The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Glass Tanks

Discussion in 'Tank Issues' started by Desiderata, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Desiderata

Desiderata Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    San Antonio
    I'm sure this topic has been discussed on here but I couldn't find a specific thread on it. Do certain juices crack glass tanks? I have an Orion v2.1 and this is the first time I used j.ui.c.y.va.p.or.s (take out the periods, it's the only way I could write it) juice witch seems to be a strong juice smelling/tasting compared to other companies I have tried. Anyone have anything similar or anything to add. The hairline crack seemed to appear after a week of using this juice and caused me to blow a fuse. lol ...Cracked tank and blown fuse.:unsure:

2. glasseye

glasseye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    The short answer is no. There is no e liquid that could crack a glass tank. Even very strong dangerous acids wouldn't.

There are a few different reasons why your tank cracked; improper annealing, stress, or blunt force trauma but it wasn't the liquid.

3. Desiderata

Desiderata Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    San Antonio
    Thanks, it was from being in my pocket then. I didn't mention that first because I was unsure and wanted to know if it was one or the other.

4. glasseye

glasseye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    You're welcome. :) Sorry about your tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.