Got my Reo Grand! liquid taste great in atomizer, but not in carto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Yep use what ever you can work the best.

Both attys and cartos have their place. Attys always have better flavor IMO (more flavor at least)
Cartos are easier and always leave the juice well dry so thats a nice plus for pocket carry.
Plus attys can start out great but loose flavor over a day or two. Cartos give the same exact vape every time.

But I have juices that taste better with a carto than an atty and vise versa.
You can make a juice taste about 20 different ways depending on what carto, what atty, what voltage, etc.

It takes a lot of time to learn all the nuances of vaping.

Congrats on the REO.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
BTW, what is your past experience with vaping ?

Attys, cartos, both .... devices ??

This can help people diagnose issues because we can compare them to what you were vaping on before the REO

Fogbear is brand new, Tim :) The REO is his/her first vaping experience. :thumbs:

fogbear

Feb 7, 2012
weezerville
Thanks for all the help guys, and girls! Oh yeah I am a guy. The name is Kevin. Kevin Fogbear. "haha"

I went ahead and let a carto sit over night. This taste delicious! Only thing is, it was a different flavor, than the others I have been vaping, and the funny thing is it is not diluted with vg like the stuff I put in the atty. And that stuff tasted good! It is 36mg nic of WTF from KBV. And this flavor was harsh in the atty last night! It isn't harsh now now in the carto. But I haven't squonked yet either. Now, I'm letting some undiluted hummingbird nectar sit in a different carto for a while.

I had great success using the Grand with an atty today. I am an electrician, so I do a lot of walking, climbing exc, and if I did spill in the pocket I couldn't tell. I did have to wipe a little when changing bottles of flavors, "my on fault"

I am definitely ordering some 18mg of the same flavors to bring this 36mg down.I have been smoking 30 to 40 reds a day for 18 years, and today I only smoked 9. And each and every one of them is getting less, and less desirable, as the vaping simply taste better! It is funny when I do actually smoke and analog I taste it in a totally different way. Like I taste chemicals more so.

I can't wait to start making my own juice. Probably gonna start fulling around very soon! But right now I am just enjoying what I have.

I will keep experimenting with both the atty, and carto, but after what I experienced after letting that carto sit I would feel safe to say I probably didn't juice up the original carto enough to begin with, and the coil must have burn some of the filler just enough to make everything taste bad. But funny thing it still kinda tasted good. "haha" oh well, you live and learn...

Yeah I read somewhere about a rebuild able atty. So is their supposed to be one coming out that will be compatible with the Reo Mods?

Oh yeah to all the guys, and girls having more than one Reo. I think I can totally understand that. These things are cool. I already want a Woodville Ebony 5 for home use, but I am waiting to see if I stick with this. But after today. I am almost positive I will!

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Well done, Kevin! :banana:

So over time, you will notice that the flavor of the cigs will taste more & more like chemicals...and eventually, you'll be able to make the switch completely. In the meantime, don't stress over it. You'll get there when you're ready. Around here we celebrate the cigs that we haven't smoked! If it takes you a while, don't feel bad. Not everyone quits right away. Some folks can quit within a few days...It took me 6 months....other's have taken a year to quit completely.

As far as flavors go...don't get too sold on any one flavor right away. Your taste buds will start healing over time and your tastes will most certainly change. After you have quit smoking, don't expect that everything will taste right for a few weeks to months. Just wanted to give you a heads up so you're not surprised in a few weeks or months, when things aren't tasting as great as they once did.

fogbear

Feb 7, 2012
weezerville
Thanks a lot!

Yeah my whole mentality has been to cut down, and if I quit. Even better!

I can see why this could be very effective for people trying cut down or even quit. I am not ready to declare war on analogs yet, but I am feeling more equipped to get in that mind set.

I have quit a lot of things. I have never tried quitting cigarettes I guess I have felt they would get an edge on me, if I failed. I never have really wanted to quit. And if killing myself is not a good enough reason. What is? lol But I am getting a little older, and with this alternative I am starting to seriously consider it.

This whole experience so far has way superseded my expectations.And it is kinda becoming a new hobby! I have a plastic organizer box with lots of toys, and I have 4 flavors, and have only tried 3 so far. I shouldn't have got a coffee flavor...I want one. I know. With the money I saved today on the analogs I didn't smoke, I'm getting some. haha!

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
My organizer box is a little out of control...not disorganized but umm it makes me nervous to see everything at once because I realize how much money I've spent trying out all these sampler pack juices (4 out of 5 I don't like), very disappointing!

Even though everyone has probably answered your questions I thought I would add my input anyway.

When I first got my mini I prefilled the carto myself before using it. I did the Taryn method and pushed most of the juice to the bottom, just enough to get the coils wet. I found that I was able to take more hits off the mini before needing to squonk the juice again in between hits.

Now, I just put on a new carto and blink squonk until I get 3-4 good gurgle sounds (slow gurgles). It's important to just gently squeeze the bottle, as light as possible while holding down the fire button until you start getting a gurgle. I usually squeeze the bottle and inhale and wait a few seconds until the liquid absorbs and then repeat the process and then wait a minute or two. You can test it by taking a hit and if there isn't much power or flavor, then you should squonk some more.

A couple of times I pushed the bottle too hard and got juice in my mouth...lesson learned! :laugh:

I forgot to add that after I hear a gurgle I just suck without pushing the firing button to make sure its distributed and not overfilled.

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Congrats on getting your REO to work for you and decreasing the amount that you smoke. I hope that you continue to vape and eventually quit. Many of us have successfully kicked the habit and I'm sure you will too. Just take your time and you'll get there in no time.

You might want to stay at 36mg until you actually quit cigs though. Since that's when it's going to play a huge part in stopping the addiction. Your body will let you know when it's time to decrease the nic. If you try to decrease it to quickly then you might have a relapse. I'm only suggesting this since you were a 1 1/2 or 2 PAD smoker with full strength cigs. Again, I wanna congratulate you on your success. If you have anymore questions then don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for all the help guys, and girls! Oh yeah I am a guy. The name is Kevin. Kevin Fogbear. "haha"

I went ahead and let a carto sit over night. This taste delicious! Only thing is, it was a different flavor, than the others I have been vaping, and the funny thing is it is not diluted with vg like the stuff I put in the atty. And that stuff tasted good! It is 36mg nic of WTF from KBV. And this flavor was harsh in the atty last night! It isn't harsh now now in the carto. But I haven't squonked yet either. Now, I'm letting some undiluted hummingbird nectar sit in a different carto for a while.

I had great success using the Grand with an atty today. I am an electrician, so I do a lot of walking, climbing exc, and if I did spill in the pocket I couldn't tell. I did have to wipe a little when changing bottles of flavors, "my on fault"

I am definitely ordering some 18mg of the same flavors to bring this 36mg down.I have been smoking 30 to 40 reds a day for 18 years, and today I only smoked 9. And each and every one of them is getting less, and less desirable, as the vaping simply taste better! It is funny when I do actually smoke and analog I taste it in a totally different way. Like I taste chemicals more so.

I can't wait to start making my own juice. Probably gonna start fulling around very soon! But right now I am just enjoying what I have.

I will keep experimenting with both the atty, and carto, but after what I experienced after letting that carto sit I would feel safe to say I probably didn't juice up the original carto enough to begin with, and the coil must have burn some of the filler just enough to make everything taste bad. But funny thing it still kinda tasted good. "haha" oh well, you live and learn...

Yeah I read somewhere about a rebuild able atty. So is their supposed to be one coming out that will be compatible with the Reo Mods?

Oh yeah to all the guys, and girls having more than one Reo. I think I can totally understand that. These things are cool. I already want a Woodville Ebony 5 for home use, but I am waiting to see if I stick with this. But after today. I am almost positive I will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread