Good Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I've been vaping for a couple weeks now, and I started with an Aspire K1 and an eGo Twist battery. I've been happy so far, but I'm looking to upgrade to something bigger and better.

I'm thinking of going with the istick 30w and an Aspire Nautilis, but I'm also thinking about the Atlantis. Will the Atlantis work ok with that battery, and is there really that much of an advantage with the sub ohm tanks? What would be the drawbacks?

I'm fairly new to all this so any advise or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:
Awsome description of your location, lol...I would say look at the rDNA40 Vapor Shark, but as for sub ohm, just have to be careful with the juice selection as some do not like the heat from sub ohm tanks, also you have to have enough power to operate a subohm tank, other then that I would say go for it, you will be pleasantly surprised at the difference a good device and tank system makes to improve your vaping experience.
Welcome and Vape On

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
Hey everyone. I've been viping for a couple weeks now, and I started with an Aspire K1 and an eGo Twist battery. I've been happy so far, but I'm looking to upgrade to something bigger and better.

I'm thinking of going with the iStick 30w and an Aspire Nautilis, but I'm also thinking about the Atlantis. Will the Atlantis work ok with that battery, and is there really that much of an advantage with the sub ohm tanks? What would be the drawbacks?

I'm fairly new to all this so any advise or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Welcome to ECF!

The Aspire Nautilus will vape very similar to the K1, but will give you more airflow options to tailor your vape experience. They are nice enough tanks.

The Aspire Atlantis will fire on an iStick 30 watt, but can also handle higher power than that. It has far more airflow than a Nautilus, and if you are a mouth-to-lung hitter you may find it to be too airy for you.

Here is a useful article on Sub-ohm tanks and if they are right for you. It is worth noting that no tank is "sub-ohm", just the coil in it.

Is a Sub-Ohm Tank Right For You? - Best Vape Deals - E-Cig deals, Vaping Supplies, & Discount Coupons

CoilinTrouble

Jan 17, 2015
Lebanon, Indiana
I would say get a istick50 watt. That way you could grow with the mod if not you got 4400 mah battery that would last days lol.

Lol or 10 hours depending...I'm an addict, I just killed off two fully charged Samsung 25r's in my Sigelei 150 in about 6 hours...I didnt realize I was vaping that much til I just realized Ive killed off roughly 9ml in 6hrs... However if youre a normal vaper a 4400 mah battery should last for freakin ages...

Edit: additionally if youre gonna go for the atlantis I do agree, get the 50 instead of the 30, youll end up appreciatimg the extra battery power and potential for higher watts.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I depends on what direction you want to go. I have the iStick 50W (love it!) and I top it with Nautilus Mini's. I know in the future I'll be headed to sub ohms and my 50W can handle it. The 4400 mah is awesome, haven't pushed it past 50% recharge in the week I've had it. You will need to get an [ 510 to ego ] adapter ($5) if you go to the eleaf mod (or probably most mods) if you want to continue to use the ego threaded tank you now have. I still use my ego threaded tanks when I want to switch flavors.

mikeysma11z

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
I use an iStick 30W with both an Atlantis and a Nautilus Mini and I love it. In the mornings I screw on the Nautilus Mini with a light colored ejuice and vape away to get my throat primed for the day (heavy juices and heavy vaping in the mornings = heavy coughs since im still just a month and a half off the analogs)

On the drive to work I switch my Atlantis tank onto the iStick and it stays on there all day. I love the lasting power of the iStick 30w. I agree with what a few posters have said above - it all depends if you're a mouth-to-lung hitter. If so, you will enjoy the Nautilus more than the Atlantis.

Also, I wish I just got the 50W instead of the 30W. Wish I could be putting out just a little bit more power than the 30W right now.. In this case it's better to overshoot the power you think you want than to get "just enough".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread