The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

*bangs head on desk* needs to go back to vaping

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by dandelionwings, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dandelionwings

dandelionwings Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    hello, everyone!
    well, i'm the friendly neighborhood idiot that had picked up cancer sticks, again, last spring. hate the lack of will power, hate the smelly stinkies and overall, hate feeling like i failed.

so here i am, ready to go back online and order another set-up, since my old stuff is packed in a box in the storage building somewhere. i do have some of the juices handy. i had a couple of very frustrating buying experiences that weren't getting resolved and leaky star containers when i went back to smoking. i want to quit before new year's cuz i hate the cheezy new year resolutions.

anyways....i'm back and hoping to get off of these things for good.

---roni

2. dandelionwings

Dec 29, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    eeek looks like i need to get rid of that banner sig :(

3. RoseB

RoseB Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    Glad to see you're going to give it another go. Best of luck to you :)

4. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Don't beat yourself up. Try again. It took me five months of smoking and vaping before I gave up the cigarettes entirely.

5. Kopfstimmen

Kopfstimmen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2012
    Try try again! You can do it. Welcome back!

6. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    Welcome back, the good news alot of stuff has progressed since last year, so enjoy the hunt that new setup!

7. eHuman

eHuman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    San Diego
    I went back to analogs 2 1/2 months ago after 2 years of not smoking. I was satisfied with vaping but was out of work, I was nursing my last ill performing atty when my PV went out due to a leak into the electronics that ate the board and everything else up. After a few days I bought a pack an was smoking since. I got some recent work and just got a Zmax2 in the mail yesterday, haven't had or wanted an analog since.
    This time I am not vaping like a fiend (so far) and will make an effort to cut back on the nic level.

8. tater_salad

tater_salad Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    New york
    stinks that you went back but glad that you're back..
    Get back on the horse and start all over again.. it's a marathon not a race.. insert more inspirational talk here.. :p

9. dandelionwings

Dec 29, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    thanks everyone--i went ahead and found a t-rex style kit and ordered it---hard to believe so many places that i was familiar with had it 'out of stock'---so now, let the adventure begin.

10. tmhawk

tmhawk Full Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Southaven
    Good luck, dandelion, and Happy New Year!

11. SissySpike

SissySpike Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    Glad your back and you haven't failed yet your still quitting. You just take a little longer than some but as long as you try you have a chance for success! My suggestion buy thousands of dollars worth of Vaping gear then its harder to start smoking when you have so much invested;-)

12. Beccca

Beccca Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2012
    PA
    Good luck and keep with it....cigarettes are like the devil....so seductive....but there's an answer now so you can do it. Never heard of the PV you ordered. Will have to look that one up.

13. Thucydides

Thucydides Force of Nature Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2012
    Washington, DC
    You're building a house, not baking a cake. Stick with it, and don't get discouraged if you don't always do everything exactly the way that you think you ought to.

14. millertime660

millertime660 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2008
    Central Mass
    good to see you are back. This has happened to me a few times due to frustration/lack of backup gear. But everytime i pick vaping back up it gets easier and easier to stop with the analogs. Im using a simple Vision spinner with a Ce3 bottom coil carto (or clearo). It is heavenly. I also use the Ego mega dual coil cartos which are also phenomenal. Its the first time ive had more of a pleasant experience as opposed to fristrating :)

15. Liquid9

Liquid9 Mystic Vaper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Panama City, FL
    Great to see you back! Just keep trying, you will get there and hopefully stay there!

16. MF DOOM

MF DOOM Moved On

Dec 30, 2012
    Somerset, MA
    Cigarettes are stupid, vaping is intelligent.
    That is all.

17. Gloria

Gloria Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    midwest
    Good for you for giving vaping another go!

Sounds like you've beaten yourself up pretty good. Forgive yourself and move forward.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :)

Wishing you success in 2013!!

18. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    near buffalo, NY
    honestly, despite the difficulty many have, the best method(in my opinion) is to simply smoke your last pack and vape til your eyes pop out of your sockets. You will vape alot for the first week or so but after that it will settle down a little bit. Just tell yourself NO.

thats how i did it after more than 15 years of cancer sticks. I never looked back.

just gotta have your e cig handy for every time you get a craving for a cigarette, pick up the e cig. its not a matter of willpower but mental conditioning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.