Gourmet Vapor sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameronbic

Dec 27, 2010
Albany, GA
I know this should belong in the e-liquid reviews forum, but being new I cannot post there.
For those that don't know, gourmetvapor.com is running a 60% off sale with the code of "VapeTV60".
Being new to the world of vaping, I see this as my opportunity to try out a bunch of different juices to see what best matches my tastes.

I have never bought from there and was wondering if anyone that has can suggest any particular flavors.
For reference I just got in two liquids from Juicy Vapors and they are rather meh; Banana Horchata and Caramel Butter Rum. The Banana Horchata tastes like cheap Banana schnapps and I don't know where the caramel went in the Caramel Butter Rum. I only taste Butter Rum (and mostly just rum, though it is not terrible.

Also, I see they have normal flavor, double-flavor and triple-flavor. I don't want anything too meek, so I assume double-flavor and the 80/20 mix is the way to go. But, not having bought there before, I am not sure if this is actually a bit much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
I purchased some juices from them awhile back, when they had a 40% off deal going on. I ordered them in double flavorings and at their recommended pg/vg percentages. While a few were so-so when vaped right away, I found them to be a lot more flavorsome when left to steep or age for at least 2 weeks. These are all made-to-order so they need the time for flavorings to meld for the best taste.

Just a note about their shipping. If you keep your order under $50 it is about $4.80 or so for shipping. The shipping goes up the more you spend...which I think really sucks because I feel that if you are dropping $100 or more (which I did because I was giving them as Christmas gifts), then they should cut you a deal or better yet, give you free shipping. I ended up paying over $11 in shipping charges for my $100 order, which by the way, was shipped in a box the size of the post offices smallest priority box (which runs somewhere in the vicinity of $5-6? I think) and it wasn't shipped Priority Mail!!

Last edited:

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
Anyone vaped both these and Backwoods brew for a comparison?

I have both, GV and BWB juices. My BWB is still in the aging process, but the taste is starting to come around. I got their Casablanca and Apple wood tobacco's. The Apple wood has a smooth tobacco taste with a nice light apple taste on the exhale. The Casablanca still seems to be pretty weak but I am getting a slight tobacco-cocoa taste starting to come thru. My GV juices are all coffee blends and hazelnut blends as they are what I enjoy vaping most of the time. Both BWB and GV have good juices, but I think that BWB makes a really good tobacco flavored juice, if that's what you're into.

VprNomi

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
WI
Maybe I just didn't find it in all the madness, but can anyone think of a good way to get that apple juice taste rather than green apple (or is that what their plain apple is?)?

Enter "apple" in the Gourmet Vapor search field & you'll find a whole list of different flavors (many created by customers) with apple in them. I remember seeing an apple cider flavor and you could probably make your own apple juice flavor there by starting with the apple cider or other recipe and omitting any spice flavors that you don't want for your own recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread