Google Search Questions Lead to this Forum....BUT..

Status
Not open for further replies.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Good tip, if a bit small, WattWick :) That's the 'cached' button for anyone else whose eyes are toast :)

Also worth noting that most forums' in-built search systems are rubbish, and you're often better off using site-specific search in an actual search engine. For google, for example, if you type

[search terms] site:e-cigarette-forum.com

in the box, you'll probably get better results. Only tenuously relevant to the thread, but hey, I'm working on my post count...

Last edited:

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
You could have saved yourself the sign-up with some google magic. Next time you find yourself in this situation, simply click the buttons I've circled in this screen cap.

View attachment 197578

Edit: Click for bigger picture.
just like the old song- Oh Lord it's hard to be humble., when you're perfect in every way. i can't even look in the mirror. i get better looking each day. to know me is to love me. what more can i say. oh lord it's hard to be humble. when you're perfect in every way.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
just like the old song- Oh Lord it's hard to be humble., when you're perfect in every way. i can't even look in the mirror. i get better looking each day. to know me is to love me. what more can i say. oh lord it's hard to be humble. when you're perfect in every way.
we're gonna call that the vapor's song from now on.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
perhaps understandably, though you could have logged out to check, and surely remember the 'You are not logged in' notice from this or other forums - they're almost all based on the same few systems...

Sorry but being a webby type geek who builds websites even, I have multiple browsers and usually two open at the same time if not more. So I popped over to one I don't use to log into ECF and have never used on ECF and viewed the place as somebody who just showed up.

I can read New Members--including this thread, the new members info section, the ECF library, the "General" discussion areas, vendor sections, regional and non-English sections, reviews... the only thing I've found that cannot be accessed when not logged in are member profiles.

The troll... erm, I mean OP, wrote:

Since you can't read the answer unless you "register" as a member...

That's not even remotely true.

I even recall the reason I joined up here was because I found so much information before I joined. Also, what the heck is a "Google Search Question" anyway? Is that a new Google product?

I also note the troll... erm, OP... went to the trouble of registering just to snark at everybody instead of, oh, asking the freaking question they said they couldn't find the answer to. What's next? Posting that they're never going to post here?

Nah, it's a troll. That's all.

I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed..I hope you continue to look around to find the answers to your questions. I have been a member for awhile and today is the first day I posted--congrats on making the decision to quit! I know it's difficult, but you made a huge first step. I'm thankful I was able to quit, but it took a death and me getting cancer to quit...can't brag about anything here. Vaping has given me to impetus to do something I should have done years ago. Please stick around, read and ask questions. Good luck to you!

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Maybe they were a troll, but I repeat: there are links you can't follow if you aren't logged in. Significantly, if someone uploads an attachment and doesn't put it inline in their post. Sometimes these links are the substance of a post, the conclusive point in a debate.

Seems a lot more likely to me that they were just a frustrated person, who didn't understand why they were being asked to provide an email address just to follow a link. It isn't at all obvious to the uninitiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread