Gluing Glass to Metal. First Gen Kanger Protank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
I figured this would be the best place to put this question since it's subject concerns some issues that folks may run into here while making or modifying a tank.

On to the question, I have a first generation Kanger Protank where the body, glass bit, is glued to the bottom metal piece that screws into the Skirted piece of an eGo battery adaptor. One friend was using the glass piece to screw the Protank onto and off of her mod and to refill the ejuice. Short story shorter she popped the glass piece of the first gen Protank.

Big question part, what type of adhesive should I use to "GLUE" the Glass to the bottom metal Piece. Something that is non toxic and will survive the repeated stresses of day to day use that a Protank would encounter?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Glass and metal have different expansion coefficients so an eventual separation is inevitable if they are bonded together. Why an o-ring joint works much better.

I would likely use "super" glue. Prolly a gel type. It is used to stick rear view mirrors to windshields. And a UV cure type was likely what was originally used in the Protank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread