Got my 5V & my mini today! Cart testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
As the title says!
After ~24 hours use of these devices I say this was a fantastic purchase. Well worth every penny and any wait time associated with them. The fit and finish of these things is first rate.

Cart Testing:
Juices are all at least 50/50 and low 6-8mg nicotine. FSUSA, Ms. T's, & KBV.

Dual coils (previously used on ego-t battery, and still work great on that battery) produce little to no vapor on the 3.7 or the 5v.
Update: new, fresh dual coils work great on the mini and the 5v. Dual coils previously used on another device can't acclimate to a GLV (or other PV?)??
I can pass the same dual coil between the mini and the 5v and it works great on either one.

GLV 510 808-style carts burn asap on 5v, work great on the 3.7.

IKV 510 808-style carts burn asap on 5v, work great on the 3.7.

Boge 3.0 ohm 510 carts work great on the 5v (3.0 ohm - did not bother trying on the 3.7).
Update: Tough using these as carts on the 5v. Although they work great, they don't hold enough juice to even consider them carts. Last as long as an analog 'smoke break' but I would say they produce the most vapor of any cart so far.

IKV 2.8 ohm gold V2 510 cart really needed some coaxing to get going on the 5v but seems to work ok after a dozen or so puffs, fails to do much of anything on the 3.7.

IKV 510 premium platinums have split personalities - works ok on the 5v but burns easily, works ok on the 3.7. I think these will be okay once they burn in to the 5v.

Winners:
#1. Dual coils as they work great on both 3.7 & 5v.
#2. Boge 3.0 ohm cart for the 5v only. Produce a bit more vapor than the dual coils.

Pr0n follows...

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

Last edited:

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I mostly use 808 coolcarts at 5v and they are working well for me.Just remember that at 5v things taste different than they do at 3.7.You also have to fill more often,5v uses more juice.I also use 510/901 drip tips on my cartos in delrin because the cartos can get hot on your lips.Seems like the fruit flavors taste funny at 5v.I think they are to lightly flavored to hold up.Coffees and chocolates,heavier flavors work well.Please try different things,Im sure you will enjoy the 5v when you find the right combo for you.I really love my 5v units and hopefully you will too.

The silver looks awesome!!:2cool:

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
It's freshly charged batteries. That's what causes the carts that I expect to work great to burn asap on the 5v. Once the batts lose a bit of charge all the carts work well.
Except for the boge 3.0's and the dual coils. These carts work best on a full charge and continue to do very well throughout the battery life.

(Unable to edit OP at this moment for whatever reason.)

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
After a few days now with fresh dual coils and switching juices back and forth these are my final standings for what 510 carts work best for me on my GLV mini 3.7 & my GLV-2 5v.

GLV-2 5v
#1. Boge 510 3.0ohm.
Low juice capacity for a 5v but the consistency between fresh and barely charged batteries and the insane amount of vapor makes these overtake the dual coils. Flavor is excellent and the wicking is top notch. Draw and air flow is excellent as I can tighten these or keep them a bit lose and no matter what I get excellent draw. I have had no problems with juice light or dark. My RY5 from FSUSA is like syrup and it takes it like a man. These carts give good flavor from begining to the very end with nice smooth vapor.
#2. Dual coils.
Seem to be somewhat fickle at times with the draw and vapor. Almost like they get mad at me for setting them aside for a few hours. But I give them the #2 spot for juice capacity and their ability to move right to the 3.7 and be just as good. They handle all juices pretty well although they don't take to the very heavy RY5 like the Boge 510 3.0ohms do. I feel like I need to back these off a bit when tightening to get a good airflow.
#3. IKV 510 gold V2 2.8ohm.
Very similar to the Boge 510 3.0ohm but a little bit less vapor. Hardly noticeable difference.
#4. IKV 510 premium platinums.
Very similar to the Boge 510 3.0ohm but a little bit less vapor. Hardly noticeable difference.

Since #3 & #4 are the same capacity of the Boge 510s they get moved below the dual coil spot as one might as well just order one brand/kind. Also they seem to me to take a little breaking in to get going whereas the Boges just vaped-.... from the get go.

The GLV 510 808-style & the IKV 510 808-style burn on the 5v when there are fresh batteries. I have set them aside as not acceptable for a go-to 5v cart. They do work nicely when the batteries are about half-charge.

GLV Mini 3.7 volt
#1. IKV 510 808-style.
On the IKV website it says these work best at 5v. I find that to be not true. They work best on my 3.7v mini without a doubt. Huge juice capacity and plumes of tasty vapor. These are my go-to cart for the Mini.
#2. Dual coils.
Number two spot for the same reasons they make the number two spot for the 5v. But on the 3.7v they don't seem to be so fickle. They produce consistent, good vapor and I can move them to the
5v if I want to.

Those are all the carts I have at the moment for testing and certainly not all the ones that should be tried. These are just carts that I read good things about and ordered prior to receiving my GLVs. I plan on ordering some coolcarts from V4L next week and trying those.

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
Yea I plan on ordering some cool carts but might not be for a few weeks as I am ready to settle in and enjoy my GLV and #1 ranked IKV premium platinum carts for a bit.
I've spent every hour since I got my GLVs stress testing carts and, well, I'm not sure what I would do right now if I found another cart that was just as good. I would just fall into a coma. My brain couldn't handle it.
Besides, I'm getting kind of tired of feeling compelled to edit this thread every damn night. :)

I also plan on starting to read up and order attys as I want to try attys with the GLV3.

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
Loving my GLV2...Have had it for a week now! Just wondering the best atty to use on it...using just a standard 510 now.

Hey Loden! I have not tried any attys nor have I read very much on them yet. But I do plan on ordering and testing them when I get my GLV-3 (whenever that is).
But based on my cart testing, and what little I have read, I will be looking for the IKV HV attys to be top performers.
FWIW.

Maybe Keyzygirl can add some pertinent info regarding attys?

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
I wanted to update my cart standings in light of recent developments. So here is my ALL TIME FINAL TOP NUMBER ONE CART:

GLV-2 5v
#1. IKV 510 premium platinums.
More juice capacity than the Boge 510s and they simply kick ..... 'Nough said. The best carts (IMO) for the GLV-2 5v. Outstanding vapor throughout the battery life.

GLV Mini 3.7 volt
#1. IKV 510 808-style.
On the IKV website it says these work best at 5v. I find that to be not true. They work best on my 3.7v mini without a doubt. Huge juice capacity and plumes of tasty vapor. These are my go-to cart for the Mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread