Going Out Of Business Super-T Storewide Sale! Save up to 50%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam_Bern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
In my own little world
Can anyone recommend an rda that fits flush on the simplicity 14500? I have a kayfun mini which is almost flush but it is very very long all together.

If you like gennies, the AGA-T is 16mm and made from titanium and Doc Dave makes several 16mm Gennies; the Mini Micro can be found for $25 now. Also the Taifun GS is in that size range.

Last edited:

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
If you like gennies, the AGA-T is 16mm and made from titanium and Doc Dave makes several 16mm Gennies; the Mini Micro can be found for $25 now. Also the Taifun GS is in that size range.

Thanks for the suggestion. The doc dave looks like it might work well. Im only seeing it for $90, however. Do you have a link of a good place to get it?

I've never tried a genesis atty. I remember reading something about having to tilt them? How do they compare to something like a kayfun? I own an orchid which I understand performs similarly to the Kayfun. For me, the orchid performs almost perfectly in terms of vapor production, throat hit and flavor.

Steam_Bern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
In my own little world
Thanks for the suggestion. The doc dave looks like it might work well. Im only seeing it for $90, however. Do you have a link of a good place to get it?

I've never tried a genesis atty. I remember reading something about having to tilt them? How do they compare to something like a kayfun? I own an orchid which I understand performs similarly to the Kayfun. For me, the orchid performs almost perfectly in terms of vapor production, throat hit and flavor.

PM sent.

A well build genny will wick vertically with mesh. Like anything else, they just take practice. They do take more practice than other atties, but the vape is well worth it and so is the satisfaction of making them work well.

Edit: I generally use RTAs as well; gennies perform on par when they are working correctly, but there is just something magical about them that I can't quite put my finger on. They have there own unique vape; I'm sure I could tell I was hitting a well built gennie if i was blindfolded.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Can anyone recommend an RDA that fits flush on the simplicity 14500? I have a kayfun mini which is almost flush but it is very very long all together.

Not perfect, but about as close as you are gonna get: Try any of those stainless SmokTech single coil drippers that MadVapes has in stock. The smallest is 14 mm diameter I think, the largest is 14.3 mm. (MadVapes list the dimensions of all their RDA's at the site.) There are three of them, and they are all variations on the same SmokTech theme so no big surprises inside - same two posts etc. But they are all really inexpensive and you have different styles to pick from to suit your likes. One of them even has a 3 hole rotating AFC ring.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
So I'm thinking about adding a telescopic WH to my herd. Even though I already have a small WH and never extend my ELA, I'm thinking why not?. Back ups for back up.

On the website it gives 2 options for locking ring. One is for knurled the other is a slant. I'm unfamiliar with the slant and I don't see any pictures of it. Might someone have an idea about what these look like? I prefer smooth. (Guess I could get buy the smooth but am curious).

Thank you!

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Here is a picture of a slant:

dgIVOTc.jpg

When V2 first came out this is the way it was. David made it just for a different look. I like it. Others didn't.

I think it looks cool and is also easy on the fingers. :)

Steam_Bern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
In my own little world
Here is a picture of a slant:

When V2 first came out this is the way it was. David made it just for a different look. I like it. Others didn't.

I think it looks cool and is also easy on the fingers. :)

I myself like the slant. I ended up getting one with a V2 compression band to put on my V1. Since the V2 originally came with the slant, I think I'm going to move it to my V2 so it's as David first envisioned.

Man, I am so close do doing something stupid financially and buying a titanium ELA but it's almost dumb not to at the price they are now. The ELA is my favorite mechanical; I like mine more than my Juggernaut Hybrid, and that's saying a lot. Also, I love me some titanium for it's strength, lightness and just the way it feels in hand. Plus I could send it out to a knife modder and get it anodized some awesome color(s). The Ti, along with something like an Atman 2, would be so lightweight and bad to the bone. Car insurance is overrated!!!

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Man, I am so close do doing something stupid financially and buying a titanium ELA but it's almost dumb not to at the price they are now. The ELA is my favorite mechanical !
ELA Ti @ $349.99 ... Wow, If you ever wanted one the time is now......

Last edited:

Vcoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Gotham
Does anybody else wonder what David looks like above the upper lip?
LOL.... If you google his name you will find an old high school photo ;).

Wow, it's been months since I've been on here and I'm really shocked/ sad about seeing this like I'm sure everyone else is. David, where can you be contacted in the future for fabrication? I appreciate your work and standards.

I didn't read all of the posts but I did see Imeo comment and that's really cool that he paid respect to a fellow modder, which is quickly becoming a lost practice. David is correct, China clones are destroying this business. What will this industry do when everyone drops out of the game and there is nothing new to clone anymore? How can David compete? Buyers aren't loyal anymore in this business. The ELA was my first "serious" mod and I joined this forum because I was ...... that his website didn't have any info on why I didn't get the mod when promised lol. I used to only troll the forums prior to then when I stumbled upon this industry and began with a provari. I did a Google search and saw GG caravelas and They were impossible to get. I was lucky enough to stumble on Super T and join the ELA original waiting list and since then have owned everything from Caravela to box mods but I will always credit super T for having the highest quality of any mod bar none. I truly pity this day, I am genuinely saddened.

To all of the buyers in here that buy clones off eBay and other sites shame on you. Not only did that practice hurt the modders who's gear you enjoy buying, it hurt yourself with poor resale value. Buyers never care about supporting the businesses that NEED to charge more because it costs them more because they are too ignorant to understandhow things work in the world. David I wish you the very best, maybe we can collaborate on a project in the future.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
LOL.... If you google his name you will find an old high school photo ;).

Wow, it's been months since I've been on here and I'm really shocked/ sad about seeing this like I'm sure everyone else is. David, where can you be contacted in the future for fabrication? I appreciate your work and standards.

I didn't read all of the posts but I did see Imeo comment and that's really cool that he paid respect to a fellow modder, which is quickly becoming a lost practice. David is correct, China clones are destroying this business. What will this industry do when everyone drops out of the game and there is nothing new to clone anymore? How can David compete? Buyers aren't loyal anymore in this business. The ELA was my first "serious" mod and I joined this forum because I was ...... that his website didn't have any info on why I didn't get the mod when promised lol. I used to only troll the forums prior to then when I stumbled upon this industry and began with a provari. I did a Google search and saw GG caravelas and They were impossible to get. I was lucky enough to stumble on Super T and join the ELA original waiting list and since then have owned everything from Caravela to box mods but I will always credit super T for having the highest quality of any mod bar none. I truly pity this day, I am genuinely saddened.

To all of the buyers in here that buy clones off eBay and other sites shame on you. Not only did that practice hurt the modders who's gear you enjoy buying, it hurt yourself with poor resale value. Buyers never care about supporting the businesses that NEED to charge more because it costs them more because they are too ignorant to understandhow things work in the world. David I wish you the very best, maybe we can collaborate on a project in the future.

What he said.
I'm sure there are a lot of factors which led Super-T to withdraw, with the clone market being just one. But you can see it all over. For so many vapers who used to enjoy buying something new, checking it out, and then selling it for even money or trading it for comparable value the reality is those days are over. That really takes the fun out of watching, helping things develop. If you put something in the classifieds now at anywhere near what you paid for it it'll sit there for ages; people know that within a blink of an eye they'll be able to get a counterfeit for pennies on the dollar. So, those who actually *do* want to help drive the independent makers to produce cool stuff fairly have to draw the line economically and thus begins the downward spiral. I've spent a lot of money, but in my case most of what I bought I bought because I like them and they were sucked into the black hole of my collection never to be seen again. But boy if I were thinking I could sell them I'd be in a world of hurt. There is only one more modder, Imeo, with whom I have any interest anymore, and that for a couple specific things. After that I could well be done.

Some Western modders may have a large and loyal enough fan base to continue on. In the years to come though, many vapers will never get to experience what we've experienced and better be satisfied with whatever original things China pumps out.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Well...I just ordered a WH. Might not have my P+ anymore but I just had to have some part of this company that is such a big part of vaping history...maybe I'll trade it to my son and get my P+ back.

That trade might be a tough decision.

When I googled David I couldn't determine which of the thousands of images might be him. If I googled myself I found none, but it appears some distant relative of mine is Germany's Pamela Anderson.

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
One thing that really frustrates me with the clone market is what the B&M's are doing, at least in my area. Im sure there are a lot of reasons when running retail store to want to buy cheap to make a profit and many modders don't have the production to sell at wholesale price. But my local B&M's sell clones exclusively with no indication that you're buying a clone. The first RDA I bought was a TOBH that I paid $30 for. I had no idea it was a clone or that clones even existed, I just wanted to try a rebuildable. Most new vapers that go to a store have no idea that the whole selection they are shopping consist of knock-offs that are plagiarizing everything down to the logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread