Griffin 25 Plus pouring juice out of the bottom air flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanrus47

Feb 1, 2017
Prince Edward Island
Just got the Griffin 25 Plus today, had my coils all ready. Watched countless videos on building and wicking. Got the coils in and wicked not too much was looking pretty good to me. Primed the coils got it all together, opened up the juice control and air control. I hit that bad boy,1,2,3 times. Looked at it and 3/4 of the tank of juice is running down my hand. WTF..... WHY????? In all the video I've watched not one said anything about not opening the juice control. EVERY one of them said this is the greatest tank ever "No Leaking"..... Easiest tank to wick. How could I trust this thing as an everyday addy that I carry in a pocket? I just don't get it, I'm I doing something wrong? This is my life now being covered in juice all day. I fluffing hate being covered in juice.
Sorry for the rant quit smoke 18 days ago, cranky is not the word for my mood. I could kill someone with my bear hands for looking at my wrong. No joke
Now I'm going back to all those videos and post warning that these tanks will leak BADLY.

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Just got the Griffin 25 Plus today, had my coils all ready. Watched countless videos on building and wicking. Got the coils in and wicked not too much was looking pretty good to me. Primed the coils got it all together, opened up the juice control and air control. I hit that bad boy,1,2,3 times. Looked at it and 3/4 of the tank of juice is running down my hand. ........ WHY????? In all the video I've watched not one said anything about not opening the juice control. EVERY one of them said this is the greatest tank ever "No Leaking"..... Easiest tank to wick. How could I trust this thing as an everyday addy that I carry in a pocket? I just don't get it, I'm I doing something wrong? This is my life now being covered in juice all day. I fluffing hate being covered in juice.
Sorry for the rant quit smoke 18 days ago, cranky is not the word for my mood. I could kill someone with my bear hands for looking at my wrong. No joke
Now I'm going back to all those videos and post warning that these tanks will leak BADLY.
You mean paws?!

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
We're happy to help but we need more info on how you wicked it.

Under the ring
Resting on top of hole
Etc

Also did you make sure your ring is tight? When you took it apart after the spill did you check to make sure he wick didn't move when you assembled. Also that o ring comment above. If your missing one. No vacuum will lead to instant dumping.

Tips for the future. I fill. Then turn upside down. Then open juice control to release any extra pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gallant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    how you wicked it.

Under the ring
    Resting on top of hole
    Etc

Also did you make sure your ring is tight?
    25 plus does not have a ring it has juice holes instead you just need to place your wick into the holes & make sure they are away from air flow channels
    As of the o ring there is a white o ring on the bottom of the build deck if it is not there use 1 of the spare o rings that came with it in the bag.

Tips for the future. I fill. Then turn upside down. Then open juice control to release any extra pressure.
    That might help, I have noticed that it only leaks out the bottom if I fill it all the way. If I only put 3 mm in it seems fine. Only opening the juice control a tiny little bit helps. I put new coils in I made the ID bigger. 3mm instead of 2mm I have enough cotton in there now to plug a leaking boat. Ok 10 mins. later and it didn't all leak out, but still there is some juice in the bottom air hole. It seems like there's just too much juice on the deck to the point where it over flows into the air hole. Could I be making the wick too short? If I remember after this tank I'll take a pic.

IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0073.JPG
    That's the best pics I could get on this old POS phone. I think there is too much cotton this time. It didn't just drain like the first time, but there was juice on it every time I picked it up. I just don't understand how it not going to over flow into the air holes? Is the wick going to stop it from overflowing the air holes? Do I poke the wick through the small holes on top of the deck into the big juice slot? If so how much and how far down?I just don't get it .....I'm lost. I might fill the big juice slots with cotton. If I was going to change the deck on this there won't be small little hole on top, why not have a channel right to the bottom and fill the hole thing with cotton.
    I'll try again

Last edited:

Gallant

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Dec 4, 2013
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Is the wick going to stop it from overflowing the air holes?
    Just make sure your wick is away from the air holes
    Do I poke the wick through the small holes on top of the deck into the big juice slot? If so how much and how far down?
    No they just need to sit in the big juice slots on top of the small holes

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 23, 2017
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Language not Appropriate for ECF
    Ok I think I figured it out. I took it all apart and very very closely with a magnifying glass looked at all the threads. What I found was the chimney was not tightening down all the way, because the o-ring at the base of the deck is new and it need more force then I was using. I guess I was a bit scared of over tightening. I took it off and put it back on a few time. Now it treads on really smoothly and seats nice and tight. I have 10 + hours in with a full tank with NO LEAKS. Maybe a tiny bit of juice on the juice control threads, nothing to get upset over.
    I want to thank everyone that was helping me, you guys rock and thanks for putting up with this cranky old man :) Peace

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 23, 2017
    Ok I think I figured it out. I took it all apart and very very closely with a magnifying glass looked at all the threads. What I found was the chimney was not tightening down all the way, because the o-ring at the base of the deck is new and it need more force then I was using. I guess I was a bit scared of over tightening. I took it off and put it back on a few time. Now it treads on really smoothly and seats nice and tight. I have 10 + hours in with a full tank with NO LEAKS. Maybe a tiny bit of juice on the juice control threads, nothing to get upset over.
    I want to thank everyone that was helping me, you guys rock and thanks for putting up with this cranky old man :) Peace
    Glad u got it worked out!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4lph4num3r1c
    Ok update on the Griffin 25 plus....I'm wicking it fine as far as I can tell. It still leaks tho and really pissing me off. It all has to do with the chamber and the way it all screws together. The only way it won't leak is if you put the chamber on first and tighten the crap out of it, I mean taking a pipe wrench and a 4' piece of pipe on the handle crossed my mind. Now after it's filled and on your mod now ......NEVER EVERY turn any piece of it counterclockwise, because if you do the chamber will loosen and you will end up with juice every where, including in your mod. Now there is no way to tighten the chamber back without taking the hole tank apart, because turning the tank clockwise just spins the juice control ( or am I missing something?) So once on I can't change tanks, or fill the tank, or even adjust the juice control in a counterclockwise direction without taking the everything apart and starting all over again. So what I'm thinking now is the threads in the chamber are f.u.b.a.r. really tight to screw on and way too easy to loosen.
    geekvape-exploded-view-of-griffin-25-plus.jpg
    I getting the feeling that this is going to be a big waste of money, I can't trust it as far as I can throw a barn. On a side note will juice fry my Smok Alien mod? How much moisture will it take?tanks I getting the feeling that this is going to be a big waste of money, I can't trust it as far as I can throw a barn. On a side note will juice fry my Smok Alien mod? How much moisture will it take?

Last edited:
    Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Ok update on the Griffin 25 plus....I'm wicking it fine as far as I can tell. It still leaks tho and really pissing me off. It all has to do with the chamber and the way it all screws together. The only way it won't leak is if you put the chamber on first and tighten the crap out of it, I mean taking a pipe wrench and a 4' piece of pipe on the handle crossed my mind. Now after it's filled and on your mod now ......NEVER EVERY turn any piece of it counterclockwise, because if you do the chamber will loosen and you will end up with juice every where, including in your mod. Now there is no way to tighten the chamber back without taking the hole tank apart, because turning the tank clockwise just spins the juice control ( or am I missing something?) So once on I can't change tanks, or fill View attachment 635901 I getting the feeling that this is going to be a big waste of money, I can't trust it as far as I can throw a barn. On a side note will juice fry my Smok Alien mod? How much moisture will it take?

I ordered a 25+ last week, it's not here yet. After reading your post I don't know that I want it!

Reactions: daviedog
    I ordered a 25+ last week, it's not here yet. After reading your post I don't know that I want it!
    I don't know anything about vaping just really started 4 weeks ago, so your mileage may differ .....you as well as others might think I'm crazy or I might have gotten a bad one, or at this point I may be loosing my mind :confused:

Reactions: ChelsB

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 23, 2017
    I don't know anything about vaping just really started 4 weeks ago, so your mileage may differ .....you as well as others might think I'm crazy or I might have gotten a bad one, or at this point I may be loosing my mind :confused:
    I'm thinking you have a bad one. I get no leaks from mine. Haven't heard anyone with leak issues on this tank

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread