Where cigarettes go to die - What should I go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkblue

Jul 28, 2014
Canada
Hey, you may remember me from such films as MCBANE 1 AND MCBANE 2.

Anyhow, I made a topic earlier, and I have to say this community is awesome...friendly people, a lot of replies and quickly. Kudos folks.

The website that I will be ordering from is CANVAPE.COM, just to put that out there, as I'm in Canada, I'm only interested in Canadian sellers to avoid the super long shipping wait and possible duties.

I have a preference to using 100% VG liquids as PG seems to make me feel wonky.

The reason for this post is that I received many replies in the last thread with recommendations of batteries and clearomizers but I'm still uncertain which is right for me and I have a couple of other questions.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SO THIS IS A COMBINATION OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS I RECEIVED:

clearomizer: Protank 1,2 or 3, Aerotank Mini, Kanger T3S

100% VG can clog your coil. You can thin it with a little distilled water,
or ready-made liquids may well come already thinned.
Or just accept that you are going to have to replace your coil more often.

I would recommend the MVP 2.0 with one of the pyrex glass bottom coil tanks.

Protank 1/2/3 and the mini versions, Aerotank, Nautilus, etc.

I always suggest the MVP 2.0

Smoktech has good batteries, I use their ARO 2000mAh vv/vw , Vision has good batteries Kanger has good batteries.

Vision 1600 spinner

Anyone else have a lot of experience with 100% VG liquids or even 50/50's? I wanna know what rig would be best...

Also with wicks/coils that I'll have to replace more frequently, can you buy these seperately, I feel a bit lost with this techie stuff at this point I'm sure once I begin to handle it in person it's quite simple.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
The MVPv2 is a nice device. The battery life is very good and it is not as big as it looks in pics. Has vv/vw and can also charge another device if you get in pinch like a cell phone. As far as the tank. I mostly use rebuildables. Kayfun and Russian 91% but I also have both the Nautilas and the Aero Mega Tank. They will handle your 50/50 juice with no problems and I think your 100% Vg as well. As far as having to change the coils more often I find that dark juices or ones that have a sugar taste seem to gunk up coils faster than clearer juices. You can take your coils and run them under hot water, give them a dry burn and let them dry and they should go a little longer. Hope that helps!

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
If I was starting out again I would tell myself to buy two Spinner II (1600 Mah) batteries and two decent tanks to pair them with. I suggest picking a brand and sticking with it at first so you can share replacement coils between them. For example a Kanger AeroTank and a Kanger ProTank 3 Mini. These share the same replacement heads which means you can alternate between two different tanks that share a pool of replacement heads. The reason for two batteries is the ability to charge one while using the other, and for redundancy. You can always charge the MVP while you're using it, but if you have problems with it you don't have something else to fall back to. Since for me this is a stop smoking aid it's important to make sure I don't get into a position where I can't vape and use that as an excuse to go buy a pack of smokes.

I've been using a Spinner II for a couple days now (had a Spinner I before that) and it works very well. An MVP is also an awesome device - arguably much much better, but also costs as much as two Spinner II's. When paired with high quality tanks you will likely have a very enjoyable experience with either of these

Lastly for juice - I have recently started trying sample packs from a few online vendors. Dripeez and Virgin Vapor are two I ordered samplers from. I spent about $20 at each and have three bottles from each coming so I'll get to try a bunch of new flavors to see what I like from each of them. If you have a local vape shop I would pay them a visit as well to get some juice to start off. Most shops will have samples for you to taste so you can see which ones you like. A 50/50 or even heavier on the PG is generally a great place to start. Pure VG's can be very thick and not work well in all tanks.

Hope this helps - good luck and vape on.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Welcome to ECF!

"Hey, you may remember me from such films as WOLFBANE 1 AND WOLFBANE 2."

What is this part of your post in reference to??? Or is that your Introduction?

Sorry, just seems like a really odd way to start a thread...

Well, I'll just say Hi to you Mr. Wolfbane. Welcome to the forum.

I automatically assumed it was a Simpsons/Troy McClure reference:

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
I regret not simply investing in an initial versatile setup like the following:

$26.95 - Aspire Nautilus
$27.95 - Aspire Nautilus Mini
$15.95 - Aspire Nautilus Bottom Vertical Coil Replacement Heads
$49.95 - Innokin MPV 2.0
$24.99 - eGo-C Twister VV Battery 2600mAh
------------
$145.75

Maybe you could shop around and get off cheaper, but that's the prices from CanVape. This is a solid setup that should last you a long time and keep you reasonably satisfied while you research all your options to suit your specific style. The total number of coils that come with the above package should last you at least 3 months and probably longer if you don't abuse them too much. I'm going on about 12 milliliters of various sweet 50/50 blend e-liquids use on one of these Bottom Vertical Coils and so far it's still performing like it was new and tastes better than the Bottom Dual Coils I've tried. There are quite a few reviews out you can check into. Also, starting out with a premium 50/50 PG/VG blend is a pretty safe bet for a starting point unless you have a sensitivity to PG like some people say they do. E-Juice preferences are very subjective things, but there are some vendors that objectively use higher quality components than others.

There are lots of things to consider. For instance, a shorter coil life and inferior taste of one coil may offset the cost of another and it could be a while, if ever, or not, before you want to jump into rebuilding. There are reviews out there that make direct comparisons between products. Always do your homework and always assume user confirmation bias seeps into people's opinions.

Last edited:

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA

Darkblue

Jul 28, 2014
Canada
Last edited:

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
such an awkward looking device though for while in public

looks like a breathalizer test ahaha

For a more stealthy public solution that is cheap enough to lose or break without invoking too much consternation yet small enough to stick in your shirt pocket, simple, effective, reliable and fine-looking, I would recommend a vision spinner with an Aspire ET-S

pack-duo-spinner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread