Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I love vaping straight pineapple, and I love mixing it with other flavors, but the pineapples I've tried so far have seemed a little anemic to me. I've used regular Inawera pineapple, and recently, their shisha pineapple, and also TPA pineapple (pretty sure it was TPA -- it's been a little while now). They are all perfectly pleasant, but don't really seem to pop. Do you have a straight pineapple flavor you especially like? (Also, will not turn my nose up at any favorite recipes using pineapple! :p)

Reactions: smacuser

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
What I call Hawaiian Delights is pretty good, IMO and my neighbor's anyway. He works at a vape shop part-time, so he has access to, and an employee discount on, 120+ eliquids there. Yet he has me make 5 of my recipes regularly for him...50mL of each at a time.

All flavorings in it are TFA, and I use the DX versions when available, but of course you don't have to. Also, like with all recipes, adjust to your own personal tastes.

DX Coconut - 4%
Pineapple - 4%
DX Banana Cream - 3.5%
DX Sweet Cream - 2%
Sweetener - 2%

Nothing has ethyl alcohol in it, so it's pretty much shake and vape. It usually ends up sitting for a few days anyway though, once I make it and vape just a small tank of it right away. Too many other eliquids to vape on, too!

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I've gravitated to CAP Golden Pineapple for my mixes - TPA Pineapple seems to be a bit weak for me however I've never tried Golden Pineapple as a stand alone. I think some people don't like it because it's very sweet (thus why I like it for mixes - no need to add extra sweetener). My TPA Pineapple is sitting here unused since I picked up the CAP.

What I call Hawaiian Delights is pretty good, IMO and my neighbor's anyway. He works at a vape shop part-time, so he has access to, and an employee discount on, 120+ eliquids there. Yet he has me make 5 of my recipes regularly for him...50mL of each at a time.

All flavorings in it are TFA, and I use the DX versions when available, but of course you don't have to. Also, like with all recipes, adjust to your own personal tastes.

DX Coconut - 4%
Pineapple - 4%
DX Banana Cream - 3.5%
DX Sweet Cream - 2%
Sweetener - 2%

Nothing has ethyl alcohol in it, so it's pretty much shake and vape. It usually ends up sitting for a few days anyway though, once I make it and vape just a small tank of it right away. Too many other eliquids to vape on, too!

Thanks for this recipe @JCinFLA! That looks awesome to me... gives me something to use that neglected TPA Pineapple in.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
This is ambrosia to me, I've vaped several bottles away since I started mixing my own. It's a clone of a Canadian e-liquid called "Taste of Gods"

Celestial Taste of Gods

TPA Black Currant 8.65%
TPA Coconut Extra 1%
CAP Golden Pineapple 4.75%
TPA Sweetener 1.5%
CAP Vanilla Custard v.1 4.25%

This really needs 10 days to come to fruition
but I've been known to vape it right away :rolleyes:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Thanks for this recipe @JCinFLA! That looks awesome to me... gives me something to use that neglected TPA Pineapple in.

You're welcome, and I hope you like it when you get it adjusted to your own tastes. Something that has surprised me about it...has been that as it ages (even for a few months when I've forgotten I'd made it)...it doesn't change color hardly at all, unlike most other eliquids do. Maybe the pineapple has something in it that prevents/slows it...'cause that's the only recipe I've made so far that uses it!

I'd be interested in trying your recipe, too! Unfortunately, anything made from/with currants of any kind, doesn't "play well or get along" with my body. Some itching, puffy eyes & stuffy nose, and a headache, too, at times...is the result.

Reactions: ceeceeisme

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I'm not a huge pineapple guy, and I have found most to be too pineapple soda-poppy, but I stumbled across this: Sea Buckthorn (TFA) (aka Siberian pineapple). It's a little harder to find but I like it. It hits all the notes of pineapple without all the sweet. It even has a touch of tart/sour. If I need a little more pineapple "forward" I will use a 3:1 or 2:1 Sea Buckthorn to regular TFA Pineapple. Please be warned, I have only used this in mixes, never as a stand-alone so I can't vouch for its usefulness in that regard.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
oooh, I will look for that; thank you!
You're welcome! :D

It can be a bit hard to find. TPA/TFA doesn't offer it on their own web site (Incl. reg. retail and wholesale areas) though the tech sheets are still listed (I haven't called to see if it can be ordered over the phone.

Wizard labs is where I have been getting it but it is only available in their 8 mL sample size (currently $1.29). That's ok for me because I don't use much and not that often. Their link: Sea Buckthorn Flavor Concentrate by TFA (0.27oz)

I did a quick search and also found these sites showing inventory:
Sea Buckthorn Flavor
http://www.diyvaporsupply.com/sea-buckthorn-tda/

Both show multiple sizes available. PLEASE NOTE: I have NOT ordered from these last two vendors so I can not vouch for them. Please do your own research and proceed as you think best. :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I'd be interested in trying your recipe, too! Unfortunately, anything made from/with currants of any kind, doesn't "play well or get along" with my body. Some itching, puffy eyes & stuffy nose, and a headache, too, at times...is the result.

I'm wondering whether you'd have a reaction or not. It occurred to me that perhaps the flavorings we use are more synthetic than extracts.

Could always pop a Claritin and Tylenol and give it a whirl :)

Reactions: IDJoel

tazzle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    So, IDJoel, I was searching around looking for Sea Buckthorn in UK/EU, and was led to Chefs Flavours (chefsflavours.co.uk), but they no longer had the Sea Buckthorn available. I was happy to find them, though, because they really carry a very wide array of different concentrates and the shipping was reasonable. So I ordered a few things from them, and asked if they plan to restock the Sea Buckthorn. They answered back that TPA is discontinuing this flavor.

Too bad!

At any rate, you might want to pick up what you can before it completely disappears! (Or it's possible that it will be continued only the US, I suppose.)

Reactions: IDJoel

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Hey tazzle... here's something you should try....Hawaiian Delight by @JCinFLA is fabulous!!! I mixed up a 10ml bottle on Sunday and it was a great shake 'n vape (it's going into my regular rotation). Before I knew it 5ml was vaped away so I mixed up a 30ml bottle and stuck it in the steeping drawer.

Last night I was looking at the last 5ml from the first bottle and I decided that INW Cactus might be an interesting addition so I plunked 2 drops in.

*Wow* vaping it here this morning and I love it. After mixing up so many cactus concoctions I have come to the conclusion that it's only a flavor enhancer - I love the flavor it adds, it's just not a top note for a recipe (at least not for me).

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Hey tazzle... here's something you should try....Hawaiian Delight by @JCinFLA is fabulous!!! I mixed up a 10ml bottle on Sunday and it was a great shake 'n vape (it's going into my regular rotation). Before I knew it 5ml was vaped away so I mixed up a 30ml bottle and stuck it in the steeping drawer.

I'm glad you like it, too!

The addition of a couple drops of INW Cactus in your 5mL left sounds interesting. I don't have any of it, and just got a WL order yesterday, and a NR flavoring order is already on the way...darn it. Guess I'll put it on my "to order" list for the next time. Thanks for posting about it!

tazzle

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    Hawaiian Delight sounds perfect! I have everything but the banana cream, though none of them are DX. Will be ordering the banana cream next order and trying this one out!

Petrotech's recipe also seems perfect for me. I think I'll try that with a different strawberry, since I have ... hm, four (?) different strawberry flavors, but none of them TFA.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    I'm glad you like it, too!

The addition of a couple drops of INW Cactus in your 5mL left sounds interesting. I don't have any of it, and just got a WL order yesterday, and a NR flavoring order is already on the way...darn it. Guess I'll put it on my "to order" list for the next time. Thanks for posting about it!

I did that on a whim right before bed but I was alert enough to put the bottle on the scale and weigh the amount that went in. I worked it out to roughly 0.5% of the overall mix but I was only eye-balling the amount left in the bottle - it could have been as much as 6ml so I would start at maybe 0.4% and work your way up. INW Cactus can be a tad unforgiving. I learned my lesson and don't get all loosey-goosey with it anymore.

So now I have 2 bottles in the steeping drawer of your Hawaiian Delights - one with cactus and one without. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread