Status
Not open for further replies.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Hello. I'm somewhat new to vaping, and have been lurking for a bit. It's what I do best.

Shockingly off cigarettes now for 5 days. After 25+ years that's an accomplishment. I owe it to vaping.

Got an iCae off a friend about 3 weeks ago. Liked vaping, hated the iCare. Leaked everywhere.

From there I jumped in feet first, read all I could and impulsively bought a Smok qbox. Liked it but it was defective so I took it back, kept the Baby and got a Vaporesso Revenger that I'm in love with.

Anyway, I will most likely continue to lurk, but wanted to say hello.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome aboard! Congratulations on 5 days, every day is another accomplishment, IMO. I'm a couple weeks and a month away from 3 years, and I hope my body forgives me for 30+ years of smoking. For now it seems to be though!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Hi, glad to catch you at a delurking moment :) Congrats on 3 days, that is a SUPREME accomplishment. :)

Welcome! If you wanna hide in a corner, I think the lurker's thread may be for you.... They have soft comfy couches, or so I haven't heard. :D

In case you think I'm joking: The lurkers lounge #6

Anna

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    5 doesn't sound like much but it's a tremendous accomplishment for me.

Vaping has made my wife happier and me feel better. White Lightning (caramel bourbon) smells so much better. Walked by one of those "Smokers Outposts" while out and reeled from the stench.

I'm still learning. Reading about temp control, building could, etc. Hopefully I can begin making own coils in about a month or so, or DIY juices.

I'm a geek at heart, so this tech stuff is interesting to read.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Congrats.

Just stick with it. I found that my desire for a smoke disappeared immediately and after 2 weeks, I was home free. And this was after a pack a day for over 30 years. Crazy how easy it was for me.

If you like tinkering with stuff, vaping is great from a hobby aspect. I was making all of my own juice and coils within a month or so of vaping. Lots of fun IMO.

Lots of nice helpful folk on this forum as well.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Thanks for the infographic, saved it to use later. Like that site but that offer for free 3 bottles almost gets me every time.
    Spent too much today...
    Use to know how you feel. I have been making my own (DIY) juice for years. You really need to vape for more than 3-6 months in order to find your equipment sweet spot (place where your equipment performs predictably and you likes are established by way of settings, ratios, nic strength, taste buds in good shape etc.etc.).
    DIY can be a steep learning curve, so if it looks like something you might want to try, now is a good time to start to study. The more you know about a subject, the more likely your going to be successful.
    Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
    Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
    http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
    http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diyordie-concentrates.html
    DIY E-Juice Resources: Over 100+ DIY E-Juice Resources – E-Juice Makers
    How to get started mixing your own DIY e liquids.
    Could read the stickies in this forum:
    DIY E-Liquid

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread