Got an order today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
I ordered a pack of pineapple, chocolate and the nuport carts. Also ordered a bottle of coffee.

I absolutely love the pineapple and the chocolate, but there is something wrong with the nuport...other than they taste like total crap. For one thing the tips are pushed in too far...they pushed the tip lip into the carto. The protective caps smell like super glue and is so bad it stunk up the whole order....everything I ordered smells like it but I am sure the smell will go away with the exception of the protective rubber caps on the nuport cartomizers where the smell is coming from. I can taste the mint/menthol...but I can also taste what reminds me of ether..yuck. I tried rinsing one out and filling it with coffee but that's not working well either because that glue smell won't go away. I don't know what's in them but they are going in the round file.

On a much brighter note, Steve included enough in my order to more than make up for it...way more...and of course he didn't know these would be bad and I do thank him for the goodies.

Cimyss

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
MN
Now I'm sure about this Gazoo because I don't know if we should be doing it or not
but when I cleaned my cartos I used a bit of my fresh dish water with dish soap and a splash of bleach put it in a pan and brought it to a boil and a clean pan of water. I tokk a little container and poured some soapy water in and filled it up with cartos rinsed reapeted rinsed repeated until all the water was gone ( uses a little fine mesh strainer to empty it out into sink with) then I rinsed each under running hot water for a few secs and then did ryguys method of twisting up paper towels it got all of the old stuff out they were nice and dry
and I didn't have to worrry about getting nic on my skin ( may have inhailed a bit though cause of the boiling water :p ) but it got out the 36 nic I had filled my cartos with and they were so clean I didnt taste any residue
Maybe this will help u or if someone knows maybe they can tell me this is definately not somethign we shoudl be doing XD

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
Now I'm sure about this Gazoo because I don't know if we should be doing it or not
but when I cleaned my cartos I used a bit of my fresh dish water with dish soap and a splash of bleach put it in a pan and brought it to a boil and a clean pan of water. I tokk a little container and poured some soapy water in and filled it up with cartos rinsed reapeted rinsed repeated until all the water was gone ( uses a little fine mesh strainer to empty it out into sink with) then I rinsed each under running hot water for a few secs and then did ryguys method of twisting up paper towels it got all of the old stuff out they were nice and dry
and I didn't have to worrry about getting nic on my skin ( may have inhailed a bit though cause of the boiling water :p ) but it got out the 36 nic I had filled my cartos with and they were so clean I didnt taste any residue
Maybe this will help u or if someone knows maybe they can tell me this is definately not somethign we shoudl be doing XD

I'd be a little worried about bleach being anywhere near something I'm inhaling. My concern would be that I wouldn't be able to rinse it completely away, and that I'd end up vaping traces of bleach. I wouldn't like the dish soap aspect, either. Of course, I could be all wrong, but just be careful, Cimyss. :)

Fiberweaver

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
IL
but when I cleaned my cartos I used a bit of my fresh dish water with dish soap XD

Just an FYI. Since the filter is a fiber, try using Dawn Liquid if you want to try a dish soap. I spin (on a spinning wheel no jokes now) wool, alpaca, and other fibers, and we use Dawn to clean the fiber for spinning . A lot the spinners and weavers recommend using Dawn because it does such a great job of getting out all the lanolin, and other things in the wool that you don’t want to think about but is super gentle on the fibers. We also use it once the yarn is spun to finish the yarn. It does no harm at all to the wool and really cleans it. And remember they use Dawn on living animals covered in oil so it is safe enough for them it should be safe for us. I hope. Not all Dish soaps are made the same so watch what you put in your body…:p

Cola

Oct 20, 2009
For one thing the tips are pushed in too far...they pushed the tip lip into the carto.

Been lurking for a few weeks, figured I'd register to confirm another instance of this with other flavors.

The majority of my 18mg Kamel and 555 cartos from my most recent order are like this too. I don't notice any smell or poor taste, but I'm also not in the best position to say because this is the first time I've tried those two cartos from V4L. The mouthpiece caps do seem a bit stickier than usual, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread