Got my Laser today and lost it before I tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I have to start this off by saying that Isaac went way above and beyond in both communication and customer service and that was before I had spent a dime with him! Just fantastic!!! So after all our messages and his wonderful help, I order a Laser mod. He shipped immediately, and I mean immediately LOL. 3 days normal ship time and my anxiously awaited new toy arrives. I open up the package, pull out the box with the Laser in it, drop the batteries on the desk and begin to pull the new beauty from it's packaging. Really nice feel to it as I hold it in my hand for the first time. Open up the bottom and slip a battery inside then screw the bottom back on. Didn't even get to put an atty on it and try it when suddenly the hubby reaches out and snatches it from my hand. He quickly shoves it deep into a pocket and says "surely you bought this for me since you already have 2 mods" And that was the last I saw my new Laser *sigh* Hubby left shortly after that for a 2 hour there and 2 hour back road trip. He called me a little bit ago and told me it was a good thing he grabbed it because the only 510 battery he took with him died about 15 minutes after he left. So now he has the Laser and has fallen in love with it. He says it works great and I am not getting it back. Ok I'm not a mod hog, I was going to give him my Bartleby and keep the Laser, but looks like that's not going to happen now. Maybe if I'm real good, he will at least let me try it.

Oh well easy come, easy go :cry:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I think that will be a mystery that forever plagues mankind as we know it Tina.

Awww WWay! and You were soo excited to order it, but alas everything does happen for a reason. I do just so happen to have 1 more 510 LPV, it came not too long ago in a individually wrapped set after an outstanding contest. For the inconvenience of being of us being out of stock and the event of your Lpv getting hijacked. I do have one to offer you at a whopping 35% less the sale price! We are in the works of decided to make these retail. ;):D
5a92536f.jpg

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Ooh, Iken. If you find another deal or she doesn't want this, can it be mine??? Please? I didn't win the contest where I had like 75% of the entries:) but this is would be a win win for sure.

Going to check out all your goodies again. Might be able to afford something after all that juice I bought.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    OOOHHHHH-She's purdy!!!!!
    Lol Right!! I love going back to them and just admiring lol
    Ooh, Iken. If you find another deal or she doesn't want this, can it be mine??? Please? I didn't win the contest where I had like 75% of the entries:) but this is would be a win win for sure.

Going to check out all your goodies again. Might be able to afford something after all that juice I bought.
    Aww Rose! I'm sorry for the bad luck! Sure! That won't be a problem in the least! If she would like it, I also have 3 KR/901 exactly like the offered 510 if you would like one of them instead :D

I got a green one, ha. Yes sell them, they are so nice. I love both styles.
    Haha you sure do goodbuddy! Well, the thing is, is that they are handpainted and that could be very cumbersome on our fantastic modder. We'll see though!
    I somehow missed this thread til now. LOL @ the OPs story.

Nice gesture there Iken :thumb:
    Lol Thye! Hope your having a good weekend good sir! We been slammed with so many activities of running out and playing over here!
    20a712ae.jpg
    see!

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Ok, complete noob about mods and things. Sounds like I can use the 510 passthrough battery on either of the lazers, is that correct? What about protected vs non? Would the passthrough batt be unprotected? Don't won't to get blown up:) Just asking since you don't have any of the batts in stock right now.

Forgot to ask about the charger, what kind do I need? Are you out of stock on those as well? I couldn't tell what kind is needed on the site. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Not a problem my lovely Rose ♥
    We're just talking about them here this weekend I'll give you the bits to save you time. :D
    Is there a lot of issue regarding protected vs unprotected 10440s for the lazer?

On the site it lists them as being unprotected, and others talk about protected.

I was always under the assumption that high voltage vaping is where I would need to be concerned about this.

Whatcha think?

I agree, the danger comes to rise when stacking two unprotected batteries on top of one another and/or the activation of the button constantly when the battery is empty (improper discharge). Protected have an automatic cut-off switch to prevent i.d.. The other side of Unprotected is an improper charger, but most chargers, about 90% or so already have built in protection to stop this from happening. I don't believe there were any reports of single cell unprotected battery mis-haps recorded. The world did run off of them for decades previously.

Great.

the battery in my 510 passthru is not protected.

I can get some in the near future I bet, but I really didn't see the issue unless I was doing high test vapes.

Thanks man

Yea, on the forum the unprotection concept blew up big time. However for good reason, I was just reading about a user that got his teeth blown out by using double stacked unprotected batteries. I'll be carrying protected 10440 soon, just for safety reasons. As your Passthrough, standard e-cigs don't even have them.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Lol yes, I am out of them for the time being, the chargers that you would need are in transit as well lol. We should really boycott the Chinese Spring festival! (New Year) They really know how to take a vacation seriously! Or maybe we should take a hint ;)
    Trust-Fire Universal Multi-functional Battery Charger They really are well worth it though. They can charger almost any 3.7V battery on the market today. Ranging from 10440 all the way up to the 17670 and 18650 type batteries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread