Going shopping for a new tank tomorrow. What should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I love my pro 2/MVP setup, browsing the pic threads has made me want to get something with a little more pizzazz. So in the morning I'm going to the local vape shop. The two tanks I'm looking at are the Russian or the nautilus with hollowed sleeve. The store has both in stock so I'm trying to make up my mind which one to get. I know the Russian is more pricey but that doesn't really matter. So given the choice which would you choose? Also which mod would you put it on? Thanks!

Despraci

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2014
Palmyra, PA
If you know how to build or want to get into building, the. Go with thenRussian. But make sure you pick up an ohm meter, some wire I and wick while your there. If not, stick with the Nautilus.

And I like building coils, but for a beginner, I recommend learning to build one something safe, like a variable voltage / wattage mod that give you short protection. Jump jump into something that is above over your head till you feel comfortable in what you are doing and doing it safely.

JohnnyBGoode

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Gelder,NL
For me the choice would be easy but first...
The nautilus you buy ready made coils for and the Russian is a rebuildable.
Do you want a RBA at all? If you see yourself building coils, go for the Russian.
If you not into that at all, take the Nautilus as you can buy the coils if you wish.
(Prob also can rebuild the coils of the Nautilus but not sure on that)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Never owned a Nautilus, but I've vaped a friends. Seemed nice enough. Easier to fill and to change coil heads. Not really a fan of clearomizers.

I have a Kayfun Lite Plus, so its almost the same as a Russian 91%. It will have a higher learning curve than the Nautilus initially, but once you get the hang of it you'll prefer it for great flavor production. Over the long haul you'll save money with the Russian. Wire & cotton are dirt cheap when compared to replacing the coils in a clearo every 1 - 2 weeks. It's also better looking than a Nautilus, which I think is rather funky looking. I like the looks of the Kanger Aerotank much more (and which also has air control like the Nautilus). Of course you'll need to learn how to build coils and wick and all that jazz with a Russian; there's much more to rebuilding than that, though. Do your research.

Last edited:

anonymity

Jun 29, 2014
Minnesota
I have no experience with rebuilding but I just picked up a Nautilus using the new vertical coils and I am very happy with it thus far (4 days). It gives above average flavor, air flow control, and ~ 5ml capacity. IMO, it out shines my XI's and any of the pro tanks I have ever used.
If you do get the Nautilus make sure you buy extra V2 coils as mine was shipped with the older coils.

I want to thank everyone for their kind input. I die end up getting the Russian in black. I also picked up a Cana DNA 30 for it. If its OK I would also state that Mount Baker Vapor in Washington is a great store. They have great customer service. One of the guys there sat down with me and helped me build my first coil and gave me a lot of good information. Very helpful and kind people.
785d2b280995c3a8bee78402da313648.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread