Good afternoon all! Progress report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadpoles

Sep 25, 2021
Hi everyone! Just thought I’d pop by with an update on my progress. First,Thanks to all those that gave me very sound advice because it’s done more for me over the last week than I expected. I found that not going cold turkey completely has helped immensely and vaping a different way to smoking properly has really helped too! I have since found that I roll half of what I used to take to work ( around 10) and come home with at least 4 left.I went in to a local vape shop and explained my problem. The owner picked up a 10ml bottle and said try this, get back to me if it doesn’t suit. That was a turning point for me as I went back in last Friday and bought a 50 ml box of small bottles 10 mg plus 50ml nic free both the same flavour. Can’t tell the difference!
The only give away is I have 2 tanks, the smaller is 0 nic the larger has 10 mg. Need a blindfold to distinguish between them! Thanks again all!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hi everyone! Just thought I’d pop by with an update on my progress. First,Thanks to all those that gave me very sound advice because it’s done more for me over the last week than I expected. I found that not going cold turkey completely has helped immensely and vaping a different way to smoking properly has really helped too! I have since found that I roll half of what I used to take to work ( around 10) and come home with at least 4 left.I went in to a local vape shop and explained my problem. The owner picked up a 10ml bottle and said try this, get back to me if it doesn’t suit. That was a turning point for me as I went back in last Friday and bought a 50 ml box of small bottles 10 mg plus 50ml nic free both the same flavour. Can’t tell the difference!
The only give away is I have 2 tanks, the smaller is 0 nic the larger has 10 mg. Need a blindfold to distinguish between them! Thanks again all!
I think you are doing good. :thumbs: It took my wife around six months of dual use before she was ready to go 100% with vaping.

There are quite a few people here that dual used for however long it took them to completely transition to vaping.

Keep at it. And whatever you do, don't get down on yourself when you have a smoke. You will get there. :)

Tadpoles

Sep 25, 2021
I think you are doing good. :thumbs: It took my wife around six months of dual use before she was ready to go 100% with vaping.

There are quite a few people here that dual used for however long it took them to completely transition to vaping.

Keep at it. And whatever you do, don't get down on yourself when you have a smoke. You will get there. :)

Reactions: Milou

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I found that not going cold turkey completely has helped immensely and vaping a different way to smoking properly has really helped too! I have since found that I roll half of what I used to take to work ( around 10) and come home with at least 4 left. ...

Right On Tadpoles.

When it comes to Quitting Smoking, I measured Success as How Many Less I Smoked. And Not Failure as how many I did. I was one who Needed to Ramp down over time. Until I got to Two a Day. Then I could do that Final Push to the Summit.

Just keep Doing what your Doing. And Make Sure you have Backups for your Backups.

:)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I agree, as will hundreds of other ECFers...backups are a must if you are looking to quit smoking using vaping. I learned this early-on when I started vaping regularly. Stuff fails or something goes wrong that you can't fix right away and then your mind tells you to just get more cigs. Nip that problem in the bud and try to carry spare hardware with you.

I'm at the point now where I don't ever crave real tobacco and will never go back, so I can go without a backup when I'm away from home for a few hours. I won't like it, but I don't have to worry about buying cigarettes because I simply have no interest in them anymore.

Last edited:

Tadpoles

Sep 25, 2021
    Right On Tadpoles.

When it comes to Quitting Smoking, I measured Success as How Many Less I Smoked. And Not Failure as how many I did. I was one who Needed to Ramp down over time. Until I got to Two a Day. Then I could do that Final Push to the Summit.

Just keep Doing what your Doing. And Make Sure you have Backups for your Backups.

:)
    Thanks! Things are going good so far. I’ve got the back ups sorted. Can’t believe I’ve done so much in less than 2 weeks though. Basically I found the right thing re. Juice and all the advice on here I needed. Not out of the woods yet but so far so good.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thanks! Things are going good so far. I’ve got the back ups sorted. Can’t believe I’ve done so much in less than 2 weeks though. Basically I found the right thing re. Juice and all the advice on here I needed. Not out of the woods yet but so far so good.

It might be a good idea to start looking for a couple other juices that you can enjoy.

Reasons:

1) There may come a time when you go buy more of your favorite juice and it's out of stock
    2) Your favorite juice is discontinued.
    3) You get sick of the juice you call "favorite". This happens. I only vape 2 simple flavors and have done so for years now. Before that, the juices/flavors I started with, I will never touch them again. I used to love them, but I hate them now. Namely raspberry, all tobaccos (except RY4) & cinnamon. The novelty of vaping can make you like flavors today, but as you get further into vaping you may grow to hate them or not like them so much anymore as the novelty wears off.

Finding juices you love can be expensive at first, of course, but it's a good idea to have more than one juice you like.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Good Deal.

With the Right Motivation, and a little Guidance, it is Amazing what can be done in the course of 2 Weeks.

:thumb:

Hey you Don't have a Location in your Profile. But if you live in the USA, the next step is think (very Quickly) about DIY.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Just for perspective, I've been vaping 4 yrs now and the other day, on a demented whim, I bought a pack of marlboros. They taste horrible, nothing at all like I remember and I don't think I'll even finish the pack. My advice to you is you will eventually come to despise the smell and taste of a cigarette. Hang in there.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hi everyone!
    Looks like I welcomed you before. Note that you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
    re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
    In the future, you might want to re post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest re posting in General Vaping Discussion and Chat:
    General Vaping Discussion
    Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forums.

Miles Himan

Moved On
    Sep 25, 2021
    My advice to you is you will eventually come to despise the smell and taste of a cigarette. Hang in there.
    :thumb: I'm around someone who smokes (outdoors) just walking by the ashtray I can smell it... that and the sight of cig butts is revolting. I just think "how did I put up with such a nasty habit?" Don't miss it but for months I still dreamed about smoking (that has finally gone away too) I did break down one day (very stressed) and rolled some of his butts... it was stale and nasty. Smoked half and gagged... put it out. I guess I needed that reminder of just how bad they are.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2016
    Denmark
    www.jkh-art.dk
    Keep going! I tried quitting many times with vaping before it happened. I thought in the end “well maybe ill be dual using for the rest of my life”. But the 5th or 6th try was successful and I have not smoked for 2 years and 5 months. Well to be honest I bought a pack of cigarettes a few times during that time, but didnt enjoy them, and now my brain thinks vaping is better, so I can actually sit beside someone who is smoking and not crave it.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Keep going! I tried quitting many times with vaping before it happened. I thought in the end “well maybe ill be dual using for the rest of my life”. But the 5th or 6th try was successful and I have not smoked for 2 years and 5 months. Well to be honest I bought a pack of cigarettes a few times during that time, but didnt enjoy them, and now my brain thinks vaping is better, so I can actually sit beside someone who is smoking and not crave it.
    I will still have a smoke from time to time but I still consider myself a non-smoker. I would say the average over the past 5 years is about 3-4 packs a year. I will finish a pack and not get another one for months sometimes and like you said I don’t really care for them. I get these 72’s which are shorter than a normal cig length. Saves a little cause they are cheaper than normal or the 100’s and when I had the normal length cig I’d throw out like half cause I’d be sick of them by then. I finish about three quarters of these shorty 72’s. Don’t know why I just like to dislike a cigarette every now and then.

Reactions: NoobJens007

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2016
    Denmark
    www.jkh-art.dk
    I will still have a smoke from time to time but I still consider myself a non-smoker. I would say the average over the past 5 years is about 3-4 packs a year. I will finish a pack and not get another one for months sometimes and like you said I don’t really care for them. I get these 72’s which are shorter than a normal cig length. Saves a little cause they are cheaper than normal or the 100’s and when I had the normal length cig I’d throw out like half cause I’d be sick of them by then. I finish about three quarters of these shorty 72’s. Don’t know why I just like to dislike a cigarette every now and then.

Haha I like to dislike them too. But Id like even better to be able to say one day I havent tasted a cigarette in 10 years or something. That would be a good milestone.

Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Haha I like to dislike them too. But Id like even better to be able to say one day I havent tasted a cigarette in 10 years or something. That would be a good milestone.
    Agreed, that’s a noble goal and one you will reach if you really put your mind to it.

Milou

Oct 9, 2021
    Hello - I'm new here and after reading a bit seems like a very decent and informative place for vapers.
    Smoker for over 40yrs - desperate to quit, tried many methods, many times. Nothing worked. Then decided I'd give vaping a try and now I'm 3.5 yrs cigarettes/smoke free . I live with a smoker but I really was hoping that vaping was going to work for me and it did. For that I am grateful.
    Was able to take up vaping and stopped the smokes - same day as I had a cold, bad cold.

Recently, tried a smoke just to see... three inhales and I threw it out ( it was just gross!) had no interest in smoking any more, but glad I'm at that point where I didn't like, crave or desire them constantly any longer. Worth the effort for sure.
    Salt nic works for me and I've gone from buying 26mg, 30ml per week to using now using 10mg - approx. 15 ml per week. Learned about DYI - due to covid as my bricks and mortar store shut down.
    (pack & half a day cigarettes/light ) I don't use flavors but I've tried a few once in a while, it's ok, but I still prefer no flavor added. However my sister LOVED flavors but she weened off of salt nic too.

Was using SMOK, then Caliburn, then to Caliburn G, great products but one tiny speed bump about their cartridge - Pods. If your device is .08 ohm for example be sure to match that with the replacement pods as I didn't pay attention that they have 1. and .8 and I found that the 1.s gave out in a few days, meaning I'd get a burnt taste rather quickly. Ah these learning curves!

My source for e-salt-nic juice is a very reliable place in my province ( Ontario ). Great price, fast shipping, and they'll DYI for you. I spend more on devices and pods than I do on nic juice in a year now. And these devices are very affordable compared to costs of cigarettes.

I do feel so much better now, just healthier, happier and the addiction to the vape is less drawing on you than smokes were. I can leave my vape behind and be a couple of hours without it and not be frantic to have a nic hit from a cigarette, amazes me.

For those wondering - jump in and try it. It works and even my medical physician agrees - but not on record. PS my dental appointments are much easier too.
    Thanks for letting me vent about me vaping! :)

~Milou

Reactions: NoobJens007

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Hello - I'm new here and after reading a bit seems like a very decent and informative place for vapers.
    Smoker for over 40yrs - desperate to quit, tried many methods, many times. Nothing worked. Then decided I'd give vaping a try and now I'm 3.5 yrs cigarettes/smoke free . I live with a smoker but I really was hoping that vaping was going to work for me and it did. For that I am grateful.
    Was able to take up vaping and stopped the smokes - same day as I had a cold, bad cold.

Recently, tried a smoke just to see... three inhales and I threw it out ( it was just gross!) had no interest in smoking any more, but glad I'm at that point where I didn't like, crave or desire them constantly any longer. Worth the effort for sure.
    Salt nic works for me and I've gone from buying 26mg, 30ml per week to using now using 10mg - approx. 15 ml per week. Learned about DYI - due to covid as my bricks and mortar store shut down.
    (pack & half a day cigarettes/light ) I don't use flavors but I've tried a few once in a while, it's ok, but I still prefer no flavor added. However my sister LOVED flavors but she weened off of salt nic too.

Was using SMOK, then Caliburn, then to Caliburn G, great products but one tiny speed bump about their cartridge - Pods. If your device is .08 ohm for example be sure to match that with the replacement pods as I didn't pay attention that they have 1. and .8 and I found that the 1.s gave out in a few days, meaning I'd get a burnt taste rather quickly. Ah these learning curves!

My source for e-salt-nic juice is a very reliable place in my province ( Ontario ). Great price, fast shipping, and they'll DYI for you. I spend more on devices and pods than I do on nic juice in a year now. And these devices are very affordable compared to costs of cigarettes.

I do feel so much better now, just healthier, happier and the addiction to the vape is less drawing on you than smokes were. I can leave my vape behind and be a couple of hours without it and not be frantic to have a nic hit from a cigarette, amazes me.

For those wondering - jump in and try it. It works and even my medical physician agrees - but not on record. PS my dental appointments are much easier too.
    Thanks for letting me vent about me vaping! :)

~Milou
    Hi Milou and welcome to the ECF. Very nice story, thanks for sharing. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread