Greensmoke alternative flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photorise

Nov 15, 2011
Murrysville, PA
Hello e-smokers,

I'm brand new to this forum, but have been vaping since August 2011 and haven't smoked a single cigarette since.
WooHoo! (i know) :)

I found 2 old threads (which have been closed) by a few people trying to figure out an alternative to Greensmoke
flavors specificlly: Absolute tobacco and Red Label, but there didn't seem to be any reputable answers at the time.
A few people suggested some specific stores and flavors, but they were most likely trying to sell their own product.

I was wondering if anyone has come across anything similar to the above mentioned flavor since.

I'm perfectly happy with two flavors I've getting from litecigusa (DesertShip 1st choice and USA Mix 2nd),
but I happened to try my friends greensmoke and liked their flavors as well. Well, not enough to give up
my 808s and Egos for rebranded and overpriced E9s, but if I could find those flavors elsewhere it would be a great
addition to my favorites :)

Please post if you have come across any flavors that are either identical or at least reassemble the Greensmoke ones.

Thank you!
Gene

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you vape a lot you could try experimenting with DIY. It's not the same as Dekang but Flavourart makes a Desert Ship flavoring (Liberty-Flights.com may have the flavoring, and I know FreedomSmokeUSA has the flavoring and the juice). Flavourart probably has close to a dozen different tobacco flavorings.

I just picked up some Double Chocolate Clear flavoring at The Perfumer's Apprentice (I hate flavoring sediment since it clogs cartos and gunks up attys and that one sounds clearer). Chocolate or cocoa added to Desert Ship or DK-TAB (Turkish American Blend) or any tobacco juice can add a familiar scent since most US cigs have cocoa in them (like every brand I have ever smoked Parliament, Marlboro, Capri, Pall Mall and more). It also adds a richness to the flavor.

OneStopDIYShop and DIYFlavorShack sell DIY kits. Since I use cartos and use high PG juices if I bought a kit I would choose PG base for the nic and the base, then separately buy some VG.

And BTW Greensmoke is KR808D-2 aka E9. Same threading as Smoke 51 Duo and red Dragon. The more popular threading is KR808D-1 - pretty much a twin but that's the threading 3rd party carto makers etc support. You can get a D2 to D1 adapter at LeCig and use KR808D-1 cartos 2 including prefills and blanks from Vapor4Life and the other style at SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet, Halocigs G6 and I know V4L and SI has some sample packs of cartos.

Last edited:

Photorise

Nov 15, 2011
Murrysville, PA
Thank you for the info. I have been trying to avoid the DIY process, but maybe some day I'll try it.
For now I'm using KR808-1D and EgoT switching between the two occasionally.

My favorite performer is Ego battery with either 510 or 808 carts.

Yesterday I received my 1L of Dekang Desert Ship 12mg. 75%VG/25%PG juice which should keep me going for months!

I am still interested in finding more good flavors and Greensmoke flavors are on my list of flavors to find, but so far the secret is kept pretty well. I'm sure eventually someone will come across the juice that they use.

Are there any advantages in making your own juice besides the savings?

Thanks! Gene

Photorise

Nov 15, 2011
Murrysville, PA
Yes, 75VG sounds very thick, I meant to say 75PG/25VG :)

Those flavors you mentioned sound weird, but you never know. I have not liked any non tobacco flavors so far and
didn't find any of the ones I tried to resemble their name whatsoever.

I tried:

Creamy Cappuccino that had great reviews and thought it smelled more like smoked bologna.
Smooth Cuban Cigar - bitter weird taste, but once again not a cigar taste.
Tiramisu - ok, I was asking for trouble ordering that one :) I still have no idea what it tastes like, but not tiramisu :)

So I stopped buying not tobacco. I would love to find something tasty and non invasive for everyday use as vaping
is no longer a cigarette substitute for me, but a habit of it's own.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Not so weird. Most US cigs have cocoa in them. Marlboro for example. Pall Mall, Winston, Parliament, my old fave Capri.

A number of people have made their favorite everyday tobacco juice by adding some chocolate or cocoa juice to a tobacco juice. It was a key factor in my satisfaction with the aroma of tobacco vapes.

As for the other - I carry 2 PVs with contrasting flavors, usually a cocoa tobacco and a very sweet vanilla. Each refreshes my taste buds and desire for the other. But occasionally I get bored and want a fruit vape as a change of pace. And at home I usually have some ecig set up with a 0-nic fruit juice for when I am vaping to much (pacifier PV).

The first 2 months I could only vape tobacco juices. But I was able to add increasing amounts of other juices to my tobaccos (vanilla, cocoa, caramel, peach, etc) to change up the vape during the day when I only had one ecig. Those first 3 flavors are all similar to flavor ingredients in many real cigarettes (though molasses or honey, not caramel). Now I like to vape those flavors sometimes by themselves.

Last edited:

Photorise

Nov 15, 2011
Murrysville, PA
Well, maybe the problem is that I got all of my non tobacco juices from one place and should try some others.
It just happened that I wasted over $30 at once, so quickly lost interest in experimenting, but it's been a while
and I should try some other stores I guess. Where do you get your everyday stuff?

Do you recommend getting that USA Mix RED we discussed earlier? I tried their USA Mix (not the red one) and
still prefer their Desert Ship if it helps you understand my taste.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I eventually tried to space out my juice buying and started keeping a list whenever I saw glowing reviews of a flavor I thought I'd like. (instead of immediately buying that juice and a 1/2 dozen others somewhere). My lucking with liking juices is about 1 out of 10. My luck with loving juices is about 1 out of 25.

But the first couple of months what I ended up doing the most was just experimenting in the cart or carto. I carried Desert Ship and 2 juices to flavor it with (would just grab the two I felt like out of cocoa, chocolate, vanilla and a sweet caramel RY4). And I used up my first "Tobacco" eliquid at home by adding Peach (which made it a good stealth vape for ladies room stalls - left a peach scent)

Re Desert Ship - I have never tried the Dekang version. The one I used was probably stronger and a bit more pungent - FreedomSmokeUSA Desert Ship (which is made with Flavourart Desert Ship flavoring). I liked that its nutty pungent Turkish tobacco smell reminded me of a freshly opened pack of smokes. I moved away from that eventually due to the fiance not liking the smell in his car and people at the office not liking the smell either. The juices I use now don't bother anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread