Griffon 25+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
got my griffon today and built it.
Wow what a diffrence day and night just does not really cover it.
the nic hit is bliss now.

however I am having leaking out the bottem air flow holes I could really appreciate some advice on how to fix this. I watched several vid's on the griffon and on wicking in general I thought I did every thing ok.

Reactions: stols001

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
IIRC the Griffon suffered from leaking due to the cotton touching the lip of the air channel and seeping liquid into said channel. putting the coil closer to the air port and keeping the cotton away from that port should help to prevent that, when rewicking it be sure to keep the moistened cotton away from the air port and you should be golden.

• Useful

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
The Griffin 25+ is an absolute b**ch to wick and I always struggled to get it leak free.
Build your coils wide enough, so they are as wide as the airflow tubes.
Use a lot of cotton. And I mean A LOT. I cut the tails at about double the length compared to other RTAs and pack it tight into the juicewell.
If the leaking still doesn't stop, poke some of that cotton through the juice holes. But don't overdo it or you'll get a massive dry hit.

• Informative

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
Thank you folks, I pulled the tank appart and spread my coil to be wider really need to find a good way to space my coils anyway I also trimed my wick a bit and made sure the wick was not touching the air holes. So far with a full tank no leaking I am xing my fingers.

Edit
It's been a good while and no leaks. sweet.
Out of paranoia one thing I am doing is when I am done vapeing I close the juice hole and then vape on it 3-4 good pulls to hopefully empty the resivor a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread