Got high cartridges, sent for ejuice 18mg high, now I'm worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudonym

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2008
Glasgow,Scotland, U.K
Ok, the cartridges I got with both my kits were high though I felt they were very dry and I wasn't getting either a throat hit or much vapour so after reading on here I've sent for some ejuice and picked the 18mg high.

Now I'm worried that combining the two I might be getting to much nicotine. Any advice would be great

Thanks

ohioguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Madison, Indiana USA
I am not sure I understand the question.
I will assume you have 18mg cartages. If you add 18mg juice you will not make the carts any higher they will still be 18mg. The strength will not double. For example 18mg cart plus 18mg liquid will still be 18mg, not 36mg. Is that the question or do I misunderstand?

pseudonym

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2008
Glasgow,Scotland, U.K
I am not sure I understand the question.
I will assume you have 18mg cartages. If you add 18mg juice you will not make the carts any higher they will still be 18mg. The strength will not double. For example 18mg cart plus 18mg liquid will still be 18mg, not 36mg. Is that the question or do I misunderstand?

No you have understood my question, thanks, I was worried I would make the cartridge to strong.

Cheers:thumb:

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
eliquid strength is measured in nictone content per millilitre of liquid ( with some minor variations, Johnson creek is apparently mg per 1.2ml )

anyway your 18mg eliquid will be 18mg of nicotine per 1ml of liquid.

so if you have 1ml of 18mg liquid and add 1ml of 18mg liquid you have 2ml of 18mg liquid

If you have 1ml of 18mg liquid and add 1ml of 0mg liquid you'll have 2ml of 9mg liquid.

pseudonym

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2008
Glasgow,Scotland, U.K
eliquid strength is measured in nictone content per millilitre of liquid ( with some minor variations, Johnson creek is apparently mg per 1.2ml )

anyway your 18mg eliquid will be 18mg of nicotine per 1ml of liquid.

so if you have 1ml of 18mg liquid and add 1ml of 18mg liquid you have 2ml of 18mg liquid

If you have 1ml of 18mg liquid and add 1ml of 0mg liquid you'll have 2ml of 9mg liquid.

right, so I've sent for 2 bottles, one is an 18mg high strength malbora and the other is 0mg zero strenght strawberry (yum yum) I hope :D so say I don't like the taste of the 18mg stuff, then I couod maybe take a little of it and mix it with the strawberry? In effect I would be weakening the high strength stuff but that would be ok. Is this correct?

Also could you tell me what the glycerine is too!! Do you buy that to eck out the juice so it lasts longer?

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Yes, that's right nym.

Some of us do buy either vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol (which is the base for all commerical liquid), and use one or the other or a combination of the two to dilute the liquid, and thus end up with more volume for less price. For example, if I buy 36 mg liquid and double it with pg (and maybe some added flavor or menthol crystal), I'll end up with twice the amount but of 18 mg strength.

pseudonym

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2008
Glasgow,Scotland, U.K
Yes, that's right nym.

Some of us do buy either vegetable glycerin or propylene glycol (which is the base for all commerical liquid), and use one or the other or a combination of the two to dilute the liquid, and thus end up with more volume for less price. For example, if I buy 36 mg liquid and double it with pg (and maybe some added flavor or menthol crystal), I'll end up with twice the amount but of 18 mg strength.

I'm getting so much info about these eciggy's from this site, it's unreal what I've read here tonight. By this time next week, I won't be smoking real cigs, I'll be vapouring "ejuice+vodka+glycerin and anything else that takes my fancy...:D

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
I'm getting so much info about these eciggy's from this site, it's unreal what I've read here tonight. By this time next week, I won't be smoking real cigs, I'll be vapouring "ejuice+vodka+glycerin and anything else that takes my fancy...:D
I bet you missed the thread about vaping titty oil :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread