Status
Not open for further replies.

ResinBalls

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Metro Detroit
I just recieved a 30ml bottle of GoodEJuice GJ4, and let me tell you, this stuff is fantastic! It only comes in a 50/50 pg/vg blend due to the extraction process (as it states on the website), and that being said, the throat hit is awesome. Awesome vapor production as well (I'm using an eGo battery with a vision stardust clearomizer). As for the flavor itself...I can't get enough of it! Natural tobacco, with just enough caramel as to not overpower the flavor with sweetness, and a hint of vanilla, which I get more on the exhale. I must say, for all you RY4 lovers, if you haven't tried this one yet...I recommend you to put it on your to do list. You MIGHT POSSIBLY fall in love. Find out for yourself. I have found my new all day vape! :vapor:

Rating: 10/10

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Resinballs,

First off, let me state that I also like GJ4 very much. Currently, it's my personal favorite RY4.

But even so, you lost me with your two next-to-last sentences: "I must say, for all you RY4 lovers, if you haven't tried this one yet...you have to put it on your to do list. You will fall in love."

I think your enthusiasm got the best of you. It's one thing (and perfectly valid) to say "I love such-and such." It's quite another to assert that "You will love it too."

As someone who has written reviews of more than 70 RY4s, I'll offer a bit of advice: Tell us how you feel about a juice, but refrain from telling us what we should do and what we will love. Let us decide that for ourselves.

ResinBalls

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Metro Detroit
Resinballs,

First off, let me state that I also like GJ4 very much. Currently, it's my personal favorite RY4.

But even so, you lost me with your two next-to-last sentences: "I must say, for all you RY4 lovers, if you haven't tried this one yet...you have to put it on your to do list. You will fall in love."

I think your enthusiasm got the best of you. It's one thing (and perfectly valid) to say "I love such-and such." It's quite another to assert that "You will love it too."

As someone who has written reviews of more than 70 RY4s, I'll offer a bit of advice: Tell us how you feel about a juice, but refrain from telling us what we should do and what we will love. Let us decide that for ourselves.

I totally agree, but I think most people can decide for themselves what is subjective or not, and make their decisions from there. I'm sure people have said things like this a thousand times. It would be foolish to think that absolutely everyone will feel the same way. People have different tastes. Period. That being said, I have to thank you for your awesome reviews, and I look forward to more from you and your "Big RY4 Roundup".

OP updated. Thanks for the pointers, too.

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Resin,

I waited awhile before posting my former message. I was concerned that it would seem unfriendly or somehow singling you out for criticism. Neither of those were my intention. I do indeed love GJ4, as you do, and your review was descriptive and helpful to folks who might be interested in trying GJ4. I hope you review a lot more juices.

The two sentences that grabbed me represent a near-universal tendency among ECF posters, especially in juice reviews. I'm sure I've done it. You'd think that we all have ample evidence that "taste is subjective" by now and varies widely (and often wildly) from one person to the next. It's always a little shocking for me to read how some people loathe juices that I treasure, and---conversely---I regard some juices that other people love as swill that I wouldn't vape if you paid me. The juice that everyone loves simply doesn't exist and apparently never will.

Anyway, my apologies if I rained on your parade.

ResinBalls

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Metro Detroit
Bill,

I know you meant well with your intentions. I can, however, understand your frustration as well. From my own experience, I can remember purchasing certain products (not necessarily in the vaping world) after seeing a specific review or 2 or3 that raved about them, and I was less than satisfied with the product(s). It's probably happened to me more than I can count on my own 2 hands. I agree, it's statistically impossible for there to be a juice that everyone will love.

That being said, I may have let my excitement get the best of me, and I will make a note of that for future reviews. Thank you.

P.S. No way you could have rained on this parade, as the Juice in question is still satisfying my needs. Happy Vaping :vapor:

ResinBalls

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Metro Detroit
Does it have mystery nut taste or some nutty taste?

I do get some sort of distinct mystery flavor, but I wouldn't describe it as nutty. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's definitely complimentary to the overall flavor IMO. It's one of those things where it's familiar, but you can't remember where from.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I do get some sort of distinct mystery flavor, but I wouldn't describe it as nutty. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's definitely complimentary to the overall flavor IMO. It's one of those things where it's familiar, but you can't remember where from.
Cool thanks for the feed back. So if I can't stand nutty flavors I am safe with this one right?
AaronY

ResinBalls

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Metro Detroit
How are you guys vaping this stuff? I love it but its killing my lr ce2s like no tomorrow, I can hardly get through one fill before the coils are caked up... my VV didn't help much

I'm using a 900mAh VV eGo with the Vision Stardust. I've used the same one for a few days (probably 2 or 3 fills a day, as I switch flavors every so often, also I'm a chain vaper) and it has performed consistently well for me, even using the VV on it's highest voltage setting for at least half the time. Unfortunately, I tried to take that specific Stardust apart to clean it yesterday (and I was experimenting a little with the known methods for taking it apart found here) and I destroyed the silicon cap, which is a pretty important part. All 4 of my other stardusts are already filled with other flavors, so now I can't enjoy this flavor for the time being unless I fill up a regular ego tank and go back to the tank/atty combo, which just isn't as satisfying IMO :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread