• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

God I hate PCS'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Down to the wire now with only a few days to tie up the loose ends. Can the military make moving any more stressfull? Seriously, what a huge pain in the azz. I have TMO being shipped from two different areas and the main shipment with most of my houselhold items and motorcycle is in the states. Problem is I will not be in the states anytime soon and the movers apparently cannot enter my storage facility. So now I have to find a way to have an entire household worth of items moved outside the storage facility for them to pack it, once it's packed and crated-move the crates and packages back into the storage facility, then two days later move it all back out again so they can finally pick it up and send it all without me being there. I'm ready to pull my hair out.... Luckily I have my brother who is able to be there to sign for everything but unfortunately, that's not enough. It will take a lot more than one guy to move all of my furniture and stuff. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how I'm supposed to get my motorcycle back in the storage container after it's been crated up without a dam forklift. UGgghhhh...

Sorry for the rant.

My PV has been taking some serious abuse, I doubled my liquid intake in the past few weeks and it's still rising. God I hate PCS'ing...

Chief Cuzzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Virginia Beach
So you are encouraging our military to compromise their honor and integrity by lying and stealing? Not only that putting them in a position to be charged with multiple articles under the UCMJ?

You should keep that advice to yourself, way to represent your uniform.

Chief

Oh, yeah. A little secret for DITY movers (do it your damn-self, for those who don't know), take the truck to the scales a few extra times with a 3/4 load. They will never know. I always got PAID fat during DITY's! Totally worth the extra gas and time!

.....and. TAX FREE!!!

Nunnster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So you are encouraging our military to compromise their honor and integrity by lying and stealing? Not only that putting them in a position to be charged with multiple articles under the UCMJ?

You should keep that advice to yourself, way to represent your uniform.

Chief

I understand where you coming from, but I have known several persons that have been TOLD to do this by the soldier help center/chain of command while I was in. Almost everyone (I would say at least 3/5 people) who dyi moves themselves does this...

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Nunnster this used to be the case, but finance is taking a much closer look at things like this these days. BAH fraud is also one of those things that wasnt that big a deal back before 9/11 but now is under a microscope.

@chief, military didn't make a whole lot prior to the pay raises designed to get us within 10% of the civilian sector, ie prior to 2000, my pay as a SPC allowed my wife and I to live in a crappy one room apt, have a used car and rent movies for our night out. You know a well as the rest of us, those days if we found a way to save some money or keep some money (military moves NEVER recompensate you for everything you have to spend) we did it and told our buddies. Is it a grey area yes, but then again, why are there so many young military on food stamps still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread