Good dripping atomizer for a beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decimate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
California
Been using tanks since I first started vaping, and seeing all of the youtube videos of people getting huge clouds and rebuilding makes me want to check one out. Also would be nice to have one to test new juices. What would be a good place to start? I'd like to get a good rebuildable but I'm scared I'll mess up with my coils and such. My budget is as cheap as possible for something worthwhile, so I'm thinking maybe an Igo clone off of fasttech or something.

Thanks!

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.../mini-direct-drip-atomizer-dda-2-product.html

i love these, the air flow hole is very small so you gotta drill it out to get it vaping right. its easy to drill takes about 2 seconds the pilot hole is already there for you. there are lots of videos on these things. some people love them (like my self) some people hate them. just be prepared to spend some time on the coils. i use .32 twisted kanthal on mine and 4 strands of 1 mm wick or 2 strands of 2 mm wick. i make a 3/4 wrap and it comes out to about 1.4 ohms. i use this setup on an Ego USB pass through. and with a decent air flow hole you can make some decent clouds. nothing like sub ohm. but more than plenty for an all day vape. i just put in about 8 drops and hit it until its dry. make sure its dry before you set it down otherwise it might leak out the air flow hole. if you have little kids around this might not be the best option because it might leak a bit if your not paying attention.

Decimate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
California
Why buy an IGO clone? The L and W are insanely cheap as is. The IGO may not be the "best" RDAs out there, but they are easy to work on and work well.

Didn't even know they were that cheap :)
good idea.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.../mini-direct-drip-atomizer-dda-2-product.html

i love these, the air flow hole is very small so you gotta drill it out to get it vaping right. its easy to drill takes about 2 seconds the pilot hole is already there for you. there are lots of videos on these things. some people love them (like my self) some people hate them. just be prepared to spend some time on the coils. i use .32 twisted kanthal on mine and 4 strands of 1 mm wick or 2 strands of 2 mm wick. i make a 3/4 wrap and it comes out to about 1.4 ohms. i use this setup on an Ego USB pass through. and with a decent air flow hole you can make some decent clouds. nothing like sub ohm. but more than plenty for an all day vape. i just put in about 8 drops and hit it until its dry. make sure its dry before you set it down otherwise it might leak out the air flow hole. if you have little kids around this might not be the best option because it might leak a bit if your not paying attention.

Unfortunately I've decided to stop buying from totally wicked since they sent me a dud product and won't answer my e-mails :/

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Igo-l clone from fasttech or the 'genuine' one from a US supplier is a great first RDA. There is a lot of room to work on the deck, it has a good fit and finish to it, and it has a little rim on the bottom edge of the deck which will catch any excess juice meaning you don't end up with leaks.

As for making coils, there are literally hundreds of 'how-to' on youtube. A good start would be maybe checking out some pbusardo vids and having a visit to the rebuildable section of this forum.

Just remember you need a way to check the resistance of any coils you build, and you need to make sure you educate yourself on battery safety as you can get yourself in some trouble if you exceed the design performance of your batteries. BUT - building coils is fun, straightforward and fairly easy.

So long as you have a way to check resistance, even if you mess up and get one shorted, you can check it before you fire and then usually fix it.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Didn't even know they were that cheap :)
good idea.

Unfortunately I've decided to stop buying from totally wicked since they sent me a dud product and won't answer my e-mails :/

thats weird i would call them i have never had a problem with the customer service. what was the Dud product?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
If... and this is if, you want to play with a new Youde dripper that you can use now as a single and later as a dual or even a quad coil... the new IGO W2 is out and available. The quality is very good and quite a deal at $20. ;)

Saying that, the recommended IGW L & W are a great place to start when learning RDAs... oh yeah, the Grand Vapor Trident and JPGE Nimbus clones - both under $20.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Hi Decimate! :D

I use the 510 Cisco Spec HH.357 to taste different juices. (perfect for your zamplebox)

It's easy to use! Just follow the easy instructions on the website or on YouTube. PBusardo has a video on it and so does GrimmGreen.

Of course you can look into RBA's and stuff to build also, but just for something easy, quick, that you don't have to build and can change the flavor by blowing it out - go with the HH.357. It's only $22 :) and will last you months and months.

you can find it at HH.357 Long Barrel Hybrid 510 Atomizer - Avid Vaper

I use and love mine ALL THE TIME. It's a top quality product. :)

I am in the process of getting an RDA as well and after my battery tube is purchased this after some youtube videos on various types will be my first "noob" work bench RDA to try out and gain experience. Its similar to the octopus from smok but better airflow/hole design and no gurgling.

$4.77 RDA Mini Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.0mL) - 2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread