• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Greetings all Active, Guard, Reserve and Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeo

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Central Illinois
Just wanted to say hello..

I am prior service Army E-7 Military Police officer... Served for 12 years with 5 deployments (3 Iraq and 2 Afghanistan)... Last deployment did me in so now im just recovering and vaping! lol

[edited]

Hello and welcome. E-6 with 15 years and 4 deployments, current one nearly over.

I guess we can let the Army in. :D

(Retired AF here)

Hey retired1, I actually like the AF. Spent half my time stationed on AF Bases.

Hello, im E-5 in the Louisiana Army National Guard with 8 1/2 years in still have 4 1/2 left with 1 deployment.

Howdy. E-6 with 11yrs Army and 2 deployments here.

Thank you guys, job well done. I'm just an old vet from by-gone years...It warms my heart to see you getting the respect you deserve. Again, thank you...

Spiceman1967

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Lompoc, CA, USA
Cheers to you that currently serve and those that have serveed. I was once asked what it feels like to be retired from the armed forces. My reply is that I am humbled. I spent 26 years in the Air Force, did my share. But I never stormed the beaches of Normandy or pushed through the jungles of Vietnam. I wasn't there kicking in doors in Baghdad or dodging sniper fire in Afghanistan. I am humbled because to be a veteran puts me in a class of people that I can't hold a candle too.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Hey y'all!
Retired from the Army system in 2005 as an E7 from Virginia, 92Y4H. Never went anywhere (one reason I retired..) A few years after I retired I moved to Texas and joined the Texas State Guard, the official Texas Militia. Got myself deployed to the Texas/Mexico border for 2 years (where I started vaping!!) and just left them last year as a SMG.
Also, grew up as a Corps brat, so nothing bad to say about Marines! ;)
Sometimes bad stuff about the Air Force... Best friend was in that.. Guess he was the only one I talked bad about them to ;)

Now, see, if ya'd all used a vault door........ Oh.. never mind.. I use to crack those... :O

MarvelMyxer

Jan 8, 2015
Franklin, IN
It is a shame that the old farts, your words not mine, lol, didn't get the same respect. I love chatting with and hearing stories from older vets, and i always make sure to thank them, because i know they didn't get the same reception and treatment i do. Good to see other vets on here, hopefully making a decision to make themselves better by getting off the cigs. Keep it up and look forward to talking with all of you.

Cavenerd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
Bahamas
First off. My hats off to all of you - Active, retired and reserve.

There are very few that have not had the privilege of service that understand what being a veteran means. Sadly, this means that we often do not get the respect and thanks I truly think we, especially you who fought wars before I was even born, deserve. So, it's not much, but my most profound and fervant "thank you" to all your service.

BTW:
I'm an active duty USN CPO (E7). 21 years of service. Ten deployments, three wives and nine years overseas.

Cheers to you all.

33f6h01.gif

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
First off. My hats off to all of you - Active, retired and reserve.

There are very few that have not had the privilege of service that understand what being a veteran means. Sadly, this means that we often do not get the respect and thanks I truly think we, especially you who fought wars before I was even born, deserve. So, it's not much, but my most profound and fervant "thank you" to all your service.

BTW:
I'm an active duty USN CPO (E7). 21 years of service. Ten deployments, three wives and nine years overseas.

Cheers to you all.

33f6h01.gif

Salute! And while that word may seem that I'm saying cheers, it also explains what I did when I read your post.

Thank you for your service! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread