guessing game: which 2.5 will be the last to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
D'ja call, E? ;)

I'm pretty sure they have gone the way of the fondly remembered vendors at this point (tho I have no intimate knowledge of such).
I didn't call, I did do an ECF search for Loki Lab and the results were rather old, so I just figured they probably faded away. I liked Loki Lab products, I have several of their Odin BF atomizers and they made a really nice stubby drip tip. On my last order which was quite some time ago, they threw in an extra drip tip and some o-rings.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Me too (looked for them often), as I really wanted to get one of their drip tips for DPL. It's one of his faves, and I thought backupbackupbackup. But I could never find it. :(

I THINK it's called the Router...

IMG_0066.jpg

JAWS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Cali
Hey Jaws. Great to see you.

If you are looking for a 2.5 beauty ring, ProVape had been sold out of them for awhile now. Sometimes in the fall maybe? Loki labs might still have some as the last time I was there they said "discontinued", but were still selling stock.

If it's the p3 one -- they could be available at a few other places. Creme de vape is one that has been a popular one. There are others.
Hey tearose50, how you doing?
Provape had some in stock on Tuesday but the site was down. I was informed it would be up the next day and it was shout down. And I emailed the I was told they aren't mailing stock out.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

JAWS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Cali
Me too (looked for them often), as I really wanted to get one of their drip tips for DPL. It's one of his faves, and I thought backupbackupbackup. But I could never find it. :(

I THINK it's called the Router...

IMG_0066.jpg
hi Kat I found a email address lokilabllc@gmail.com and Craig replied very quick. If your still looking shoot him a email. They're out of rings also
[emoji45]

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
hi Kat I found a email address lokilabllc@gmail.com and Craig replied very quick. If your still looking shoot him a email. They're out of rings also
[emoji45]

Thank you, JAWS! I've put the word out. Let's see if lady luck and love is on my side! I appreciate the info from you. :)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
[emoji45]

Good info, thanks for following through and sharing. So how does it work, you need to ask what they have of a product you already know they make, or does he send a list of available products if someone is curious?

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Right now I have a choice between a P3, Procyon and Radius.But I can only buy one. I'm kind of tempted since I know they'll soon be gone forever.:(
So which one would you buy and why?
They are all great, but also have some dings against them. Do you have any of them?

P3 uses all sizes of batteries and has a good range of power available, especially if you tootle. It is a tube and has a heavy spring that you have to press each time you swap a battery for charging.

Procyon is only long 18650 size and has that HP spring or can use a P3 or Classic heavy spring. It has great power management, and I burned up a couple of coils when I had to drop it from 6W to 5W on a Nauti X tank the first few times I used it.

Radius is a box shape and sits well on a table. It might not be as purse or pocket friendly if narrow space is the issue. If height is a consideration, it is the shortest (same height as a mini with stubby battery) It has on-board charging available, and comes with a wide range of power depending on what one you are looking at. It is a bit of a pain to deal with the battery doors on the bottom, and you should check your screws to make sure they aren't backing out. It doesn't share many parts from other provari. Moving around the menu is easiest on the Radius with the up/down buttons in case you blow by the setting you wanted.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I was watching the black beauty rings on ProVape ... they went from $16 to $10 to $8.

I was going to do one last order ... then ProVape was gone :blink:
Me too. I was going to make one last order for a black beauty ring and for the replacement top pieces for the P3 style top. Then they were gone!

The other site had the top pieces, but no black beauty ring.

Reactions: AstroTurf

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
They are all great, but also have some dings against them. Do you have any of them?

P3 uses all sizes of batteries and has a good range of power available, especially if you tootle. It is a tube and has a heavy spring that you have to press each time you swap a battery for charging.

Procyon is only long 18650 size and has that HP spring or can use a P3 or Classic heavy spring. It has great power management, and I burned up a couple of coils when I had to drop it from 6W to 5W on a Nauti X tank the first few times I used it.

Radius is a box shape and sits well on a table. It might not be as purse or pocket friendly if narrow space is the issue. If height is a consideration, it is the shortest (same height as a mini with stubby battery) It has on-board charging available, and comes with a wide range of power depending on what one you are looking at. It is a bit of a pain to deal with the battery doors on the bottom, and you should check your screws to make sure they aren't backing out. It doesn't share many parts from other provari. Moving around the menu is easiest on the Radius with the up/down buttons in case you blow by the setting you wanted.

Thanks cats! No, I don't have any of them only the 2.5s and a couple of the earlier ones. 17 watts is as high as I ever go. I actually have a box here that can go higher, but I just don't care for more than 17 watts or so. The Radius would actually be my cheapest option factoring in shipping and exchange rates on the other 2 but I really like the finishes on some of the P3s.

And then I'm kind of warring with myself because this is very much an impulse purchase just because I know I can't ever have them again. It's not like I need another mod.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Thanks cats! No, I don't have any of them only the 2.5s and a couple of the earlier ones. 17 watts is as high as I ever go. I actually have a box here that can go higher, but I just don't care for more than 17 watts or so. The Radius would actually be my cheapest option factoring in shipping and exchange rates on the other 2 but I really like the finishes on some of the P3s.

And then I'm kind of warring with myself because this is very much an impulse purchase just because I know I can't ever have them again. It's not like I need another mod.
Which makes you smile and your heart sing? If you are going to invest a lot of money, get the one that you love. :wub: You sound like a Radius would mean settling and that one of the P3's is calling your name. :wub:

The Procyon may be the rarest, just because it is newer, but they could all show up in the classies down the road. If you are shopping now at top dollar, (and out of USA) the others may still be around if you want to save up again for the other choices. P3 is still a good mod, and except for the bottom spring, a lot of the parts would fit your 2.5's. You can't put the heavy spring on a 2.5, but you can deal with power loss by putting a 2.5 spring in a P3.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I think the Radius is the one that does the best at reaching the ProVari ideal of worry free vaping, if only because it dispenses with the tyranny of the battery.

Just plug it in at night.

No more having to carry extra batteries, as long as you are not high watt vaping.

If I had to have just one ProVari?

Radius hands down.

Be aware that the 60W only goes down to 5W.

The 40W goes down to 3W, if that is important to you.

It's also the easiest ProVari to make adjustments to, as you don't have to look at the screen, what with the extra clicky buttons.

This is really handy when driving.

Last edited:

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I think I've decided to pass on a new purchase. I don't need another mod and am perfectly happy with the 2.5s I have here. However, I've been doing some reading here and am SUPER bummed that I missed out on the Provarinati end caps. Fell asleep at the switch on that one. So if anyone finds them anywhere, nudge me please. :)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I think I've decided to pass on a new purchase. I don't need another mod and am perfectly happy with the 2.5s I have here. However, I've been doing some reading here and am SUPER bummed that I missed out on the Provarinati end caps. Fell asleep at the switch on that one. So if anyone finds them anywhere, nudge me please. :)

ProVari 3 Collector's Edition ProVarinati end cap

below is not a black beauty ring ... however, IMO, these will also be gone one day.
https://www.cremedevape.com/epages/...ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/PV-09
Provari Cone Piece by SvoeMesto

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I saw those end caps when I was trying to make up my mind if I wanted a P3 or not. Hmmm......will those take a 2.5 spring and work on a V2.5?

no they will not ... send me a PM and I will send you a 2.5 ProVarinati end cap :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread