Got My Mini! (A Few Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luma

ECF Veteran
All I can say is wow. Perfection! Amazing device!

I have a few questions.

Is there some preventative maintenance I can do to keep my PV running for years to come? I have heard of the glue in the screws and the hot glue on the circuit board?

Also, my charger is making some noises. Sometimes I cant hear it and other times I can actually hear it over the tv. High frequency whining noise. I also always leave my charger plugged in with 2 fresh batts ready. Anybody else's charger make noise? My old charger for my PS Icon was silent..

Other than that, this device is vaping perfection. 3ohm Cartomizer at 4.2 volts = brilliant. The batteries are lasting a long time too! Fished for 7 hours today on the same battery. So much win. Cant wait to get my tank on my next order.

Only downer is that I received a red LED. I thought they were all blue. Bummer. :glare:

Thanks for the best mod out there Provape.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Dont pay attention to that video where he tells you to glue that stuff . Its not accurate. The screws will never come loose by them self and the circuit board is plenty secure. What charger are you using ? May want to invest in a Pila charger. By far the best charger available and it will last you forever. As far as maitenence,theres not much .Its a solid PV. Keep it clean and use AW IMR batts and thats about it.

The blue LED is more limited and costs 20.00 extra when available.

I usually run my 3ohm cartos at 4.6-5v for the best vape possible . It wont burn juice til over 5.2v

ProV Erawk

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Also, my charger is making some noises. I also always leave my charger plugged in with 2 fresh batts ready. Anybody else's charger make noise? My old charger for my PS Icon was silent..
Thanks for the best mod out there Provape.

My understanding is that it is bad to leave Li batteries on the charger after they have reached a full charge. I always monitor my batts and pull them when they are full and unplug the charger.

I also get longer battery life when I'm fishing :toast: Constantly casting and occasionally landing fish keeps my hands and mind plenty busy. When I was a smoker, my fishing buddy would always say he missed smoking when I'd light an analog. Now he just says "man, that's smells great. Makes me want to try it"

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
My understanding is that it is bad to leave Li batteries on the charger after they have reached a full charge. I always monitor my batts and pull them when they are full and unplug the charger.

I also get longer battery life when I'm fishing :toast: Constantly casting and occasionally landing fish keeps my hands and mind plenty busy. When I was a smoker, my fishing buddy would always say he missed smoking when I'd light an analog. Now he just says "man, that's smells great. Makes me want to try it"

You dont really have to worry as much with the Pila as you would other chargers. THe Pila cuts off when the light goes green and hasnt failed to once in my 6 years of having it. I always keep my charger on but not with batts in it. I have left batts in it for a day or two on occasion and take them out they were still at 4.19v and cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread