gourmet vapor flavorings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I don't like marzipan, maraschino cherry, or anything but the real fruit, usually, so I never bought a cherry to "like" as I kind of assumed I wouldn't. Pineapple may be doable though, if more as an accent, hence the inquiry.

Don't even bother with the cherry, I've tasted enough artificial cherry that I've hated, to really not want to go down that trail. I'm supremely doubtful I would like any of them...

Anna
Anna, if you could find the holy grail cherry flavor we would be most appreciative. I love cherry and have been wanting to make juices with it but I'm skeptical too. Don't want to waste any VG on it if it doesn't taste natural.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
CGP is a great mixer for snv. You might try marzipan for a light maraschino cherry note. ELR flavor list has one or two, can't remember what brands for the maraschinos.
Maybe amaretto would be a good substitute for cherry if none of us can find a good one?

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The most highly rated pineapple flavor is Inawera Pineapple (not the Shisa.) CAP Golden Pineapple is well liked as well. Using the two together might be the key.

Maybe something like this:
1% Dragonfruit
2% CAP Golden Pineapple
4% Inawera Pineapple
1% Marshmallow or EM
1% TFA Smooth or FA MFS Flavor Wizard

I hope you find what you are looking for. There is nothing in a commercial juice that cannot be duplicated in DIY but it takes some kitchen chemistry to get there. Commercial e-liquids are usually very sweet, so you might want to add the sweetener of your choice to the mix.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
INW pineapple tastes like a decent pineapple juice to me. Not bad in a mix but needs a boost. It isn't like biting into a pineapple. I'm going to try
HS pa 1%
WF pa 2%
FA sicilian mix 1-2 drops (for bite)

Cap golden pineapple 3%
Cap sweet tangerine 4%
HS cream 1%
This is good, sometimes I skip the cream and add WF tangerine 1% + FA kiwi 2% (or TFA dragon fruit 2%) for a tangy not candy like mix.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The most highly rated pineapple flavor is Inawera Pineapple (not the Shisa.) CAP Golden Pineapple is well liked as well. Using the two together might be the key.

Maybe something like this:
1% Dragonfruit
2% CAP Golden Pineapple
4% Inawera Pineapple
1% Marshmallow or EM
1% TFA Smooth or FA MFS Flavor Wizard

I hope you find what you are looking for. There is nothing in a commercial juice that cannot be duplicated in DIY but it takes some kitchen chemistry to get there. Commercial e-liquids are usually very sweet, so you might want to add the sweetener of your choice to the mix.
I'm going to try this without the smooth/MFA. Will probably raise the DF a bit.

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Maybe amaretto would be a good substitute for cherry if none of us can find a good one?
Amaretto is great with pineapple but not a sub if you are striving for cherry. If you could find a good cherry candy a bit of amaretto may give it a maraschino feel.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
@Letitia and I are into trolling lite. I always try to stay on topic when running into her. Most of the time, except here, it rarely happens. CAP Golden Pineapple is not super sweet, but more juicy.

What Cherry do you like most? I always hear about that medicine taste if too much is used. I'm actually looking to get some Maraschino Cherry to make my Pineapple Upside Down Cake complete.

I will look out for those. CGP is not overpowering or candy like.
This one claims to be more natural: Delosi - Cherry Flavor Concentrate - Flavoring for Food, Drinks & Vaping

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I like a tangy bite with my citruses. I picked up some ap super sweet and hate it. Loving WF pixie stick candy too with my grapes, FW blood orange, limes, etc..

It reduces acidy but doesn't reduce the tang. A side benefit, it is good for coils and wicks. I love the stuff. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It reduces acidy but doesn't reduce the tang. A side benefit, it is good for coils and wicks. I love the stuff. :)
But you lose the tongue bite. I love the bite from overripe fruit; was so happy when I discovered there were ways to mimic this with diy and still maintain a pretty smooth th. I've used my MFS once. Will keep it for a just in case my tastes change, same reason I keep a couple spools of single round wire. I do get why people enjoy using it, I thought I would need it with my citrus heavy mixes but found I prefer to smooth with a simple cream or creamy type of flavor.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Surprisingly, or not, there is a huge chemical industry centered around flavorings. When a list of ingredients is found on a package, it only lists the chemicals that reach a threshold of content. And, above that, the term ingredient and chemical are inter-changeable. But, ingredients does sound a lot better from a sales point of view.

ImJustAvg

ECF Veteran
    Nov 3, 2010
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    My daughter did a DIY cherry that she started out from my cherry ham glaze that we were making for Easter. It started out with maraschino cherry juice, but then she ground up overripe cherries and simmered that for about twelve hours, then strained it. The trick was getting the VG/PG/nicotine and the cherry flavoring just right! But when she found the right mix it was great. Juicy but not too sweet - we used raw came sugar crystals which seemed like the factor that helped the most. But we strained out all the pulp with a clean pillow case! We ended up with about a half gallon of the perfect cherry vape. Which is now pretty well used up. So wanted to make more, but where we got the nicotine mix is no longer selling to private people. So need some suggested sources of supply for it! Any good recommendations?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You could check out nicotine wholesalers that are approved ECF vendors, and try some from there. Obviously, I don't have a flavor recommendation.

Also, what your daughter did sounds lovely, but generally that type of "DIY" isn't recommended on ECF. Sugars and particulate matter (even strained out) tends to cook on your coil, and it's not considered healthy for vaping, due to the introduction of a lot of undesirable "things" in the vape that tend to not vape well and/or will caramelize and crystalize on the coil. I have tried such a (brief) experiment early on, by adding a few drops of burgundy to a tank, once (I knew what would happen, and was curious what would happen, still). It wasn't good, those few drops immediately cooked on my coil and while it didn't taste awful well, it smelled exactly like curry. I replaced my coil and did a through cleaning of my tank and replace my coil, post haste. I'm still alive and vaping, but it's not a practice I would ever repeat. Etc.

So, while I can't recommend a specific cherry flavor and I think many of them would taste horrible to me (I loathe artificial cherry flavoring for the most part) my solution is to avoid it, not mix up a "real" cherry mix, as although it might improve taste, it really isn't considered safe, certainly less safe than artificial flavoring which at least has a track record in vaping. So, I would try to find a cherry you can tolerate and if failing that, I would just look into other fruits and flavors there are tons of good ones. My life won't end if I never get to vape "cherry" let me put it that way. I will be fine.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread