GLV news and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

terranlanding

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Texas
after welding, it's just powder coat and etching right? I hope these babies ship out early next week. All my parts are starting give out on me and the GLV is like a beacon of hope, glowing voraciously (with white LED) beyond the crest of the hill. I've had 5 of my 8 batteries die in the past 2 weeks and also lost an atty to friend who forgot to take their finger off the button. Maybe we'll get lucky for the rest of the manufacture process!

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
after welding, it's just powder coat and etching right? I hope these babies ship out early next week. All my parts are starting give out on me and the GLV is like a beacon of hope, glowing voraciously (with white LED) beyond the crest of the hill. I've had 5 of my 8 batteries die in the past 2 weeks and also lost an atty to friend who forgot to take their finger off the button. Maybe we'll get lucky for the rest of the manufacture process!

the welding shop said next week for sure but what they didnt say was when next week so we wait a little more i guess. very sorry to everyone i wish i could make this go faster . i will do everything i can to spee this along .

jay.

prodigi

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
This is probably a dumb question. Can I buy a 3.7v GLV and just purchase the longer 5 volt tube and convert my 3.7v into the 5V when I want to? This would be very convenient.;-)

It would be nice to have 5 volts when I'm home and be able to convert it to the smaller 3.7 volt for work or going out.

I'm not sure if this will work since the 5 volt uses a resistor correct? Maybe you can make the resistor removable so that this would be possible if it is not.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
This is probably a dumb question. Can I buy a 3.7v GLV and just purchase the longer 5 volt tube and convert my 3.7v into the 5V when I want to? This would be very convenient.;-)

It would be nice to have 5 volts when I'm home and be able to convert it to the smaller 3.7 volt for work or going out.

I'm not sure if this will work since the 5 volt uses a resistor correct? Maybe you can make the resistor removable so that this would be possible if it is not.

Heyyyyyy..... no throwing cogs into the production schedules with great ideas... ya hear ??!! :D

Would sure make a neat & diverse addition though !! Maybe a future new release with that option and call it "The convertable" (only because The Ragtop just doesn't sound right, lol).

VapeOn,
-Greg

woooozzaa

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
White Wood NB

It would work alright but you wouldn't be getting 3.7v from the smaller form. The resistor always restricts a certain voltage flow as far as I know. Would it still be more power than a regular battery from the model your using is the question here.

I HOPE the rocks are soldered and skrink tubed tight in there for the sake of durability. Loose components don't sound like a good idea to me anyway. I know this might not be the best idea for you but why not buy a second model? No unscrewing and you'de help support Jay for his great work :p. I know personally if the GLV turns out like I'm wishing I'll be buying a backup anyway, that is, if its available before next year lol.

Oh and question for Jay if he notices, is it just me or does the custom etching turn up on the back side of the unit? I don't mind branding at all but I would of thought the custom names on these things would of been right in front under the LED to show off. I noticed this from a picture of your custom blue 5v. If its the case, do we get a say in this or is it more delay lol? Maybe a vote...

Last edited:

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com

at this point i wont have any spare parts to do that with but after every thing gets going smooth ill make bodies and caps available. i like the idea of a removable resistor tho.

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
It would work alright but you wouldn't be getting 3.7v from the smaller form. The resistor always restricts a certain voltage flow as far as I know. Would it still be more power than a regular battery from the model your using is the question here.

I HOPE the rocks are soldered and skrink tubed tight in there for the sake of durability. Loose components don't sound like a good idea to me anyway. I know this might not be the best idea for you but why not buy a second model? No unscrewing and you'de help support Jay for his great work :p. I know personally if the GLV turns out like I'm wishing I'll be buying a backup anyway, that is, if its available before next year lol.

Oh and question for Jay if he notices, is it just me or does the custom etching turn up on the back side of the unit? I don't mind branding at all but I would of thought the custom names on these things would of been right in front under the LED to show off. I noticed this from a picture of your custom blue 5v. If its the case, do we get a say in this or is it more delay lol? Maybe a vote...

it would be more work for sure to keep track of who wants their name on top and who don't. the custom etching is on the bottom, but the way you hold it would cover your name if it were on top. you will see what i mean soon enough:D

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Jay,

If we don't get some satisfaction SOON I'm gonna be forced to leave my igloo, dog sled down there and have you bring me around to all these tardy manufacturing processors of yours to show them how irate a Canuck can be **Lumberjack Style** !!

There...... that almost made me feel a little better for using up my fire water money on a pre-order gone longer than anticipated !! ALMOST!! LoL.........

VapeOn,
Greg

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Jay has already mentioned previously that those who pre-ordered were going to get a lil something for the delay/hassle.... But to come out and "ask" for it openly is kind of ummmm rude (for lack of a better word) IMHO.

Frustrating?...... yes.... life detrimental?..... not so much.

VapeOn,
Greg

eagle74

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Hamilton, On
Thanks for the reply Jaybird.

These delays are out of your hands and I know you are just as eager to ship thee bad boys out as I am to get it. If it works like it should and is as ruggedly built as it appears the wife will be getting a 3.7v...plus I would really like to try 5 volts with an 801...but alas...1 thing at a time...

Appreciate the updates...have a good weekend

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
ok guys good news they WILL be at the anodizing shop on Wednesday. that takes a day, then the laser etcher takes a day, so i should have them in my hands next Friday. so about 10 days till they ship at this point . the hard part is over and can see the light at the end of the tunnel .....cant wait to ship these out.

jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread