Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO.
Evening All,
Been lurking for a few weeks trying to absorb all the information I could, decided it was time to sign up. Been vaping for about 2weeks now...still hanging on to the analogs too :blush:, but have reduced them from PAD +/- to 3-5 a day. Getting there slowly I suppose.

Currently running eGo-T upgrade & eGo-C Twist with Kanger PT II Mini's and a mini BCC. Nothing too fancy....yet

Anywho...back to the learning.

JimmyB

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Don't feel bad about still having your smokes, I didn't quit right away when i started vaping. Took me almost a month of vaping before I joined ECF to actually put down the pack. It happens when it happens, I found weening off slowly was the easiest way for me to finally quit. Sooner than later you'll dislike the taste of stinkies and it will happen for you, as it happened for me.

Congrats on your start!

dash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Colorado
Hello Colorado!
Metro area resident here.
You have some great vape shops in the Springs! Took a trip up there a while back to check them out.
Congratulations on your choice to give this a try. For me, one day my ejuice just tasted way better than a smoke and the rest is history. Oh I still think about having a smoke once in a while but my reasoning is; it took too long for all that crud to work its way out of my system, why would I reintroduce it back? Nope, I'm done with them for good!
Best wishes for your success! :vapor:

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I winged myself off of cigarettes when I began vaping. It took about 15 days, or the end of a carton that I had bought while waiting on my starter kit. It can be done! I just decided once that carton was done not to smoke anymore and just depend on vaping. It was amazingly easy. Easier than I'd imagined it would be. Good luck to you and happy vaping!! :vapor:

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I also gave up the mess of cigs when I started vaping. I ordered a starter kit and decided to buy a couple of disposables while I waited for it, so as not to give myself an excuse to buy a pack or two while waiting. BIG difference between the disposables and the Greensmokes I got. Not sure I would have quit with just disposables, which I thought were pretty pricey. I am feeling a ton better now and it's only been couple of weeks. Hang in there. You will soon wonder why the heck you smoked cigarettes in the first place.

JimmyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO.
Hi there..Hey there..Ho there everyone.
Thanks for all the welcomes and encouragement. I think I just need to find the right combination of flavors, and actually do it. I have quit before, once for Uncle Sam...but picked it back up, and another time using Chantix...but figured a cigar around the campfire wouldn't hurt... oops!

Just to put my mind to it an do it. I love being able to vape in my house, where I never smoked before.

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping from a Denverite. Glad you found and joined ECF. I think a lot of us have quit or tried to quit a time or two (or twenty-two). Switching to vaping is one of the best decisions I've made and I am grateful to the folks here for being supportive and friendly. You can do this and this community will support you, whether you quit or not. I remember people telling me to count the ones we didn't smoke, not the ones we smoked. For me it was a pretty seamless transition which was great.

We each have our own vaping journey and I am glad you are sharing your experience.

Hang in there. Drink lots of water and have backups to your gear and backups for your backups. I don't ever want a dead battery or other equipment failure to tempt me back to smoking. And now, I enjoy vaping so much more than I did smoking. The variety of flavors is great. It is fun to sample, experiment and try new ones. I'll be placing an order for some juice later this week and will be adding a sample pack of juice to it so I can try 5 new flavors. So many flavors, so little time.

Keep the vape and namaste.

JimmyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO.
I hear you one the vaping in the house. I never had an analog in the house and sucks standing out when it's snowing bad out for an analog. Vaping inside on the couch with a beer is more my style.

Totally agree with you there...definitely prefer watching it snow (like now) from the comforts of my couch :)

JimmyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO.
Hello Jimmy and welcome to ECF.

Thanks Keyman!

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping from a Denverite. Glad you found and joined ECF. I think a lot of us have quit or tried to quit a time or two (or twenty-two). Switching to vaping is one of the best decisions I've made and I am grateful to the folks here for being supportive and friendly. You can do this and this community will support you, whether you quit or not. I remember people telling me to count the ones we didn't smoke, not the ones we smoked. For me it was a pretty seamless transition which was great.

We each have our own vaping journey and I am glad you are sharing your experience.

Hang in there. Drink lots of water and have backups to your gear and backups for your backups. I don't ever want a dead battery or other equipment failure to tempt me back to smoking. And now, I enjoy vaping so much more than I did smoking. The variety of flavors is great. It is fun to sample, experiment and try new ones. I'll be placing an order for some juice later this week and will be adding a sample pack of juice to it so I can try 5 new flavors. So many flavors, so little time.

Keep the vape and namaste.

ccubed...where are you ordering from? I am sure there is a thread on here I haven't found yet that recommends the good and the ones to stay away from online. I have seen Mt Baker referenced quite a bit. I have two main B&M's here in the springs, one is good for equipment (mainly eGo) and the other has a pretty decent juice selection, but was thinking of branching out some. I think I just need to find a good flavor, just not sure what I will like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread