Gotta Start Somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntv8per

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
North Texas
Well, I've been lurking around the forum here for a few months but just now found the need to start posting. I was going to reply to a question in another thread and found out the posting restrictions.

I first found this forum back in June while starting to do research on e-cigs (kids were going to get me one for a late fathers day gift). After multiple googling runs I kept clicking on links that brought me here. So I finally quit searching around and just bookmarked this site.

Got my first e-cig (510) on July 5th and decided to put down the analogs after 35 yrs. Had two left in the pack (just in case). Smoked the first one after a few days just to "see how it was" and it was not that great any more. Had the second one (last one) about a week later and what a difference. The smell was very noticable although it hadn't bothered me in the past. The taste (and after taste) was NASTY to say the least. It's amazing what just a couple weeks can do to your senses once you allow them to start working again.
Plus not having to go outside or to the garage anymore to "get my fix" is really nice.

Found a local juice maker/parts suplier recently (4 miles from the house :banana:) which has made getting supplies and juice a breeze.

I guess now I just need to get these post counts up so I can reply and contribute a bit.

Ready to start a bit of DIY and see where that leads.

Happy Vapin to all :vapor:

ntv8per

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
North Texas
Just had a thought . . .

Hey chr1s234 if you happen to see this tread, I have an answer to your question you posted about finding a local dealer in the Fort Worth area in the "where can I get a...." forum section.

Vaporescence located in Denton about 30 minutes or so north of you. You can check out the site by adding .com to the shops name.

(ps. no affiliation, just a happy customer)

ntv8per

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
North Texas
I join you as a Texan and a recent Vape convert. 35 years, that is freaking amazing to have switched in less than 2 weeks. I applaud you on your decision and I hope to see more from you soon :)

Thanks ddarklighter :D
Yeah, all it took was the final "willingness" to quit. I had thought about it for years but was never ready. Others had always 'wished' I would quit, but "I" wasn't ready. I think finding out about the e-cig alternative finally did it. That and finally getting to the age where I started to think of the years ahead (and wanting to be here for them). I really think that without the e-cig I would still be hooked on analogs. It's a whole lot easier to 'put them down' knowing that there was another option other than cold turkey. Just wish I had found out about them before now.

ntv8per

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
North Texas
I know exactly what you mean. For me, the problem has been, literally, that I just LOVE to smoke - I love the flavor, I love the feel, just everything. To me, this is actually better than smoking, with or without nicotine.

EXACTLY:thumbs:
That was/is the same 'problem' that I faced. I love to smoke and so thinking about quiting was always the hard part. I wanted to continue to smoke but wanted a healthier alternative that I could "Live" with.
Switching over to the ecig has solved that problem. Now I can still smoke (even at work in the office without having to take a 'smoke break' and drive around the block) and dont have to worry so much about the side affects any longer. I also like the availability of all the different flavors. No more being stuck with a certain brand.
So not only has it saved me money on analogs, lighters, and gas for the short smoke trips, I don't stink up the place when I come walking back in.

ntv8per

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
North Texas
Welcome to the forums. It's nice to meet you.
My best friend lives in Spring, Texas. Spend a glorious week in July visiting her.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards,

Thanks for the welcome pkj. This is turning out to be the best forum I've found for information and a great group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread