Golly Gee Willikers Batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuasculptor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last night I was about to test some diy juice but didn't have any dry atties. So I pulled the stuffing out of some LR cartos and put one on my VMax and left it set at 3V. I dry burned it about 2 or three times to make sure I didn't mess up the coil and to be sure I got rid of the horrible taste as well(primer on coil). I had a fresh batch of French Vanilla, no nic just a taste test. I placed 2 or 3 drops on the side wall and then I put about 2 or 3 drops on the top of the fiber tube so it would run down the wire straight to the coil. Puff! Puff! Kind of tasted funny almost like a hot spot but different. So I pulled the mouth piece out and it looked like it was getting to hot. I decided it was just the fact it was an LR and it was reflecting of the tube wall. So I put the mouth piece back on but I only put it in as far as the O-ring because the tube kept slicing and tearing my O-ring. Puff Puff Bang! holly, sh wt:blink::ohmy::unsure:...
I heard a load bang at the same time my checks inflated with vapor. I thought I had swallowed the mouth piece because the last I remember was it pushing against my lips. Frantically looking around for the drip tip, I slowly realizing I still have teeth and there was no blood anywhere, Thank you baby Jesus. I finally found the drip tip about 3ft away on the floor. So,I had calmed down I decided to take it apart. I also realized my VMax was acting funny, as they all do if anything happens. (F1 rebooted) I did a voltage reading on the same settings everything was ok there. I grabbed the carto mod and removed the tube. It didn't damage the tube other than a scratch from throwing it down I'm guessing could have been that it melted the black skin on the exterior not really sure there. Defiantly no sides blown out or anything crazy. Below is a link to the pics I took of the atty I don't show the tube because I messed it up getting it off and didn't want that to be confused with actually issue. I think it was the couple of drops I put down the tube but not sure maybe they formed a bubble on the coil and built up a lot of pressure?! I really don't know that is one of the reasons why I'm posting this thread. SO, has this happened to anyone else? Any Ideas on the cause?

Flickr link:
[h=2]the.real.joshua's photostream[/h]

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
I am not sure why that happened. back in 2011 I was still using stick batts. I had heard about dripping, and atomizers... so I decided I would do the very same thing you did. my drip tip didnt blow off, but It tasted awful and the vapor was thin and unsatisfying. Sorry I have no suggestions, except this... come on over to the alabama vapes subforum and say hello!Alabama Vapes :)

Nefariousfiend

Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
mobile' al
I'm down here in Alabama as-well. Sorry I don't have anything to add to help you with that issue. That would have freaked me out as-well. I had a similar issue with a carto I was vaping and I heard a loud pop and some almost smoke looking air came out when I took my mouth off. I just tossed the cart and after that switched to tanks and rbas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread