• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Got TFA flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
So I got these tfa flavors:
Caramel (original)
Chocolate
Coffee
Mocha
Raspberry
Strawberry (original)
Sweet cream
Sweetener
Vanilla Swirl
Bavarian Cream

From hiliq : Blueberry, Kiwi

I've been searching the forums but can't seem to find a recipe that would fit these. I like fruits and anything sweet. I did make a 'Cafe Mocha' with a recipe from the TFA thread here and it tastes awesome, but I find that I can't vape it all day. Any suggestions?

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Since I got the flavors from AmeLiquid, I tried these 4 recipes:

1. Cinnamon Danish (my ADV for last couple of years)
Cinnamon Danish - 10%
Cotton Candy - 10%
Bavarian Cream - 3 - 6%

2. Cream Fantastico
Blueberry Extra - 8%
Strawberries & Cream - 7%
Vanilla Swirl - 5%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Cotton Candy - 4%
Sweetener - 2%

3. Mango Custard
Mango 11%
Cotton Candy 7%
Vanilla Custard 6%
Bavarian Cream 6%

4. Nuka Cola
Cola Syrup (TFA) 10%
French Vanilla (TFA) 10%
Menthol (TFA) .25%
Ethyl Maltol (TFA) 2%

Cinnamon danish and mango custard are good but Nuka Cola and Cream Fantastico are stellar! Next to try (once Ame has strawberry ripe in stock):

Bananaberry Milkshake
10% Banana Cream (TFA)
8% Strawberry ripe (TFA)
3% Sweet Cream (TFA)
1% Dairy (TFA)

3 of the above recipes are from 'Bill's Magic Vapor' here on this forum

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I too bit the bullet and bought some of the bakery/sweet flavours by Flavour Art; Custard, Jamaican Rum, Marshmallow, Meringue, Vanilla Classic, Coconut, Pineapple, and Vienna Cream. I figure these are a necessary component for under tones. I've been finding my juice lacking something so hopefully this will help. I've already got about 30 different TFA flavours and VZ super concentrates. Might be able to do something with some of the more obscure ones.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I too bit the bullet and bought some of the bakery/sweet flavours by Flavour Art; Custard, Jamaican Rum, Marshmallow, Meringue, Vanilla Classic, Coconut, Pineapple, and Vienna Cream. I figure these are a necessary component for under tones. I've been finding my juice lacking something so hopefully this will help. I've already got about 30 different TFA flavours and VZ super concentrates. Might be able to do something with some of the more obscure ones.

I think ONLY fruit juices desire a bit of something more. Do you buy in bulk (4 oz) now from TFA? I checked them out yesterday and they're really not that much expensive but I think I need more exploring before ordering so much of any flavor

You mentioned you like cherry cola flavor; try Nuka Cola, I think you'd love it. I severely disliked menthol cigarettes and I didn't think I'd enjoy it that much (only made a 5ml batch), but I had to make a 50ml batch soon :D

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Ya I buy direct from TFA, I bought my FA flavours from Ecigexpress. I've been buying from TFA direct for about a year now, and always in 30ml bottles. Like I've mentioned in the past it's really more expensive to buy from Ameliquid. I normally buy about 8 - 10 flavours at a time and it works out to about $8 for 30ml with shipping. But I just noticed their prices have gone up since the last time I purchased. ($5.50 - $6.50 for 30ml)

The Nuka cola sounds good, but I think I might swap the menthol for koolada. I don't mind a straight up vape of menthol every once in a while to clean my palette. But not sure I like it in my regular flavours. I also vape high VG and menthol does not mix well.

Bill's Magic Vapor recipes are great. He's a bit of a legend here at ECF.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Ya I buy direct from TFA, I bought my FA flavours from Ecigexpress. I've been buying from TFA direct for about a year now, and always in 30ml bottles. Like I've mentioned in the past it's really more expensive to buy from Ameliquid. I normally buy about 8 - 10 flavours at a time and it works out to about $8 for 30ml with shipping. But I just noticed their prices have gone up since the last time I purchased. ($5.50 - $6.50 for 30ml)

The Nuka cola sounds good, but I think I might swap the menthol for koolada. I don't mind a straight up vape of menthol every once in a while to clean my palette. But not sure I like it in my regular flavours. I also vape high VG and menthol does not mix well.

Bill's Magic Vapor recipes are great. He's a bit of a legend here at ECF.

I have koolada too. How is it different than menthol?

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
EcigExpress has a little bit of everything except for TFA flavour concentrates. But they do carry the "Signature" line which is made by TFA.

DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress

My favorites:

1. FlavorArt ...my absolute favourite supplier. I've gone to buying direct out of Italy now because I like them so much.
2. Capella Flavor Drops
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA).

Be careful about buying flavour concentrates, read up on diketones. VG and PG are readily available in Korea. Getting base nicotine will be your biggest issue.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Hey waddle, Im just curious to know why you think FlavorArt is so special? I tried a couple of their flavors from Ameliquid and the juices I made didnt really turn out to be that different from the juices made from TFA flavors.

And also, could you share your FlavorArt recipes?

I find with TFA the percentages must be so precise otherwise you get chemical or floral notes. I also tend to vape fruits with the odd dessert thrown in for variety. I find the FA fruits to taste more like real fruit rather than candy. For example Blueberry, I've tried 4-5 different flavors and they all seem off. The FA Bilberry actually tastes like Blueberry juice. With FA you don't really need much flavoring. I can usually hit them at about ~5% or less. I run 15ml through the microwave 8 seconds, 2 minute breather, x3, leave top off 24 hrs and that’s all I need for steeping

As far as favorite recipes, single flavor profiles are the best for me. However it all depends on my mood. For example I like Mandarin 5% and Vienna Cream 4% (Creamsicle ice cream), Pumpkin pie ( Pumpkin 10%, Pumpkin Spice 2%, Pie Crust 4%, Whipped Cream 2%, and Fresh Cream 2%). The FA Oranges are great...also the Mango. FA Strawberry (fantastic) mixed with Kiwi (50/50). Too many to pull off the top of my head.You just can't go wrong with FA flavors in my opinion...very forgiving flavors.

Capella Flavor Drops are also really great. Personally I like the Blueberry Cinnamon Crumple, Graham Cracker, Root Beer, Cola, and Grape (candy like).

These days I've shifted my focus away from the hardware and more to creating flavors. I mean like how many attys and mechs do you really need? Flavors you can never have enough. I figure I now have over 100 different flavors in my arsenal....and growing every few weeks :) I've also discouvered I quite like the Erlkonigin as my go to vape everyday. An amazing atomizer once you learn how to build it properly.

Glad to see you're still around nwasiq! How about you? Vaping anything interesting these days?

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I find with TFA the percentages must be so precise otherwise you get chemical or floral notes. I also tend to vape fruits with the odd dessert thrown in for variety. I find the FA fruits to taste more like real fruit rather than candy. For example Blueberry, I've tried 4-5 different flavors and they all seem off. The FA Bilberry actually tastes like Blueberry juice. With FA you don't really need much flavoring. I can usually hit them at about ~5% or less. I run 15ml through the microwave 8 seconds, 2 minute breather, x3, leave top off 24 hrs and that’s all I need for steeping

As far as favorite recipes, single flavor profiles are the best for me. However it all depends on my mood. For example I like Mandarin 5% and Vienna Cream 4% (Creamsicle ice cream), Pumpkin pie ( Pumpkin 10%, Pumpkin Spice 2%, Pie Crust 4%, Whipped Cream 2%, and Fresh Cream 2%). The FA Oranges are great...also the Mango. FA Strawberry (fantastic) mixed with Kiwi (50/50). Too many to pull off the top of my head.You just can't go wrong with FA flavors in my opinion...very forgiving flavors.

Capella Flavor Drops are also really great. Personally I like the Blueberry Cinnamon Crumple, Graham Cracker, Root Beer, Cola, and Grape (candy like).

These days I've shifted my focus away from the hardware and more to creating flavors. I mean like how many attys and mechs do you really need? Flavors you can never have enough. I figure I now have over 100 different flavors in my arsenal....and growing every few weeks :) I've also discouvered I quite like the Erlkonigin as my go to vape everyday. An amazing atomizer once you learn how to build it properly.

Glad to see you're still around nwasiq! How about you? Vaping anything interesting these days?

Thanks Waddle! I really appreciate your advice :)

I've been experimenting with a few different things. I've come to the same conclusion as you that you don't really need a variety of tanks and mods. I think that the flavor you can get from tanks these days just can't change dramatically like I used to expect after buying every new atty. For example, I've been messing with RDAs lately and after trying 3 (Magma, veritas, derringer), I dont really think that RDAs are worth it at all, since my subtank and lemo 2 give me more or less the same flavor, maybe slightly less. I'll give the FA fruits another try because the only recipes I've loved till now have been simple fruit recipes. I'm really shocked that I haven't found a single dessert ADV till now :(

As for my goto vape, it's the lemo 2 with its extremely easy top fill design. I also tried dual coils and they're just not for me. I mean the vapor is extreme but the vape itself, without being that much better flavor-wise, is just too intense for me.

I have an M class on the way too! I figured I needed a mod that would be good-looking enough, expensive enough and compact enough to stop myself from drooling over every other mod that comes out in this over populated market atleast for a year!

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I still like to chuck clouds once in a while, but I've generally moved back towards single coil atomizers like you. But this is probably due more to the fact that I find myself going through too much liquid and the time I spend constantly changing out wicks and coils on dual atomizers. I've never really liked RDAs either. Too much work dripping and the constant checking to make sure you don't get a dry hit. TC mods may change all that but I doubt it will be enough to change my mind.

I've also gone back to using my single battery mechanical mods, more often than not, for simple aesthetic and convenience sake. When out and about you just can't get a more pocket friendly set up than the Erlkonigin on a mechanical in 18350 mode. My quest now for the perfect vape will come from making the hardware I already own work. 15 atomizers and 10 mods is enough already. I may still fork out for an authentic Erlprinz since they are reasonably cheap (~$45 with free shipping from Austria), quality material and machining, have the best flavour profile of any atomizer I've tried, and most importantly to give something back to the innovators.

For dessert vapes try a few of the Capella flavours. I'm vaping on some CA Graham Cracker at the moment and it's quite good. Their chocolates are also quite popular. I recently made an adapted SB "Sucker Punch" facsimile and it turned out quite well. FA Dragon Fruit 2%, FA Strawberry 1%, FA Meringue 0.5%, and FA Vienna Cream 0.5%.

Let us know how you get on with the M class mod.

Regards!

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
That's the problem I find with TFA, some flavours 3% and others 10%. Too much and you get those chemical or floral notes. Too little ...well no flavour obviously. I've never gone as high as 15% with any TFA flavour. And I vape 80% VG. This may also be muting your flavours as far as I understand.

I find FA flavours more consistent and more forgiving.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I don't go that high with any one particular flavor, I meant total 15-20 % (3-4 flavors are how much I like to use at max). Anyway, I received many FA fruit flavors yesterday (AmeLiquid has a very nice 50% off on all flavorings these days). Pineapple, kiwi, bilberry, a costarica special mango, red touch flavor (strawberry), peach, orange and dragon fruit. I'll be trying that strawberry and kiwi mix you mentioned, anything else that you'd recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread