Good FA Joy recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't, but from what I can tell "Joy" is really, really strong. I used a tiny bit in a couple of my recipies, and the taste is kinda... nutmeg-ish almost, or like cloves. Can't say I'm really a huge fan so far, maybe others will have ideas for you. I just don't like that particular flavor combination for a lot of reasons including eating too many nutmeg cookies on a H.S. trip (having no belief in their psychoactive tendencies) and I promise you, that would be the last drug I would ever take again, including hemlock, probably.

So, there's that.

Anna

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I don't, but from what I can tell "Joy" is really, really strong. I used a tiny bit in a couple of my recipies, and the taste is kinda... nutmeg-ish almost, or like cloves. Can't say I'm really a huge fan so far, maybe others will have ideas for you. I just don't like that particular flavor combination for a lot of reasons including eating too many nutmeg cookies on a H.S. trip (having no belief in their psychoactive tendencies) and I promise you, that would be the last drug I would ever take again, including hemlock, probably.

So, there's that.

Anna

This is a last ditch effort before I toss it. I’ll definitely be interested to see if anyone has made a juice that they actually like with this flavor!!! Good reviews on this seem pretty sparse!

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Hi Chels...There are a few in the "Recipes Forum" and some of them sound pretty good...Mostly Bakery Stuff...
Search Results | E-Cigarette Forum

Edit: Drat...Won't let me link to the "Results"...Search the "e-liquid Recipes" Forum and you'll find about a dozen recipes with FA Joy...Trig

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Here is one I have on my "To Try" list; though I haven't gotten to mix it up yet:
Biscuits and Jam by: Boogenshizzle
This is a classic by Wayne Walker; and i have enjoyed it in the past:
Bronuts: A Sugary, Sweet, Chocolate Glazed Doughnut Recipe
These 4 caught my eye just now, searching ELR, and have been added to my "Want to try" list:
upload_2017-11-18_3-31-1.png

You could check out All The Flavors public offerings (recipes at the bottom; sorted by "most mixed"):
(FA) Joy
https://alltheflavors.com/flavors/flavourart-joy?sort_order=mixed&original=true&name_like=#
I hope something looks worthy of trying!:D

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Here is one I have on my "To Try" list; though I haven't gotten to mix it up yet:
Biscuits and Jam by: Boogenshizzle
These 4 caught my eye just now, searching ELR, and have been added to my "Want to try" list:
View attachment 701045

You could check out All The Flavors public offerings (recipes at the bottom; sorted by "most mixed"):
(FA) Joy
https://alltheflavors.com/flavors/flavourart-joy?sort_order=mixed&original=true&name_like=#
I hope something looks worthy of trying!:D

Excellent! I was hoping that you’d chime in. Thanks!!!

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I use use it with a few bakeries always under 1%, it is useful for giving a bit of fried taste to donuts, some people get stale beer from it, If you do, I would think you have it to high. I only use it as a additive, think almost AP strong at a very low level it can tweak a recipe, too much and it will ruin it.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Is it true that it needs to be used at 1% or less. Or is it recipe-specific?
I have always used it at less than 1%, but as I was searching last night I noticed a fair amount of discussion of 2% being the "top end." However; HIC (HeadInClouds) says this in his flavor review:
upload_2017-11-18_17-28-27.png

I find it interesting that he suggests that this may be a hit-or-miss flavor for different folks.

I have always thought of FA Joy as an accent/enhancer instead of an outright flavor. But, after re-reading Hic's notes (I have never even thought of trying Joy as a stand-alone; and still not sure I am brave enough), I have to say I am curious to try the ELR Geography recipe... just to see what a higher percentage might contribute (uses at 2%):
upload_2017-11-18_17-39-55.png

I do find it interesting that, in reading all the comments, that various people find this being anything from a shake-and-vape, to requiring as much as a 6-week steep. Perhaps, this diversity, has some relationship to the love/hate responce HIC mentions.

The other thing that intrigues me about the recipe; is the trading of traditional roles, of the INW biscuit and the FA Joy. I would normally expect a more classic recipe of 2% biscuit to 0.75% Joy.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Here's another popular one by him :
LET'S MIX: FUNFETTI

This one is by another respected Reddit mixer which uses Joy at 2% !
http://..................../recipe/755559
ETA : hmmm , apparently we can't link to ELR, so here it is :

Grape Ice Cream Cone by wh1skeyk1ng,

INW Grapes 4%
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 3.5%
FW Bavarian Cream 2%
TFA Graham Cracker Clear 2.5%
FA Joy 2%
FA Liquid Amber 1%
TFA Koolada 0.75%

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
<he says in a stage wisper>"Pssst; your link is broken.":lol: (ECF does not permit direct links to a couple of sites)
You might want to post the recipe name and author so folks can google it.:D (or screenshot it w/o site url/logo)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I have always used it at less than 1%, but as I was searching last night I noticed a fair amount of discussion of 2% being the "top end." However; HIC (HeadInClouds) says this in his flavor review:
View attachment 701185
I find it interesting that he suggests that this may be a hit-or-miss flavor for different folks.

I have always thought of FA Joy as an accent/enhancer instead of an outright flavor. But, after re-reading Hic's notes (I have never even thought of trying Joy as a stand-alone; and still not sure I am brave enough), I have to say I am curious to try the ELR Geography recipe... just to see what a higher percentage might contribute (uses at 2%):
View attachment 701201

I do find it interesting that, in reading all the comments, that various people find this being anything from a shake-and-vape, to requiring as much as a 6-week steep. Perhaps, this diversity, has some relationship to the love/hate responce HIC mentions.

The other thing that intrigues me about the recipe; is the trading of traditional roles, of the INW biscuit and the FA Joy. I would normally expect a more classic recipe of 2% biscuit to 0.75% Joy.

Thanks Joel for another helpful and informative response!
Yes, it’s very interesting how people either love it or hate it. I also have INW biscuit in my stash, never used!

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
<he says in a stage wisper>"Pssst; your link is broken.":lol: (ECF does not permit direct links to a couple of sites)
You might want to post the recipe name and author so folks can google it.:D (or screenshot it w/o site url/logo)
Done !

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Here's another popular one by him :
LET'S MIX: FUNFETTI

ETA : hmmm , apparently we can't link to ELR, so here it is :

Grape Ice Cream Cone by wh1skeyk1ng,

INW Grapes 4%
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 3.5%
FW Bavarian Cream 2%
TFA Graham Cracker Clear 2.5%
FA Joy 2%
FA Liquid Amber 1%
TFA Koolada 0.75%

I have all of those but the liquid amber!!! Sounds like a very interesting recipe!!!

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I have all of those but the liquid amber!!! Sounds like a very interesting recipe!!!
Here's his notes, Explains the use of Liquid Amber ( maybe you can use without ) :

Some low-effort notes

VBIC/Bav Cream Play together to make a thick sweet creamy base

Grapes/Liquid Amber Grape is the obvious top note in the recipe with purple and green grape nuances, and the Liquid Amber gives it a lightly fermented accent. Together they provide the true dankness of the mix.

Graham Cracker/Joy Provides a doughy and slight cinnamon tasting cone effect, but more like a soggy cone that you left your ice cream in for too long but in a good way.

Koolada As always, this is a preference thing, but to me, 0.75% adds a nice chilled effect without being too much. Adjust to your liking.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Here's his notes, Explains the use of Liquid Amber :

Some low-effort notes

VBIC/Bav Cream Play together to make a thick sweet creamy base

Grapes/Liquid Amber Grape is the obvious top note in the recipe with purple and green grape nuances, and the Liquid Amber gives it a lightly fermented accent. Together they provide the true dankness of the mix.

Graham Cracker/Joy Provides a doughy and slight cinnamon tasting cone effect, but more like a soggy cone that you left your ice cream in for too long but in a good way.

Koolada As always, this is a preference thing, but to me, 0.75% adds a nice chilled effect without being too much. Adjust to your liking.

I love Koolada! It’s not failed me once! It’s the perfect cooling effect! Although I was a menthol smoker and enjoy vaping minty flavors/menthol.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks Joel for another helpful and informative response!
Yes, it’s very interesting how people either love it or hate it. I also have INW biscuit in my stash, never used!
Always happy to help!!

You haven't used INW Biscuit yet?! Shame on you!!:D:lol::lol::lol::D

I love the stuff! I have had to ration myself so I don't burn out on it. If you like a good shortbread cookie (think "Lorna Doone"); its "da bomb."

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Always happy to help!!

You haven't used INW Biscuit yet?! Shame on you!!:D:lol::lol::lol::D

I love the stuff! I have had to ration myself so I don't burn out on it. If you like a good shortbread cookie (think "Lorna Doone"); its "da bomb."

I went into a holding pattern for mixing new recipes for quite a while. I just made my 2 favorite juices. But now I’ve got the itch to try new recipes! [emoji4] May as well at least try recipes with all my flavors!

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I love Koolada! It’s not failed me once! It’s the perfect cooling effect! Although I was a menthol smoker and enjoy vaping minty flavors/menthol.
I don't have koolada but i've used Polar Blast with mixed results. I like it in some recipes and not in others, and i haven't figured out any pattern ! In a couple of recipes that i thought would call for it, it didn't work for me, and in one i used by mistake, and it really enhanced the recipe !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread