Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
So a couple weeks back my 500ml bottle of eliquid ran dry, I share this with a few folks so it usually gets refilled 6 or 8 times a year. This is the same that I have been vaping almost exclusively for the better part of three years now. I do a 60PG/40VG base at 20mg (2 parts PG, 2 parts VG, 1 part 100mg nicotine in PG) to this I had been adding 20% Flavor Arts Watermelon (1 part flavor to 4 parts base). For any readers looking for that all day they can mix on their own this really is a good one, from long time vapers to folks who have just tried it almost everyone likes it and it is very easy to make. A variation on it is the addition of 5% Peach for what the Mrs calls Peachymelon.

Since my base is 20mg for each 5% of flavor it lowers the finished eliquid by 1mg and the flavor is PG based so it raises that slightly. I figure I end up with a 70/30 16mg eLiquid.

Well heres the rub, this last batch I decided to cut back on the flavor. This is almost as much of the cost or even more current nicotine prices and it is also as with any flavors the wildcard in terms of health concerns so lowering it is bonuses all around. I made this last batch using 10% or half as much of the flavoring than what had been there in the past. It has been a couple weeks now and what I am seeing defies sense. I am getting more flavor than I had in the past using half as much, what gives?

The only thing I can figure is that since I dont switch around the higher percentage of flavoring was masking off its own flavor. Sort of like using really strong anise or cinnamon eLiquids for a period of time and not being able to taste anything but on a more subtle scale.

So the takeaway here for me is that less really can be more. Might consider dropping the nicotine on my base for the next batch since it is now a touch higher than I have been vaping and to be honest the thought has been at the back of my mind for some time. Not interested at this point in any drive to 0mg but thinkin about trying somewhere in the 10 to 12 range and see if it doesnt just push me to vaping twice as much. The Mrs cut hers back to 6mg and wonders why she fills her tank more often these days ;) She was talking this morning about switching to an XL tank, I let her know that she already got her free tube so if she wants another it will cost :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I actually raised my nic level, so I could put the thing down now and then. It's working pretty well; I might take 2-3 hits in a row, then set it down and do whatever it is I'm doing. If I'm busy, it might not occur to me to pick it up again for a while, but it's great, still just sitting there waiting, and not wasting itself in an ashtray. :D

Andria

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Ha, you know it Rocco and I might talk a bit but to use your words she is my number one.

Andria, I can relate. In my own journey though 16mg has been the standard for so long so with it creepin up a little by reducing the flavor component it seems there is a bit more there than I really want. If I am awake I am vaping is somethin I have said before, prolly too many times :D so yeah puttin it down from time to time is a good thing. From my experience that comes more from keeping the hands busy than nicotine level though. When working and stayin busy there is not much thought or desire, in fact the time my vape can stay pocketed is probably much longer than what I would go between cigarettes in the past as it was always easy to just light one and let it hang in the mouth not having to stop and have a vape. This is good though at least in the time of my life where stoppin to take a break and appreciating it for that seems to mean so much more than a few minutes of our younger years.

OP, so you have seen this too. Just seemed quite interesting to me that lowering the flavor brought out the very thing adding it was attempting to do, I never would have predicted that. Like I said, bonus all around because really the less flavor used has to be the best (I know many vape unflavored but you know, spice of life and all) so it seemed worth noting for those who might read these things are worth tryin. Another thing to note is if you try something today and get one impression tryin it again in the future might give you a different impression. Most of us has probably had a huge aversion to one food or another that has become a favorite as time has passed, same kind of thing.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Oh, forgot to mention Rocco... no trick or treaters in the 20 odd years we have been here. With a quarter mile to the nearest neighbor it aint gonna happen :D We did go into town last night to do a bit of shopping and picked up a pizza (it was really good) and saw a few dressed up folks that looked like they were enjoying themselves.

I have shed a few more pounds since we were in Washington now hovering around 190. Always get a kick when I have pizza and beer the morning weigh in is about certain to show a loss. Another 'go figure' there, I call it my pizza and beer diet :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Oh, forgot to mention Rocco... no trick or treaters in the 20 odd years we have been here. With a quarter mile to the nearest neighbor it aint gonna happen :D We did go into town last night to do a bit of shopping and picked up a pizza (it was really good) and saw a few dressed up folks that looked like they were enjoying themselves.

I have shed a few more pounds since we were in Washington now hovering around 190. Always get a kick when I have pizza and beer the morning weigh in is about certain to show a loss. Another 'go figure' there, I call it my pizza and beer diet :D

I lost a lot of weight when I was sick this summer, but I was afraid I had gained it back and THEN SOME... but now that I'm putting on winter clothes, I see that I really haven't; I was on a diet when I first quit, back in Feb (post holidays diet!), and after I started vaping, I started NOT snacking so much, so I lost even more, then got sick. The pants I could barely zip last winter fit perfectly now. :D :thumbs:

Andria

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com

Well I knew that being out on the compound like you are. E and I always laughed about not getting any ourselves. When the walk to the house is always scarier than the reward it kind of puts them off. I wish I had the same experience with the pizza. Seems like I look at a slice and immediately balloon up. Don't worry, I'll always be able to recognize you by that big smile. My new tank and Provari rings are slated for delivery today. My friend PJ gave me one of his Provari's and I now understand why you guys like them so much. I'm always amazed at how quickly my orders get here and greatly appreciate the lowest shipping cost of any vendor I buy from. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread