Got caught with 2 vapes and 4 pods by ica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Hi guys, kindly help me out here. I got caught by ICA with 2 vapes and 4 pods recently and was wondering what might happened? Anybody with experience? First time offender. Got issued the ICA form for now, “pending for hsa collection” is all they wrote on the form!
Probably just a fine, but it may be a hefty fine. 1st time offenders can be fined up to $10,000 and/or be sentenced to 6 months in jail. Singapore doesn’t mess around. Jail is unlikely however IMO. You may want to get legal representation. Good luck.

Ezzy

Apr 4, 2022
Probably just a fine, but it may be a hefty fine. 1st time offenders can be fined up to $10,000 and/or be sentenced to 6 months in jail. Singapore doesn’t mess around. Jail is unlikely however IMO. You may want to get legal representation. Good luck.
I read somewhere that fine for possession is only up to 2k, 10k is for those who sell them. So dk what to expect. Is it possible to just get a warning?

Max Power

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
I read somewhere that fine for possession is only up to 2k, 10k is for those who sell them. So dk what to expect. Is it possible to just get a warning?
sorry for my long reply, but I probably need to give you some background on how I know this. My info is a little old, I used to work for a multinational corporation that had offices in Singapore. I used to get all kinds of travel bulletins for HQ and one was on vaping in Singapore. We were advised to not bring any vaping products into Singapore, and if we did, we were on are own. They weren’t going to help or get involved.

According to the info I had, what the fine is will depend on what the scenario is or was. Stuff like what country are you a citizen of, we’re you caught when entering the country, and probably more depending on the answers to those questions. The $2K fine is likely if you are caught using on a street corner or something like that. The $10K fine is for importing or selling and this is where it gets tricky. If you are caught entering the country and you irritate them you could get the larger fine. For selling, it is normally more than $10K, it could jump up to the six figures. Again, I could be wrong, the info I have is a little old and I could have gotten the wrong info to begin with.

Is it possible to just get a warning? Anything is possible, but I wouldn’t expect just a warning. Singapore is deadly serious about this, and this is also how they raise funds. Which is why the company I worked for would disavow any employee caught with vapes in Singapore. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread