Eleaf i-stick 30 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy66

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2015
Maryland
I recently started vaping and I've already moved from a Kanger Emow mega starter kit (which is a great setup for a noob), to an i-stick 20w and now I'm already looking for more. I've looked at the specs for the i-stick 30w and notice its sub-ohm performance, that coupled with an Aspire Atlantis looks to be a nice rig.
Looking to get some feedback back on the i-stick 30w, experience with it, sub-ohm vape performance, drawbacks, etc,
Any input would be helpful....
Thanks

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Last edited:

elusiv1

Feb 5, 2015
Atlanta,GA

sisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Texas
The iStick 30w is a wise choice. It corrects the problems of the iStick 20w. It is a convenient size and looks nice. The 30w has been out long enough that people have experience with it. The iStick 50w is obviously new. It is uncharted territory. Ask yourself if you really need 50w.

I have a Kanger Subtank Nano. With the 1.2 ohm coil it is almost a killer for a mouth to lung vaper. If I am not mistaken the Aspire Atlantis is only available with a sub-ohm coil. Although Aspire says they are correcting the situation the Atlantis has the questionable coils. If you are a lung hitter it might be ok for brief periods. Ask yourself if you want to do sub-ohm lung hits all day long.

I suggest you learn to walk before you run. There is a lot to learn about vaping. Use the Emow with the 30w iStick for a few months. You may want to consider a Kanger Aerotank as they work well with iStick products. Learn your vaping style, what works for you. Learn how to take care of coils and solve problems. Let the dust settle with the new, unknown sub-ohm tanks. Then, go in a direction that meets your needs. Remember, some of the people on ECF are enthusiasts who go for the biggest, strongest, latest and greatest. This is not necessarily the best route for a person new to vaping.

Join us:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/601111-eleaf-istick.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...40761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html

Happy Vaping!

* Aspire is known to tell half truths. They say the Atlantis has cotton wicking. That is true. They also have the fiberglass paper. Aspire conveniently omitted that part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Racehorse

tommyboy66

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2015
Maryland
The iStick is a wise choice. It corrects the problems of the iStick 20w. It is a convenient size and looks nice. The 30w has been out long enough that people have experience with it. The iStick 50w is obviously new. It is uncharted territory. As yourself if you really need 50w.

I have a Kanger Subtank Nano. With the 1.2 ohm coil it is almost a killer for a mouth to lung vaper. If I am not mistaken the Aspire Atlantis is only available with a sub-ohm coil. If you are a lung hitter it might be ok for brief periods. Ask yourself if you want to do sub-ohm lung hits all day long.

I suggest you learn to walk before you run. There is a lot to learn about vaping. Use the Emow with the 30w iStick for a few months. You may want to consider a Kanger Aerotank as they work well with iStick products. Learn your vaping style, what works for you. Learn how to take care of coils and solve problems. Let the dust settle with the new, unknown sub-ohm tanks. Then, go in a direction that works best for you. Remember, some of the people on ECF are enthusiasts who go for the biggest, strongest, latest and greatest. This is not necessarily the best route for a person new to vaping.

Join us:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/601111-eleaf-istick.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...40761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html

Happy Vaping!

Thanks for this answer. It's probably what I really needed to hear. It definitely slowed my roll..lol.
I appreciate your candor and your true concern. Maybe I'll just start with some 1.2 ohm coils and try that for awhile.
Vape on

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
Thanks for this answer. It's probably what I really needed to hear. It definitely slowed my roll..lol.
I appreciate your candor and your true concern. Maybe I'll just start with some 1.2 ohm coils and try that for awhile.
Vape on

Sisu gave OUTSTANDING advice. The urge to "upgrade" often overcomes us new vapers but I honestly wish I'd have held off on a few purchases. As an example, I purchased the Atlantis right when it came out and then discovered I don't really enjoy strait lung hits. I'm also not a fan of sub-ohming as I feel it tends to mute the flavor of my juice. My wallet would definitely be heavier had I been presented with this advice sooner. LOL

LiquidElectron

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2015
Iowa, U.S.
Love my 30W. I also have a Subtank Nano, but have had no big problems with it. Just don't overfill it. I'm still on the first 1.2 stock coil after a week of various 80%-100% VG juices and it's firing away merrily.

Yes it's hard not to lung hit it, but if you turn the airflow down to the lowest setting, and turn the iStick down to about 7-9W it will mouth-to-lung just fine, as far as I've found. In any case it's eons and eons past the Vision Spinners and Mini Protanks I was using before.

I don't see a need to buy a 50W (personally speaking!). My battery has gone three days on the 30W without charging, and I'm fine with waiting 2 hours for it to charge back up. I see this as a sign that I'm not a horrible horrible addict like I used to be.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
What does 'fire based on mean ' mean ? And what does an adjustable 510 pin do for you?

I'm not positive on the fire based on mean, but the adjustable 510 pin helps make a connection to your tank better. Picture the connection between your tank and the battery like this: | |

An adjustable or spring loaded 510 pin will let you move that connection to make sure it will actually send power to your tank.

I recently got the iStick 30W and have been enjoying it so far. I agree with the others that have recommended upgrading slowly, as I've spent a lot more than I needed to if I had paced myself and taken some time to really see what I wanted, instead of just wanting newer, bigger, shinier things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread