got a big idea. what switch for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
Hi guys. Got a big idea for a mod I'm gonna build but I need some help from people who understand the more technical side of the power requirements for mods.

What I need is a switch that can switch power from one device to another. As an example if I had 2 attys and I wanted a switch to switch between which one I'm using. Here's the catch I need this to be able to route power to 4 different things. Not at the same time just need it to be able to switch between 4 different things. It can be a 1-4 switch or an off-4 switch. Either one is fine.

It will prob be in a VV mod running bigblues evercool chip so more than around 5.5v through it.

So can anyone recommend a switch for me to use? I wouldn't know where to find it and if I did I don't know how power rating works for them

Thank you ahead of time and if you need any more info on what I'm doing I'd be happy to provide. I have what I think is a really awesome idea for a mod and I can't wait to show off the finished product. Just need this switch and some wetbox needle assemblies (still having a hard time finding parts for those) and its good to go

Cheers,
Neph

Willriker

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
CT, USA

damn man, this is the type of switch i was going to recommend but you beat me to it! I prefer this over the rotary switch. At anyrate, if your not pleased with the asthetic of this particular one, it comes in many differant styles. You can also go to Mcmaster.com for an excellent selection of switches.

I do not know if size is a concern, but you can also find toggle switches that have multiple positions.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
damn man, this is the type of switch i was going to recommend but you beat me to it! I prefer this over the rotary switch. At anyrate, if your not pleased with the asthetic of this particular one, it comes in many differant styles. You can also go to Mcmaster.com for an excellent selection of switches.

I do not know if size is a concern, but you can also find toggle switches that have multiple positions.
Did you check the specs?

- For the rotary:

2 Amp at 28 Volts DC

- For the slide:

0.2A 50 VDC

I would trust the rotary over the slide.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Obviously, these are just examples of types of switches he could use. I would expect him to look a bit more deeply when he decides which style he wants to use.
I guess, but he said:
but I need some help from people who understand the more technical side of the power requirements for mods.

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
Ok I'm having a hard time understand the switches. For my application it needs power supply pos and neg so that's 2 terminals, then an output to route power to 4 separate outputs that I would switch between so add 8 more terminals for a total of 10. Most of the ones I'm seeing have more. Usually around 14. Is there something I'm missing or do I just not understand these switches at all?:confused::confused:

Also I've noticed that many of the ones I've looked at that are 4pdt since I've searched based on what some of you posted are toggles that just go two ways. How's do those even switch between 4 devices?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread