Dripping help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I can't seem to get dripping right.

I'm using a 901 atty, and halo Cool juice.

3 drops or more and I get liquid that seeps out, or very little vapor production.

2 drops vapor production starts out bad, for a handful of puffs then after a few puffs I get decent vapor and a decent throat hit, few more puffs and I get lots of vapor but almost no throat hit, two puffs of this and I start to taste metal.

It's not the cig cause with a cart I get good vapor the length of the cart, but I also get juice in my mouth, especially in the beginning. It's messy and sticky, I might try a cart mod, but I'd prefer to drip.

Any tips outside of the generic starting guides i read already? Signs to look for, sounds, tastes, to the perfect amount of liquid?

Thanks in advance

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
bighatcowboy, dripping is kind of a PITA. It's constant up keep and it sounds like your results are pretty typical. If you don't mind doing 2-3 drops every 5-10 minutes, then it's about the cleanest taste you can get, but I grew tired of it after about 2 days.

There are many cart mods out there that may help (the one in my sig works for me), but it's just something you have to play with to find your fav.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I drip - I also flood a lot :) But I just blow it out if I hear a gurgle, or suck juice, (I do both quite a bit, that beidge is so tiny and hard to see! lol) then vape a few puffs, and re-drip once the taste starts fading. yeah its a bit of a faff but if Im just sitting at the PC its not a HUGE faff; just makes it more hands on.
I find the taste and vapor etc from dripping is pretty much spot on for me, so I'm going hte extra mile to get it. I use a 510 btw, not a 901.
One day I'll find a cart mod that works better than dripping - but haven't found one yet :)

Okay more specific information, maybe peeps can lead me to water. The problem seems to be with the T-tip.

First I thought maybe I was getting juice on the sides of the tip, sense I don't have a long skinny dropper, so I took the t-tip off, placed two drops, put the tip back on and puffed, crappy wispy nothing. Take the t-tip off put on a plastic cart, puffs wonderfully.

Somehow I am doing something wrong with the T-tip. Which is baffiling cause it's just a brass tube.

Maybe cause the hole is larger, gonna play with it some more.

Anyone else here use a Brass t-tip with a 901 at 3.7v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread