Got my 510 in the mail today! I have some questions:) Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

millerb

Oct 26, 2010
New Mexico
So after much research and reading of these forums (thank goodness, you guys are here and so so helpful) I recieved my 510 from Cignot today!
Are the batteries already charged? Any tips for a noobie?
Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!
Also, this whole atomizer - cartridge thing is a little different for me. I have been using a hand me down Knightstick I got from a friend. If I wanted to, could I bypass this and use a cartomizer on this model? I can see that there is a huge savings in dripping w/the liquid but im gonna need some experience and time with that whole proscess. I bought nine boxes of the cartridges and only one bottle of the e-liquid. I can already tell that I should have done it the other way around:)
Any advice is greatly appreciated, even a shopping list to get me going would be great!
Thanks in advance for all your help!
and btw the customer service I read about from Cignot is true! They are great.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Yeah, if only 1 bottle of liquid, likely bought 10ml? That won't last long... Many vapers use 2 to 3ml per day... to give you an idea...

As far as the atty/cart thing... It will take some time to get used to - and you may never like it. The only real difference is that you will notice you will get a bit more throat hit using the combo compared with cartomizers...

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Welcome Millerb:)

I love my 510 and have been stinky cig-free for 4 weeks now! I read so much info here when I first got mine!

People seem to love their cartomizers on this forum. I went with the drip method because I couldn't see inside the atty well and there's a wrong way and a right way to push on the carts. You line up the rectangle on the cart to the white ceramic rectangle down in the atty! I want to try a cartomizer too someday because they can last for 8 hours of vaping or more!

Another hint is the atty has to be primed before use! One or two drops is not enough! It usually takes me 5 or 6 to prime my attys when they are dry in the mornings.

You will learn to know when your attys is dry by the taste of the vapor, whether you use a cart, cartomizer or drip method. I can tell by the sound my 510 makes too when it is getting low on juice. A dry atty is a dead atty! Make sure it's kept moist at all times. It's pretty easy. I'm using my original attys that are a month old now:)

If your 510 kit came with two short batteries, you will want to order a 510 Mega battery- like tomorrow! The short ones last 1-2 hours of vaping. The Mega long ones last me 6-7 hours! I found some 510 mega batts with free shipping at Bluegrassvapor.com. I think it's good to have 3 batteries and 3 attys to start with. That way if one dies, you can order one more and have two functional ones in the interim. Some people order a ton of attys because their life is so variable. People here have "popped" (broken) them in 1 day and I've seen so many people that have their original attys that are 6 months to a year old! So their life can be from one day to a year LOL!

Try small sizes of Ejuice flavors until you find the one that makes you smile:) If you are having nic fits, consider increasing your Nic strength one step. If your Nic juice makes you feel stoned, consider ordering a weaker Nic juice strength:) It's really good to have several strengths on hand in the beginning- 12 mg, 18 mg and 24 mg - because you won't know which is best for you till you experiment.

If money is tight, making juice with the DIY method is SO affordable. LIke 30 cents a day to make! Much cheaper than smoking!

Ask on these forums any questions you have and someone will help you. Always. Good luck to you and keep on vaping!

Lori

rpm13

Oct 9, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
MillerB,
Get on a site and order some juice pronto. Many sites out there. Try smaller bottles until you know what your body wants as far as Nic levels. I started on 16 and moved up to 18 because I had some nic cravings at 16mg. Try freedomsmokeusa.com, they have many flavors and small sizes until your ready to buy a mix you like. Good luck. I am off analogs now for 15 days and after vaping with many diff flavors I will never go back to analogs. WELCOME

Icoth

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I'm not sure dripping is signigcantly cheaper than using cartos. If your atties last about a month, and your cartos last about a week, that's pretty close to even. This assumes you refill your own cartos.

Each has it's advocates and advantages. A lot of folks use both methods, dripping when it's convenient and using cartos when it's not.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Funny thing about batteries . . . a couple days ago I had received 5 new batteries. Put them all on a charger and 2 were at full charge in about 5 minutes, the other 3 took much longer.

I'm still a noob, but as far as tips that I've learned:
Batteries - can't have enough battery power, but what kind? Longevity, size? I just placed an order today for a passthrough and a car adapter. I've figured that it would be convenient to have endless power in my car.

Juice - can't run out, but what kind? I gambled on my first order and got a lot of camel because that is what I smoked. I lucked out. Since then, I've gotten 5ml samples of juice, and I'm glad because I got one that tastes like vomit (instead of coffee) and am glad I didn't spend too much on that. I'm placing small orders with different suppliers in order to find my favorite - I mean, what some people call caviar, I call fish eggs - yuck! I could tell you that so-and-so has the best juice, but you might not like it - don't stock up based on my taste buds.

Study and Experiment - like a great new hobby. I purchased a few cartos, different shape/size carts, and different batteries just to find what I like. I actually am finding that I like different things for different situations. I love dripping!! But not in the dark watching a movie or whatnot, so cartos hold quite a bit of juice and only take a little preparation.

Never be afraid - there are so many great people here, you will always find an answer for any question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread