Need Help Please...got my 510 and it tastes aweful

Status
Not open for further replies.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
BTW, the only plastic taste I get with an 801 is with the rubber mouth tips. Not horrible... but a little different! Hard plastic tips on carts are the way to go..

I'll have to get some hard plastic tips then, because the rubber mouth tips do mess with the taste. It really is my only complaint with the 801, other than the 5 second cutoff on the battery.....I need a couple extra seconds! :D

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Have you tried wiggling the end of a paper clip in the battery hole to unstick the cut off? I rarely have that problem with the 801 batteries. When I do this has worked like a charm. The 801 batteries I received back in January did this... but the ones I receive lately don't and seem to have no cut off at all!

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
check your cart and make sure the plastic isn't actually burnt, sometimes the wick is off center and actually burns the plastic....until the primer taste is gone DONT inhale it. I personally run mine under the tap, blow through it, turn it around, plug the center hole of the atty and blow the 2 side holes out. Then blow it really good a few times.....drip a couple drops on the atty bridge and fire it right back up.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
I agree with talen, kent and happily ...You wrote> "it tasted just aweful, kind of like burnt Plastic."

That's most likely one of two things...You are vaping primer fluid or vaping on a dry cart...I dont' "clean" my new atomizers..But If you don't blow the primer fluid out first(and reprime with a few drops of eliquid on the wic/bridge)..You'll be trying to vape that primer off for 3 x's as long...I'm not sure where you are in your learning..But, if you arent sure how to blow your atomizer out..Just tell us ( and you'll get 20 ways of adivce on how to do it :: laugh)....And like one of the gentlemen said, don't enhale, puff it like a cigar till the plastic taste is gone...
It's important to keep a 510 cart moist (wet but, not pooling)+ a drop on the atty here and there...

One thing I did with my first 510 atty ( being new with it) I vaped it too long dry..Once that happened..I couldnt' get rid of the (burnt, not plasticy taste)...I had to start over with a new atomizer(don't jump the gun here lol)... I think Helen "handbasket" gave you some great 510 tips...My experience also mimicks hers...

Don't be afraid to ask specific questions...It's the only way for anyone to help you pinpoint the problem...

You'll never hear me say this e-cig is better then that one... I love alll my PV's lol..For different reasons..I keep a few loaded all the time..Grab this one for flavor..Grab that one for "the analog lung punch/throat hit feel"..Then grab the other one for the high nic/fix hit.. And keeping more then one loaded and alternating them keeps your attys cool..( it is a real drag when it comes to cleaning time though lol)

Last edited:

kathyst

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego, CA
Also a good thing that I have found in the morning for a good taste.

take your atomizer, and tip it up battery connection down. Fill that sucker up with E-Liquid and let it sit over night.

Some say wait 10 mins after putting it in the atomizer, but I have found filling that baby up before bed can really help the flavor come out of it.

Interesting! I will try this. I have a question, though -- the atomizer is not like the filler in the cartridge, which soaks up liquid and holds it. So does the e-liquid just sit there in the atomizer all night, or does it evaporate, or what? In the morning will I find it still full of liquid? And I would use it like that?

kathy

kathyst

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego, CA
Wow,
Thanks for so many replies. Who would have ever thought, this was such a science....
But yes, I keep hanging in, I know that eventually I will find the right device/combination that will work perfect for me. In the meantime even with all the "problems" I am still down to 1 or 2 Analogs a day and I don't even like these anymore. It's just a matter of time until I run out of my last 3 packs and I doubt I will buy more.
It's definitely worth investing some time and money into Vaping, I really enjoy it.

Thanks again, I will try some of the great ideas here and am sure everything will work out great.
All the best!
VV ;)

That's exactly what I'm doing at the moment, finishing the last packs of a carton I had. And I sure do feel it's worth this "investment" of time and money.

kathy

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Interesting! I will try this. I have a question, though -- the atomizer is not like the filler in the cartridge, which soaks up liquid and holds it. So does the e-liquid just sit there in the atomizer all night, or does it evaporate, or what? In the morning will I find it still full of liquid? And I would use it like that?

kathy

It slowly drops out the top. You can stick it on top of something to collect the E-Liquid that drops out.

In the morning, you will still need to put a drop in if you feel the need. BUT the taste is more powerful.

Vegasvapor

Apr 27, 2009
Hi everyone,
Just a quick update, sorry so much time went by but I wanted to thank you all again for the great input and tips.
By now my 510 works like a charm and I'm really happy with it. The plastic taste went away and now it's all delicious flavor and good throat hits. Yum.
It does use up more juice than the 402 (Mini) but well worth it :rolleyes:

Just a bit of my Two Cents for the newer Newbees than me:
I found that I need to keep more than one E-Cigarette at hand so you always have one that's working. I guess no matter what model, these things are not perfect and if one is having a bad day another one can pick up the slack....lol

Good luck to all of you!
VV

Ok, even after a top off of a fresh cartridge and a drop or two on the atomizer, i still only get about 10 drags before the cartridge is dry and my atamizer is giving me that taste that it has run dry. anything i am doing wrong? i have tried several e-liquids and i keep having the same problem. I dont see why because when i direct drip i get the same about of drags before its done. can anyone help??

mnealtx

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Camp Bondsteel, Kosovo
When you first start to get that 'burnt' taste...STOP. Set it down. Go do something else for 15-20 minutes, then come back and take a drag - I'll bet you get several more drags.

Also, take slow, light drags. If I pull hard on my 510, I'll only get about 10 drags before the top dries and I have to stop and let it wick more juice down.

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
Hi everyone,
Just a quick update, sorry so much time went by but I wanted to thank you all again for the great input and tips.
By now my 510 works like a charm and I'm really happy with it. The plastic taste went away and now it's all delicious flavor and good throat hits. Yum.
It does use up more juice than the 402 (Mini) but well worth it :rolleyes:

Just a bit of my Two Cents for the newer Newbees than me:
I found that I need to keep more than one E-Cigarette at hand so you always have one that's working. I guess no matter what model, these things are not perfect and if one is having a bad day another one can pick up the slack....lol

Good luck to all of you!
VV
Glad to hear all is working well for you!! Also may I note that a lot of first timers need to make sure they keep their carts wet this will help a lot!
It takes time and practice to figure out exactly the right hit be patient remember u weren't that great at smoking analogs the first time either.
Vape On :evil:

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
I got a 510 from smokey treats and it tasted absolutely horrible for the first hour or so. Ive since ordered another from heavens gifts and it tasted great on the first run. Sounds like you got one that was primed with something nasty. Might wanna leave a paper towel in the atomizer and let it wick the primer out, then five or 6 drops of your own juice, dripped, full cart and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread