Status
Not open for further replies.

campfiregirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2012
Within the flame
I am very new to vaping, but like the red hot cinnamon flavor. Does anyone know if there is a clear glass tank available for citrus/cinnamon juices that can be used so the acrylic tanks don't crack? I am using an eGo system with the metal cartomizer that came with it for the red hot juice right now but would love to see how much is left. Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I am very new to Vaping, but like the red hot cinnamon flavor. Does anyone know if there is a clear glass tank available for citrus/cinnamon juices that can be used so the acrylic tanks don't crack? I am using an eGo system with the metal cartomizer that came with it for the red hot juice right now but would love to see how much is left. Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Look at the Phiniac!

Kropotkin

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Maine
You might also try the pyrex tanks from theEcig, which I think are quite nice in real life: New! Pyrex Glass Tanks For Your Ecig

They're super-sturdy and rugged, and the glass and chrome version doesn't appear to have any melt-able parts. (Or at least I can't see any without taking it apart.)

Glass in general is pretty heavy, though, so the "slim" tank models - which are designed specifically for eGo-sized devices - might be your best bet. I love the wider, squattier glass tank with a heavier mod, but it's kinda clunky with the light-weight eGo. I much prefer the skinny version for this, as the overall balance is better.

atom45

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
Windsor
Phiniac are very nice, but crazy expensive. Theres no way a little glass tube should be 60 dollars, handblown or not. I have an outstanding glass pipe collection with amazing glasswork and those pieces didnt cost me over 30 each for the most part so Im kind of wondering why they charge so much for them.

Dont get me wrong they have some great tanks, just wish they still had the Dharma tank for sale maybe I would suck it up and shell out teh cash!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The slim tanks at IBTanked would look the best on an Ego, if aesthetics are important to you. You can order a clear tube with metal endcaps for under $25. As Ocelot mentioned, the acrylic caps also offered are apparently susceptable to some of the caustic juices. The stainless steel caps come in different colors now, also.

If you don't mind that your setup looks top heavy, the other pyrex tanks will work also. With the Triple V tanks at Valley View, I'd only recommend them if you order the metal endcaps. The default grommets are silicone, and although Ray states that they would be safe with caustic juices, they must be filled with a blunt needle. The grommets fit so tightly that you might struggle changing out cartos, too.

The Phiniacs are one of the best tanks available, but they only come in one diameter, which may look top heavy on an Ego.

View attachment 142591 IBTanked on a Twist

View attachment 142595 IBTanked and a Phiniac on Provari's

View attachment 142593 IBTanked on my Silver Bullet, Provari, and BB

View attachment 142594 Valley View Vapes 7ml on my BB

Last edited:

campfiregirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2012
Within the flame
The slim tanks at IBTanked would look the best on an Ego, if aesthetics are important to you. You can order a clear tube with metal endcaps for under $25. As Ocelot mentioned, the acrylic caps also offered are apparently suseceptable to some of the caustic juices. The stainless steel caps come in different colors now, also.

If you don't mind that your setup looks top heavy, the other pyrex tanks will work also. With the Triple V tanks at Valley View, I'd only recommend them if you order the metal endcaps. The default grommets are silicone, and although Ray states that they would be safe with caustic juices, they must be filled with a blunt needle. The grommets fit so tightly that you might struggle changing out cartos, too.

The Phiniacs are one of the best tanks available, but they only come in one diameter, which may look top heavy on an Ego.

Thank you, this is very informative. I think I am going to go with the smaller ones you mentioned at first just to see how it looks/feels then move up to a phiniac eventually. Thanks again!

V8inDamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
LOST IN THE CLOUDS-USA
Here's a pic with a Phiniac on a Ego Twist if you have a sleeve they aren't that bad looking IMO

Sorry cant get it to turn the right way. I only have a phone to post pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

campfiregirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2012
Within the flame
Thanks for posting that(V8inDamma), it actually looks pretty nice I think. I got the larger (acrylic) tank for my new twist today and it looks to be about the same size as your pic. I got the blue twist too, can't wait to use it!

I don't know how you use a phone for posting anything, I would think it's a royal pain!

campfiregirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2012
Within the flame
The slim tanks at IBTanked would look the best on an Ego, if aesthetics are important to you. You can order a clear tube with metal endcaps for under $25. As Ocelot mentioned, the acrylic caps also offered are apparently susceptable to some of the caustic juices. The stainless steel caps come in different colors now, also.

View attachment 142591 IBTanked on a Twist

View attachment 142595 IBTanked and a Phiniac on Provari's

View attachment 142593 IBTanked on my Silver Bullet, Provari, and BB

View attachment 142594 Valley View Vapes 7ml on my BB

Thanks for posting the pics, they all look nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread