Got my first legit coil on aga-t2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunyan

Jan 8, 2012
USA
Been fiddling around the last 5 days trying to get a good coil. I didn't realize how precise you have to be. Decided to try a higher resistance wrap with 32 awg. Used a variation of the "can I try your juice?" Guy and another video I saw right after it. Works great. Not as much vapor as I was expecting but no hotspots and no shorting.

image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Grats Bunyan!

It took me about 5 or 6 very frustrating days before I got my first good wick and coil built.

Looks like you've got a 7/6 wrap on that wick. With 32g I'm guessing your resistance is pretty high.. near 3.0ohms or so? With high resistance you'll need to send more volts to the coil than you would for your average atty head. I'm taking some educated guesses here, you could also have a wicking issue but if so I'd imagine you'd also be reporting a burnt metallic taste.

Practice makes better (perfect is subjective :p)

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I must have got lucky. Got my AGA T+ 3days ago and was a little nervous about setting it up. My first try at making a coil didn't go so well(used the method I saw in most videos) and it fried while I was trying to get rid of hot spots. I decided to try wrapping the coil on the wick first then putting it into the tank, it worked the first time. I've been vaping happy since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread