taste is individually subjective.
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Your subject: DIY, suggest posting in : DIY E-Liquid
You may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information (dropper bottle problems) from the membership in the above forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread