The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

Greetings from newbie

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by FloydianSlip, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FloydianSlip

FloydianSlip Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2013
    The Astral Plane
    Heya folks!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and to thank all for making this site such a great place for learning.

Analog free for one full month now and loving it. The smoke shop where I'd buy tar sticks however is not loving it.

Take care all and keep on vaping! :vapor:

2. notdanielbutdaniel

notdanielbutdaniel Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

^5. Awesome to hear, I'm about 9 days in and looking forward to making the month milestone.

3. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
  4. chimsweep

chimsweep Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    Hardwick, Ma
    Welcome, I was just perusing the Dark Side of the Moon forum and thought I would pass on some encouragement, as I haven't been on here in a while. When I first started vaping I lived on this forum so I could learn some basics and for the mutual support. Now with summer here and very little knowledge I have been busy but vaping. :toast: Congratulations on your current path....you are going to love it....and hopefully you get to the point of no return. The smell of the ashtray out on the smoking bench turns my stomach. I still have the same orignal 6 stinkies I had when I got my first Ego C kit in the mail, I don't need them for a security blanket anymore. It's just that they are in my winter vest and I haven't bothered to throw them out in the middle of this heatwave!! Just wanted to send you a message of encouragement and to let you know the road ahead is great. vape on.:toast:

5. jpwr25

jpwr25 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    Congratulations on the switch and welcome to ECF! Keep on vaping and don't look back!

6. FloydianSlip

Jul 22, 2013
    The Astral Plane
    Thanks all for the greetings and words of encouragement. I'm with you Chim... I do not miss the stench of ashtrays and a smoke filled music room one bit and I am not looking back. Life's about moving forward and that's my direction with this. :)

7. chellemakepeace

chellemakepeace Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    I am also a newer vaper. I cannot believe how simple it was to pick this up and lay down the stinky ciggs.

Hang in there, and enjoy the forum! Everyone has been really awesome to me so far!

8. Kablah

Kablah Full Member Verified Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Miami, FL
    Newbie here as well. Congrats on the switch! But if you have an addictive personality(like me) be prepared to see your expenses go up! Lol good luck and welcome.

9. chimsweep

Mar 2, 2013
    Hardwick, Ma
    That's because you haven't run into The Ocelot yet!!!! ;):D

10. FloydianSlip

Jul 22, 2013
    The Astral Plane
    So I take it the Ocelot is to be feared Chim?

11. chimsweep

Mar 2, 2013
    Hardwick, Ma
    I am putting my life in danger speaking on this subject.......I will say this "Don't be fooled" the best comparison I can make is this training film.....Holy Grail - Killer Bunny - YouTube good luck.

12. GoCleanYerRoom

GoCleanYerRoom Moved On

Jul 23, 2013
    Somerville, NJ
    Hey guys, I'm new also... could NOT believe how easy it was to switch from analogs to PVs. My wife and I have been at it for a week, and we are both hooked (more on the hobby aspect than the nic replacement, even). Plan on saving lots of money... once the hobby obsession has died down... and I've bought like 25 more PVs... ... like maybe a year from now,... or so... :blush:
    Just kindly let me keep fooling myself, please.

13. FloydianSlip

Jul 22, 2013
    The Astral Plane
    Duly noted and thank you good sir. :)

14. Ribs

Ribs Full Member

Apr 11, 2012
    MA
    welcome to ECF and vaping, best of luck on your road to finding the perfect setup.

Smoked my last analog on Jan 16 2012, and threw out my "security blanket" pack about two months after that.

Side note, I still have (and use daily) one of my original Joyetech ego batteries.

15. FloydianSlip

Jul 22, 2013
    The Astral Plane
    Congratulations on that achievement Ribs and good to know you are still getting life out of an ego battery that old. :)

16. CheekyChica

CheekyChica Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 24, 2013
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Hi & Welcome!

Congrats on your new journey into this unique vaping subculture! Im almost at my 3 month analog free mark and I feel soo much better! I breathe easier, feel better and look better too! :p Good luck to you and don't get frustrated, if you need help just ask! ECF is a great community of support and knowledge. :toast:

17. Ribs

Ribs Full Member

Apr 11, 2012
    MA
    Yeah, I am surprised sometimes still. My other original battery died, only because I dropped it directly onto the button!
    Needless to say, I am a devoted fan of the Joyetech brand eGo.

18. Saintnick001

Saintnick001 Full Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Florida
    Oh well. Guess they'll have to just deal with it. You're one of us now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.