Glassmanoak's contest #56 with multiple winners and for winners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashim80

Ultra Member
Jun 18, 2014
Gainesville, Florida,USA
9/11 #1

Hello everyone! Bored waiting at the docs and thought I'd check in! :) Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

tree.jpg

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
yes that is one bad thing about getting up so early...I am starving...and I haven't gone shopping yet...so I don't have all of the good stuff to eat that I should....so now I am scrounging around in the kitchen to find something good to eat....& I need to make another pot of coffee....Uncle I liked that video on coffee.....and since it's been 2 hours since I finished my last cup I am now so much more tired...

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
4. The boss finally came in and then promptly left after about 20 minutes...now that's my kind of day! :D

There was a time when I loved days like that......come in long enough to do the books & then go out & do anything else besides work...

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
5. It's flooded here bad in several places, thankfully not my neighborhood though! There are lots of roads closed right now and I'm not sure how hubby is going to be able to get home tonight, he doesn't get off until 8pm so I'm hoping some of the roads will be back open.

Here's a video that shows one of the roads flooded, and the rescue of a motorist that tried to get across. This is right up the road from my house.

Here's a link to photo's of the flooding around here and in Memphis:
Share your photos and videos | WMC-TV: My5

treeswing_zpsee190018.gif

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
5. Well Count, some days it is...you do notice how often I'm on here some days! ;)

Well getting close to time for me to head out of here...probably won't be back on tonight because it is Thursday and he's going to have a big drink waiting on me...so I'll probably be passed out before 10:00! :facepalm::D

Hope everyone has a good evening/night!

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
Thanks y'all! I'm good and safe, and thankfully I went to the store the other day so I don't need to leave the house for anything. The rain has stopped and they are quickly repairing the roads where the water has receded. One neighborhood road completely washed away this afternoon and they have already got it temporarily repaired so people could return to their homes. One good thing about living in this high taxed, over priced area is that they get stuff done around here. They called in the coast guard to help get some residents out of homes in area's that were flooded really bad and took them out on boats. I'm just thankful we didn't get flooded! The rain slowed down at my house right before it came up over the bottom of the doors.

Here's some more video and pictures:

http://wreg.com/2014/09/11/coast-guard-helping-evacuate-apartments/

Last edited:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I believe that's the same system that doused Phoenix on Monday. Remnants of Hurricane Norbert that was on the Pacific. We didn't get much rain, but we got clobbered by humidity. San Diego is supposed to be a dry desert-type climate, so it was unusual for us. We still have the humidity, high temperatures, and are watching a new hurricane (Odile) off of Baja...

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
I hope the hurricane misses you Count! It was so cool here this morning, then after the rains passed it got really humid and yucky. It wouldn't have been so bad here if the system would have moved through quickly, but it just sat there dumping rain for hours. We didn't get any winds or thunder and lightning, just a downpour of rain.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I hope the hurricane misses you Count! It was so cool here this morning, then after the rains passed it got really humid and yucky. It wouldn't have been so bad here if the system would have moved through quickly, but it just sat there dumping rain for hours. We didn't get any winds or thunder and lightning, just a downpour of rain.
I'm not terribly concerned about being hit by the hurricane... I don't think San Diego has ever been hit by one. Besides, the ocean water temperature is only 75(!), so not terribly conducive to hurricanes. Most of our storms come from the Northern Pacific during the winter--enough that we have one of the top flood rescue teams around because the beach lifeguards need something to do when people are not at the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread