got some (Propylene Glycol Free) ejuice, but its too sweet and thick. How do i thin it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
Hello all!! So i bought a bunch of flavors from Kai's Virgin Vapors. By far the best Propylene Glycol free ejuice I've ever had imo. so the problem is its too thick and sweet. Google says add distilled water?? what do u guys and gals think???
so, i waas mixing it with other flavors with thinner consistency like Naked 100's Very BerrytBerry and Lava Flow and it tasted great BUT it obviously DEFEATS ths whole purpose because we all know Naked 100 has propylene glycol and I'm trying to be propylene glycol FREE!!! Any and all help how to get the best mixture with really any mix FREE of Propylene Glycol but this Kai's Virgin Vapors seems to be the one if i can just figure out a way to thin in out and not make it so sweet (google suggests simply distilled water but i trust you guys over Google any day! How many of you all are concerned about Propylene Glycol at high temps??? (we all know it turns into formaldehyde at the wattages we vape at. ) even though PG is in many products we eat and what no , it's unclear what effect is has while being smoked at high temperature.
Basically, even though Kai's Virgin Vapors is expensive, I've bought almost $300 worth of their ejuice because i don't know if they'll have to get rid of ceetain flavors because of what is going on with the ban! the,"vapocalypse.". Im trying to figure out the best mix of Kais Virgin Vapor. Google says add distilled water. see pic attached please. the Flavors are great but without the PG, they are sooo sweet and thick and just need to be thinned out a bit. I think i know what to do but you're help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Kai's Virgin Vapor
flavors:
Romancing the Strawberry
Blueberry or "Singing the Blues"
Plum Crazy
Blue Vango (Blueberry and mango)
Black Cherry Marshmallo (got the last 15ml bottle)
Razmatazz (Rasberry)
Wicked Watermelon

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
..(we all know it turns into formaldehyde at the wattages we vape at. )..
That's news to me about PG - as far as i am aware wattage has nothing to do with the breakdown of any e-liquid ingredients. Temperature has been shown to possibly be the cause of degradation, releasing similar chemicals as to those found in cigarette smoke but at a lesser concentration. I'm fairly sure that there is no reaction that can cause PG to turn into formaldehyde. That would be akin to magic.
Genuinely interested - where has this information come from and what are the variables ? Has VG been tested in a similar way and where can we find the unbiased results of such testing ?

P.S. Distilled water will do it.

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
That's news to me about PG - as far as i am aware wattage has nothing to do with the breakdown of any e-liquid ingredients. Temperature has been shown to possibly be the cause of degradation, releasing similar chemicals as to those found in cigarette smoke but at a lesser concentration. I'm fairly sure that there is no reaction that can cause PG to turn into formaldehyde. That would be akin to magic.
Genuinely interested - where has this information come from and what are the variables ? Has VG been tested in a similar way and where can we find the unbiased results of such testing ?

great feedback I'll have to post some links for you I'm just starting to learn more about propylene glycol myself. a few choice highly tested companies want their juices propylene glycol free for reasons that I don't fully understand yet. So I guess I kind of jumped the gun and bought way too much of this Kai's version vapor PG FREE E-JUICE Because it's a little bit more expensive so I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time trying to get a safer cleaner e-juice. I'll post a link so I found but I need to do some more research myself. you'll find people on the web saying they want their juice PG free... let's find out exactly why together If it's not formaldehyde then I want to find out why. a couple times I made my own mix of the PG-free juice with some other juices have with PG And it was quite good. some people say that's defying the point of it but at the same time you're getting less PG if it is in fact bad for you like they say. And by they I mean people all over the web I'll have to send you some links like I said Thanks again for your feedback

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    hahaaaa. i like that!!! nice reply to that stand-off ish comment that person made. plus, you did it with one of my favorite lines from a classic movie!
    Well 'that person' (@ppeeble) was quoting something you said and @UncleJunkle just, maybe mistakenly, didn't quote the original post that contained the 'stand-off ish' comment.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yes I mistakenly quoted ppeeble's quote of the OP's actual quote. My reply was not however.

Are we going to start spreading rumors that eliquid contains automobile antifreeze again?

Shall we also rehash popcorn lung rumor, too?

I thought we were through with that nonsense.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    ..so I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time trying to get a safer cleaner e-juice. I'll post a link so I found but I need to do some more research myself. you'll find people on the web saying they want their juice PG free.

Pretty sure it would be for those allergic to PG, and there really isn't any reason, other that greed, to have a higher cost to VG eliquid. Maybe, maybe, the flavorings are going to cost more as pg works better for mixing, but.. it's a stretch.

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020
    Pretty sure it would be for those allergic to PG, and there really isn't any reason, other that greed, to have a higher cost to VG eliquid. Maybe, maybe, the flavorings are going to cost more as pg works better for mixing, but.. it's a stretch.

good point. I wish I wouldn't have bought so much PG free juice now. but it's quite good with Kai's Virgin Vapors. I'm just about to add the distilled water tosto thin it out. a
    So, you haven't heard anything about how PG creates fermaldihyde when vaped? and that a PG free juice is much healthier in the long run??

I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS/GALS ARE RIGHT
    and PG is NOT bad for me at all!! And that people are just trying to charge more. I really hope that's the case. I'll look for those links and send out what I can find on it. there is no doubt that there are plenty of people that want PG free juice for some reason and I need to get to the bottom of this!!

• Optimistic
    Reactions: HigherStateD

Soundtech9

Aug 30, 2020

h/i
    Hello all!! So i bought a bunch of flavors from Kai's Virgin Vapors. By far the best Propylene Glycol free ejuice I've ever had imo. so the problem is its too thick and sweet. Google says add distilled water?? what do u guys and gals think???
    so, i waas mixing it with other flavors with thinner consistency like Naked 100's Very BerrytBerry and Lava Flow and it tasted great BUT it obviously DEFEATS ths whole purpose because we all know Naked 100 has propylene glycol and I'm trying to be propylene glycol FREE!!! Any and all help how to get the best mixture with really any mix FREE of Propylene Glycol but this Kai's Virgin Vapors seems to be the one if i can just figure out a way to thin in out and not make it so sweet (google suggests simply distilled water but i trust you guys over Google any day! How many of you all are concerned about Propylene Glycol at high temps??? (we all know it turns into formaldehyde at the wattages we vape at. ) even though PG is in many products we eat and what no , it's unclear what effect is has while being smoked at high temperature.
    Basically, even though Kai's Virgin Vapors is expensive, I've bought almost $300 worth of their ejuice because i don't know if they'll have to get rid of ceetain flavors because of what is going on with the ban! the,"vapocalypse.". Im trying to figure out the best mix of Kais Virgin Vapor. Google says add distilled water. see pic attached please. the Flavors are great but without the PG, they are sooo sweet and thick and just need to be thinned out a bit. I think i know what to do but you're help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Kai's Virgin Vapor
    flavors:
    Romancing the Strawberry
    Blueberry or "Singing the Blues"
    Plum Crazy
    Blue Vango (Blueberry and mango)
    Black Cherry Marshmallo (got the last 15ml bottle)
    Razmatazz (Rasberry)
    Wicked Watermelon

The Safest Vape Juice - Diacetyl free, Acetyl & Acetoin Free E-Juice

this is one lake I found that talks about something about PG, Not sure if it's the one that I read about PG being bad for you... I really hope it's not, I just I'm glad we started this open conversation. some healthy debating it's good for everyone and that's why I came to the site

Qew

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2012
    Michigan
    I used to buy VV all the time when Annette would mix it to however I wanted it. I had to quit when she went all VG, I can't vape more than about 40% VG. I seem to be doing fine using 60-70% PG for the past 8+ years.

Dr. F. studied the reports regarding pg, you might want to check out his conclusions.

Farsalinos Exposes Faults in Formaldehyde Vape Studies

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... (we all know it turns into formaldehyde at the wattages we vape at. ) even though PG is in many products we eat and what no , it's unclear what effect is has while being smoked at high temperature. ...

Help us out here.

High High of a Temperature do I need to Smoke a PG Based e-Liquid for these Formaldehyde to form? And how Much Formaldehyde is formed when I do?

BTW - I'm sure Glad that VG doesn't Break Down into anything Bad at "High Temperatures". Or Flavorants or Sweeteners either.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Reactions: Soundtech9
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread