Guide to Dripping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggort

May 2, 2010
Ohio
I've seen some videos and read the guides and really think this is one of the last few questions I have before I can truly explore vaping. This is more of a reaffirmation that it is a question, I guess. ;)

So as are as I understand, in order to drip you remove the cart or tip you have and drip one to two drops of the preferred juice into the atomizer. After that you take a small puff without the tip on and then you can place the tip or empty cart back on and enjoy? Is there anything I am missing? Also, it seemed when I tried this first that the vapor was a little less consistent, is this possibly because it was new and needed breaking in or does dripping produce less vapor?

Any help is much appreciated!

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
When priming a "dry" atty, I always start with 3 drops and let it sit for about 15 or so seconds (it's the only time I need to wait).

Then I puff on the cig like normal until the taste changes. At that time I only put one more drop on and continue vaping (the amount of drops depends on the device, so experiment with them).

When I'm in the car, I add an extra drop between each session (just 'cuz I'm lazy).

I get far more vapor and flavor from dripping. If you're getting less vapor, it's probably flooded. If you typically hear a "gurgling" sound, start lowering the number of drops you use.

If the vapor is feels "hot" or stings a bit more than usual on the back of your throat, the atty is too dry, stop and add one drop to see if that clears it up.

Each and every night, before I hit the sack, I blow out the atty, put two drops in it, and cap it with a rubber KR808 "condom" to keep the atty from drying out.

My atomizers last a LOT longer when I stick to these methods.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Ive been playing around with both direct dripping and carts (moded carts) over the past 2ish days, direct drip certainly tastes the best (even over the NFM cap mod) IMO.

However I too am like many of my fellow americans, lazy that is. And deff am gonna need to persue some sort of reservoir/ bottle feed mechanism for direct dripping to be a long term method.

My question/contribution is this: Ive seen many ppl giving their varied opionions on direct drip, but too few times do i see ppl giving their precise results, i.e (hits/pulls per # of drops, times dripping/refilling per day etc.

I did see one person mention they get 5-6 pulls per 3 drops i think it was,,, at that rate id be re-dripping each time i picked it up ( ive been taking about that many pulls + a primer pull each time i pick up my 510) Ive run out of my 36mg juice and have fallen back to 24mg , so the frequency of vape session has increased also.

My question

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I would put it more like this, I get every pull as a good one and many from 4-5 drips and for as many times as I have to do that your playing with your cart and getting aggravated while I’m still getting every pull as a good one then your pulling off your cart messing with it with your tweezers filling it pulling up your fill topping it off, mean while I’m still getting a tasty vape every pull your all done putting your cart on, bang wow pop drips 4 drops all done more great taste and pulls after a few hits your pulling the cart off or adding drips again while I’m still getting great pulls tasting my flavor way better and every pull is great, uhm ya that about explains it ( unethically ) but does

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
I would put it more like this, I get every pull as a good one and many from 4-5 drips and for as many times as I have to do that your playing with your cart and getting aggravated while I’m still getting every pull as a good one then your pulling off your cart messing with it with your tweezers filling it pulling up your fill topping it off, mean while I’m still getting a tasty vape every pull your all done putting your cart on, bang wow pop drips 4 drops all done more great taste and pulls after a few hits your pulling the cart off or adding drips again while I’m still getting great pulls tasting my flavor way better and every pull is great, uhm ya that about explains it ( unethically ) but does
I'm with ya....:D
All that fiddling and messing around with carts made my blood boil after about a month.

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
How do you drip with the standard 510 carts with no filler without burning the cart? It seems like all that I do without any filler is just burn up the cart.

I have a drip tip on the way so hopefully that helps.
You'll love the drip tip.....
I never could drip with an empty cart. It was a PITA to keep taking it off to drip every few minutes.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC

Exactly. I drip because I'm too lazy to keep messing with carts, filler types, topping off, fiddling, tweezing, leaking...

And as a bonus, it's also the best way to enjoy vaping.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Boochips & Anim8r, you two no what im talking about, and one other point, not sure what kinda carts you other guys & girls sre using megs or regular but lets just say 12 drops as an average sometime maybe 1-2 more small carts 1-2 less so 12 for kicks and giggles ok, how many really good vapes (pulls) whateva ya wanna call it do you end up getting before you have to fiddle like I said in the last post pull out the fluid take off the cart bla bla bla, so many extra steps this way its 4-5 drops and go and I will Guarantee you every vape I take is a great tasting vape even when I feel it lighten up a bit and know its time to drip 4-5 drops and I never ever get that ech bla filler taste, when I first started vaping a little over a year ago I never would drip either I was like screw that I wanna fill that cart, and havent been dripping forever either, but man O man is it better and a lot less time consuming with way better taste everytime I take a pull it even makes me ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread