Greetings! Introduction and Technical Question regarding wicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

CigmundFreud

Nov 3, 2014
Coral Springs, Fl
Hello. I'm 27 and I've been smoking for almost a year. It started out with 2 a day, and now it's at 10. I can see where it's heading and I've decided to nip it in the ..... With that, I'm very excited to get into vaping! My best friend ordered the halo g6. I tried it out. It's very nice, but I find the draw to be too "open", and the vapor production not quite as much as I'd like. So anyways I did as much research as I could, and I settled on getting the Joyetech eCom Mega. It's a big boy compared to the g6 for sure, but I get a VV battery and the future option of upgrading to an atomizer with adjustable airflow. And I've heard nothing but positive reviews about the joyetech delta atomizer and c3 atomizer heads.

So anyways, I have a technical question if anyone knows. I've heard that the Aspire bvc coils apparently use ceramic wicking. Does anyone know if the joyetech c3 atomizer head use ceramic wicking for their coils or is it just cotton? I'd like to stay away from the ceramic wicking coils for now until more research is done on their safety.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Check out ReadyXwick, it's a ceramic wick that is treated the right way. And they do it all in-house. The 2mm is small. I boil mine for the hour as is suggested on the site. It wicks a little better with the boiling done to it and it adds absolutely NO taste to juices. And lasts and lasts. Some people have gotten three months on a wick, because you can dry burn it clean. So, changing juice flavors is as-easy-as-pie. I was using mesh, but read about hexavalent chromium in it. ( Think Julia Roberts in "Erin Brockovich")
Vape on and on and on................

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
Check out ReadyXwick, it's a ceramic wick that is treated the right way. And they do it all in-house. The 2mm is small. I boil mine for the hour as is suggested on the site. It wicks a little better with the boiling done to it and it adds absolutely NO taste to juices. And lasts and lasts. Some people have gotten three months on a wick, because you can dry burn it clean. So, changing juice flavors is as-easy-as-pie. I was using mesh, but read about hexavalent chromium in it. ( Think Julia Roberts in "Erin Brockovich")
Vape on and on and on................

The OP is asking about the wicking material in factory made heads, not rebuilt atomizers.

CigmundFreud

Nov 3, 2014
Coral Springs, Fl
Thanks for the input. My Joyetech Ecom Mega got held up with shipping issues and I was able to cancel the order. I'm glad because now I ordered the Kanger Emow Mega. It comes with both VV and airflow adjustment so I'll be all set from the get go. Another thing that's great is that the Kanger upgraded dual coils are way cheaper than Aspire's bvcs or the Joyetech c3's.

I'm just worried that all the new coils from these companies are going to be switching over to have some sort of ceramic filament in them. I don't know if the Kanger upgraded dual coils do or not. Just wish I could be secure knowing they use plain old cotton for the wicking. On another note, I'm patiently waiting for a new iStick to come out that uses rms instead of mean voltage.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for the input. My Joyetech Ecom Mega got held up with shipping issues and I was able to cancel the order. I'm glad because now I ordered the Kanger Emow Mega. It comes with both VV and airflow adjustment so I'll be all set from the get go. Another thing that's great is that the Kanger upgraded dual coils are way cheaper than Aspire's bvcs or the Joyetech c3's.

I think you did well to get the emow rather than the Joyetech.

As for the atomizer business, don't be fooled. The Kangers are cheap but don't last long. The BVCs are 50% more expensive but last 100% longer.
As much as it pains me to say, the C3 Joyetech is actually a superb little atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread